Marc Stein ESPN - Raptors Continue To Show Interest In Bobby Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Stein ESPN - Raptors Continue To Show Interest In Bobby Brown

I think that Arsenalist would have to get his wish of the Raptors either moving Calderon or Banks for Brown to be signed. We shall see.

Remember the Titans

On the subject of players whose allegiances merit special attention here at Stein Line HQ, Cal State Fullerton alumnus Bobby Brown continues to draw interest from the Raptors, who had Brown in summer league and are believed to be the team most likely to sign him for next season.

Brown not only played well in Las Vegas but has a special bond with a few California-reared Raptors (DeMar DeRozan and Amir Johnson) to enhance his chances. The Raptors, though, still have two point guards on the roster that they’ve unsuccessfully tried to move: Jose Calderon and Marcus Banks.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...haq-t-mac-more

Grading LVSL Part Two

By: Luke Byrnes Last Updated: 7/23/10 3:57 PM ET | 6590 times read

Journeyman point guard Bobby Brown was tremendous offensively, making 25-37 (.676) field goals while averaging 12.4 points and four assists (to only 1.4 turnovers) per game.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16905

Brown Career NBA stats limited

Age-----------------26
    Height--------------6'2"

Games-------------113
    MPG---------------12.8
    PPG----------------5.1
    APG----------------1.8
    TOV----------------1.0
    FG%---------------.384
    3FG%--------------.311
    FT%---------------.810
    PER-----------------9.0
    WS/48-------------(0.037) That is negative WS/48 for his career

========================
    Comment: I would rather see Weems or Barbosa as the backup point guard than this guy.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

You beat me to it. I actually would like the Raptors to sign the guy, if they could complete a trade first. He did have great chemistry with the other Raptors at VSL.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I hope BC makes some moves as so BBrown can be the Rap's 3rd roster pg. He fits in with the YG'z plus he has a decent on court game.

Team chemistry or the lack of can unite or divide a team respectively.

Comment

He won't get much playing time as it is. 3rd string PG. I'm assuming that Banks will be dealt as will Calderon, which another PG coming in to back up (or supplant) Jack.

Comment

don't think we really need any point guards as we currently have 3(Calderon, Jack, Banks) + 1/2 (Barbosa) The only way i think we have a space for him is if we get red of banks + either calderon or jack, BUT i don't think it makes sense to force a trade of that magnitude just to just to get a better 3rd string point guard. But if a good trade somes around and we do get rid of 2 pgs (without getting any back in return) then there is no reason why we shouldn't sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

they got to make some moves first, if they can

Comment

I would rather keep Banks as our 2nd/3rd PG. Yeah he's overpaid, but he's an expiring.

On top of that, the guy is always ready to play, and easily our best defender at the PG position. For a guy his size (strength), he has great lateral quickness. Not only can he keep in front of the Rondo's, CP3's, etc; he uses his size to play TOUGH, PHYSICAL, defence on them.

Comment

NoFrillz wrote: View Post
                I would rather keep Banks as our 2nd/3rd PG. Yeah he's overpaid, but he's an expiring.

On top of that, the guy is always ready to play, and easily our best defender at the PG position. For a guy his size (strength), he has great lateral quickness. Not only can he keep in front of the Rondo's, CP3's, etc; he uses his size to play TOUGH, PHYSICAL, defence on them.
                tell u the truth id rather have banks then JJ. LOL
                banks is under rated mostly because his contract size & injury history, when ever hes not been rotting on someones bench hes done a good job, not great but at least at par with JJ & he's expiring, so should be hungry for a chance to prove himself.

i personaly wouldnt want any of the PG's we got starting next season. & i think banks would be more suited & more accepting of the backup PG spot then JJ & JC aswell. + i dont see JJ or JC willing to share the backup PG role with barbosa either & banks would prob. be more then happy with that considering he hasnt played much in a few years.
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Banks should have actually gotten more time last season but since he refused to show in Vegas he was in Jay/BC doghouse all season. Banks plays great on ball defense and I would keep him as the back up to JJ w/ BBrown as 3rd string if (when) Jose is traded away. I don't think BC/Jay likes folks who actually play defense.

Comment

ya i agree with the boys up there i think they should give banks a try for a bit.
                    he would be a great back-up for defence and if he can keep his shot selection WAY down, i say hes worth a try.
                    Bobby brown got some quicks but i dont know how he could handle a back-up role in a full NBA season.

Comment

Bobby Brown is a decent pass first PG. So, if and when the Raptors trade Calderon they'll still have a pass first point guard on the roster. He's not going to be offered a contract before the Raptors make a trade anyways.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Bobby Brown couldn't even stick with the Clippers last season. First the Hornets dumped him, of course they had Collision as their backup at the time and then he wound up playing for the Clippers, where he absolutely stunk. He was so bad that he actually stood out as someone being bad on the Clippers compared to his teammates. Now that is really bad.

Who knows maybe it was a bad fit for him. I am just relating what I saw too much of and it was only about 20 games at 10 mpg.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Comment: I would rather see Weems or Barbosa as the backup point guard than this guy.
                          Really? Weems? As a point guard?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            I #hate# using summer league as a proxy, but I will say he looked very good there. Good chemistry with the guys.
                            His college numbers were solid:
                            http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...p?Player=33957

I too am a bit skeptical given the lack of PT given by other clubs. InHe hustled on D and made good decisions on offense when I saw him - I have to think he's a better than his recent #s.
                            Last edited by Liston; Fri Jul 30, 2010, 08:56 PM.
                            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

because amir johnson and sonny weems got alot of pt with their former clubs.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X