Bryan Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Colangelo

I know this is something that a lot of raptor fans who are supporters of Bryan Colangelo don't want 2 hear,but I'm one of fans that is not very happy with his decisions and his general manager role.
    I honestly believe he has had a free pass ever since he got here.
    Were at stage of more than 5 years and what has he done,nothing...sure franchise has made playoffs once with him,but they haven't gone passed first round.
    With Ru Paul departing that was the last straw...everyone in nba knew that this guy was gone and held on 2 him for what 2 picks,yeah we got exception..woopiiii..dosen't help.
    He should of gotten rid of him last year.
    Anyway it's the same thing with bryan colangelo he tries 2 improve raptors but he always seems 2 get wrong players.
    MLSE Ownership should realize that this franchise is in it's rebuild stage again and since Bryan Colangelo is in his last year contract should his last.
    Start fresh,get new creative mind gm and coach.
    I would be willing as raptor fan 2 indulge in rebuild again if there is light at the end of tunnel....I just hope that light is not shinning on Bryan Colangelo!!!

Regards,

Dr Hannibal Lecter
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

im on the fence with him... I give him one more year and if we're not rebuilding and building from the draft and acquiring young players and getting some franchise type players... I saw we get rid of him

Comment

you cant just say that we should have gotten rid of him last year cuz we were winning. By the time of the trade deadline we were 7 games over .500 and ttrying to get the fourth seed in the east. i think that we should only fir colnagelo if we r able to get a good gm like kevin pritchard
      BO$$

Comment

before u wish BC gone u should consider the alternatives, in my opinion BC has made a few questionable moves but in all has done a better job then anyone weve had running the team. bosh was a big part of the oncourt problem, & im sure him being the captain & face of the franchise would have had a say in any of the moves made along with the head coach. so in short there are more problems too worry about in raptor land without BC then with him. i think with the loss of bosh & colangelo the franchise would be in dire straights & would struggle to keep even Young guns past there rookie contracts & so on. the last thing this team needs right now is a management change.

what this team does need is stability on & off the court.

& a fan base thats not soo DOOM & GLOOM.

like Pac said
        "for every dark day, there's a bright day after".
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Aug 1, 2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Yayyy...let's make trades and fire good GMs for the sake of it, on impulse and with no good, willing alternatives.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I really see both sides on this one.

If the MLSE decides not to bring BC back, I could totally understand. The team has quite frankly failed to meet expectations of being a serious playoff contender in the eastern conference.

And my heart kinda tells me that BC himself would understand that as well.

Having said that, it's my belief that the pathway to success is littered with several failed attempts. You can't truly have success until you know what it is to fail at something.

Ask any person who achieved great success and they'll tell you about the risks they took that didn't work out or the chances they've taken that blew up in their faces. If you've never failed at anything then you've never taken a chance and I don't see how anyone can be successful at anything without the odd risk or two.

Whether you believe in that stuff or not, the thing that you've gotta be impressed with is BC's ability to not let a failed attempt hold him back.

He made the move for Jermaine O'Neal and while it was questionable (especially after the fact), the franchise was able to recover after he was traded to Miami for Shawn Marion. At the end of that season, he was able to orchestrate a multi team deal when it was apparent that the Matrix wasn't coming back (Although, I believe that he never intended on staying)

That move didn't hamper the franchise's ability to sign the highly coveted Hedo as a free agent from Orlando and the move made sense considering the kind of year he had with the Magic. After a failed season, Hedo and his hefty contract gets traded to Phoenix and the damage to the franchise is once again minimal.

I'm not convinced that there are many GM's that would have been able to bounce back from moves that didn't the way Colangelo has been able to.

This past off season, we've seen him experience failure on a variety of fronts with respects to missing out on several player acquisitions (Chandler, Diaw & Barnes). He's maintained his aggressiveness on the market and his ability to recover from disappointment is reminiscent of Wolverine's healing factor.

Say what you want about the quality of moves, the bottom line is that he went out there swinging and didn't wait for things to happen.

If I had my choice, I'd much rather want my legacy as a GM be filled with failed attempts as opposed to a guy who sat back with my cup of cocoa and let things happen to me.
            Audley
            The NBA Breakdown - For Hoops Talk, The Way It Should Be!

