Steve Nash Made Bosh Look Soft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Nash Made Bosh Look Soft

Toronto Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo recently went on record to say that Chris Bosh chose not to play some crucial games last season.

Colangelo, the son of USA basketball operations manager, Jerry Colangelo, said, “Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit for six more games... I’m not even questioning Chris’ injury. I’m telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn’t there and he chose not to play."
    In two previous meetings between these teams, Raptors beat Bulls both times with a healthy Bosh averaging 26.5 points and 11.5 rebounds. Therefore a strong case could be made that with Bosh that late season game loss to Chicago might have had a different result.

While Bosh’s mentality after the injury is open to debate, his work ethic during games speak for itself. So it is baffling why Colangelo went on to say:

“Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn’t quite into it down the stretch, he wasn’t the same guy. I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it.”

In the last five games prior to the Cleveland game, where he was injured in the first three minutes, Bosh averaged 29 points and 10.5 rebounds, winning three of those games and had the Raptors in the playoffs. In response to these allegations Bosh told Sportsnet.

“I play the game as hard as I can every time I step on the court. On the back of my jersey it says Bosh. That’s my grandfather’s name. He is dead in the ground right now. Just to know if I even did something to affect the Bosh name…the Bosh’s are hard workers; we have a lot of pride in what we do. In our jobs and in life, there was no time at any time when I step on the court in my NBA career, in my life, did I stop playing hard or give up.”
    However, Conlangelo alleges that Bosh could have played if he wanted to during the last part of the season. With limited swelling and no excessive damage showing up on an MRI and a playoff spot on the line you expect your star to want to take a chance and play.
    Steve Nash was able to deliver a knockout blow to his arch enemy, San Antonio Spurs, even though he had six stitches under his right elbow and a swollen right eye after it collided with Tim Duncan’s elbow.

Obviously Nash is at the tail end of his career, and maybe just desperate enough to take these chances after having a lifetime of missed opportunities, but his courage and gamesmanship is commendable.

After sweeping the Spurs, Nash was further injured in the Western Conference Finals against the eventual NBA champions, Los Angeles Lakers, and could be seen at one point trying to slide his nose back into place.

"I'm lucky. I've had a couple bumps or bruises that haven't affected my play," Nash said. "Those don't bother you. It's the ones that limit you that you hope you don't have to face."

A broken nose or black eye will not impede a player however it may affect breathing and vision. In that same game (Game Three) against the Lakers, which the Suns won, Nash had 17 points and 15 assists in 38 minutes.
    Even Phil Jackson who had a war of words with Nash prior to the finals had nothing but respect for Nash.

"This guy's gone through a lot of stuff the last two or three years in the playoffs. I don't think it's going to bother him," Jackson said. "On second thought, Ginobili, it really curtailed his game. I thought his game really tailed off after the broken nose, so it's probably an individual thing."

It is hard to imagine Steve Nash electing not to play after being given the all clear because “the tolerance was not there.” He had surgery after game three to repair his broken nose but was ready to go by game four.
    for unnecessary and excessive information click here
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

This just shows how Bosh is "different" (lol).

Steve Nash is one of the few players who has never won a championship, but is a winner. Bosh may win a champion ship Miami, but he is less of a winner then Nash if he wins or not. Steve Nash plays to win, wether he is losing by 30, or up by 30, he plays his hardest. Bosh didnt give a crap. When we are getting blown out, no one on this team continues to play, and thats because their alleged leader is giving up. The reason the sons do so well, with anybody on the floor at the time, is because Steve Nash makes other people better. That is the definition of a Star, and in my mind, a winner. What happened when Bosh and JO were paired? JO's numbers dropped amazingly, because "bosh didnt have enough space" Bosh makes the players around work harder. Steve Nash makes other players work easier. Steve Nash will forever be a winner, while bosh wont.

RAW

Comment

i agree with you. except maybe for the part about j.o. he hadn't seen action in a while and was coming off a devastating injury. but, i still agree that having j.o. and bosh should have been goood but wasnt becausde bosh wasnt able to run all over the place.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
      X