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              With Ru Paul departing that was the last straw...everyone in nba knew that this guy was gone and held on 2 him for what 2 picks,yeah we got exception..woopiiii..dosen't help.
              He should of gotten rid of him last year.
              So, what do you think other gms would have given for Bosh in a rental trade a year ago? With the single caveat of trading him out of the east (which most gms would do) which teams would give up the equivalent of more than 2 first rounders with no guarantee of resigning Bosh. Even Miami, what would we have wanted from Miami a year ago? The fact is that BC believed Bosh that he would be an honest partner in a sign & trade scenario if he decided he did not want to play here anymore. I think most of us were quite fine with that outcome. Bosh's demeanor and public statements led us all to believe he was a someone we could trust to do the right thing seeing as how he had always done that. Obviously BC believed the same .

This said I personally dont think BC should have himself been public about his pronouncements re Bosh on the Fan590. He is obviously pretty pissed at what went down.

Comment

weve made the playoffs twice under him and am i the only one that read and heard that both burke and colangelo had contracts extended through to 2012.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  before u wish BC gone u should consider the alternatives.
                  Agree, unless you have names of well known potentials GM's MLSE should go for + high certainty that these guys would want to work in Toronto as opposed to other places then I would be careful with that wish.

Bryan Colangelo made some big mistakes and blunders no doubt but he always worked hard to correct them. Now with Bosh is gone, I would at least give Colangelo 2 seasons to build something (after all he already has the blue prints in place) and if he fails again then it might be time to severe ties. Any GM's you find now will also have to be rebuilding the team up again and wouldn't make much of a difference at this point.

Comment

Respectfully disagree. If we fire Colangelo impulsively, please tell us who a decent replacement would be that would be as skilled and as respected in the NBA, and on top of that actually want to be here. he's made some mistakes, but no question if he cant build a winner in Toronto, you may as well move this franchise to Vegas because no one with half his skill will want to come here to clean up the mess.

Comment

This is a tough one, although coangelo has underpreformed it is hard to think of a good replacement. I'm also not very familiar with the details of how front office works. We also don't know if mlse has inquired about anyone else and/or if they would consider the position. Unless/until we have a better gm lined up we're probably better keeping him around. I still figure he is in the top 10-15 gms in the league.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        before u wish BC gone u should consider the alternatives, in my opinion BC has made a few questionable moves but in all has done a better job then anyone weve had running the team.
                        what about the gm from 2001 who actually got us past the first round ?

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
                          Respectfully disagree. If we fire Colangelo impulsively, please tell us who a decent replacement would be that would be as skilled and as respected in the NBA, and on top of that actually want to be here. he's made some mistakes, but no question if he cant build a winner in Toronto, you may as well move this franchise to Vegas because no one with half his skill will want to come here to clean up the mess.
                          ok number one MLSE makes a ton of money from the raptors in toronto... even when the team is horrible the acc is usually sold out... why would MLSE move the raps to vegas ??

number two... there are a ton of assistant gm's, former gm's, former players, and even broadcasters who would kill to take over a team and show how smart they are

number three... why would any gm take any job knowing that he is gona have to clean up a mess... anytime a gm is replaced it's b/c the team is a mess...(exception k pritchard) no team says hey so we have a franchise player, some good secondaary pieces, young talent, and all of our draft picks... hmm i have an idea... lets fire the gm !! (exception k pritchard)

Comment

im not saying we need to fire BC, but i dont understand the argument of there's no replacements for him so we should keep him...

just recently the assistant gm of the thunder (rick cho) was hired as the gm of the blazers... what because i cant name the assistant gm's of every team, my argument that there ARE MANY possible replacements for BC... is not valid ??

also why did phx and jerry colangelo hire bc ? was he so qualified over everyone else ?

Comment

everybody always seems to think the grass is greener on the other side of the hill, until they get there & its all dead & smells like shit LOL

by the way, why on gods green earth would u rather a guy with no GM experiance over BC? that would be even more foolish then hiring a head coach that has no experiance.

even if the most successfull GM in NBA history is avail. it dont mean hed sign with us.
                              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Aug 1, 2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X