Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bryan Colangelo

Post Thanks / Like

colangelo had stellar years in phoenix. but would anyone seriously dare to compare that with what he's done in toronto?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    ok number one MLSE makes a ton of money from the raptors in toronto... even when the team is horrible the acc is usually sold out... why would MLSE move the raps to vegas ??

number two... there are a ton of assistant gm's, former gm's, former players, and even broadcasters who would kill to take over a team and show how smart they are

number three... why would any gm take any job knowing that he is gona have to clean up a mess... anytime a gm is replaced it's b/c the team is a mess...(exception k pritchard) no team says hey so we have a franchise player, some good secondaary pieces, young talent, and all of our draft picks... hmm i have an idea... lets fire the gm !! (exception k pritchard)
    Hey VP, it turns out I can read. Post #13 not only endorses the firing of BC, but your suggestion is also all about the licking of Kevin Pritchard's balls. I'm not going to deny your entry in post #14. However, I do think you don't know what you're talking about either. Hey, I got a suggestion, you need a few cold ones to clear your mind bro.

PS> Just a news flash for you, new GMs are hired exactly for the cleanup and a better direction than the previous administration.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Aug 2nd, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    V_P we'll agree to disagree on this one. Sorry bout the anger comment. The reason the Raptors are even here is that there are fans like us who will stick by the team regardless of the outcome. Have a good one bro.
    haha you too !!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    some of the same players that were bosh's supporting cast here in T.O have had playoff success for other teams since as role players.

when your franchise guy isnt a franchise guy theres not enough role players out there to make up for that.

our problem has not been the supporting cast its been our franchise guy all along & how peeps cant see that is beyond me. if bosh was as good as wade, LBJ, kobe, duncan, shaq we would have seen a hell of alot more playoff games in T.O

Bosh,Vc,Tmac & all the rest of our franchise guys were over hyped due to the fact they had pretty much a whole country stroking there ego's. they became bigger then the game,then they flew south seeking even more ego stroking.

also pat riley has had success yes but hes had his share of loosing season just like the rest. if bosh was as serious as colangelo is about building a winner in T.O then he could have tryed to recriut someone to T.O this year instead of bolting. we might not have had as much cap space as miami but we had something of more value seeing how the FA frenzy played out & that was sign & trade assets(alot more then miami had to offer). we could have pretty much traded anyone for the likes of LBJ & Wade.
    Exactly Bosh needed another upper echelon player(BC thought that it would be Bargnani) to play with even Malone had Stockton but BC never delivered that player. None of the above players you listed in comparison to Bosh that have won 'ships didn't win without at least another star player on their roster ie Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol, Wade/Shaq, Duncan/Robinson, Duncan/Parker- recognize game.

Yeah BC really put together a Raptor roster that would be attractive to 2010 f/a's- not.lol TO didn't have had cap space not to mention an experienced respected coach in place-Jay "no accountability" Triano, that players would want to play for. Bring in a GM like Julius Erving aka Dr J (previous Raptor GM candidate) and a coach like Mo Cheeks- that would all change dramatically in my mind.

Toronto or Miami- if you had a choice, all things being the same, to work in either or where would you choose to work and/or live?lol

Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya lets fire him and replace him with who? Another Babcock? No thanks. keep him on to build post Bosh era and see what goes down. Maybe he can actually get an actual No.1 guy and not one by default.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Killingjoke wrote: View Post
    Ya lets fire him and replace him with who? Another Babcock? No thanks. keep him on to build post Bosh era and see what goes down. Maybe he can actually get an actual No.1 guy and not one by default.
    Hire Julius Erving aka Dr J as he was a candidate before BC got hired. He would give Toronto a certified NBA name plus add credibility to NBA players in relation to the Raptors.

BC has been here for 4 years going on year 5 and the only thing that has been consistent is the inconsistency. He had a number 1 overall draft pick, cap space, a top 15 NBA player and did very little with it. TO has went from player accountability under Sam to no player accountabilty under Jay. From Division champs to Conference chumps all under BC. Hopefully the season ticket holders won't renew at a high rate and force MLSE to look at BC through different glasses.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

dont forget we just hired P.J. Carlesimo. Personally I feel P.J. Carlesimo,alex english, jay triano,and bryan colangelo have enough experience between them that they can make this team a contender. It may not be today but 2 first round picks and a trade exception to buy players in the draft with (if we can) is a good start.

Even look at bosh's body since they hired that strength and conditioning coach francesco cuzzolin. To me this looks like a solid organization which are committed to basketball.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    dont forget we just hired P.J. Carlesimo. Personally I feel P.J. Carlesimo,alex english, jay triano,and bryan colangelo have enough experience between them that they can make this team a contender. It may not be today but 2 first round picks and a trade exception to buy players in the draft with (if we can) is a good start.

Even look at bosh's body since they hired that strength and conditioning coach francesco cuzzolin. To me this looks like a solid organization which are committed to basketball.
    PJ is a joke. All he does is yell, curse and berate players- there's a reason why Oklahoma City took off w/o him around. Truth be told Alex English should be the head coach over Jay right now as he's a certified NBA legend who knows the game inside out.

You can't acquire draft picks with a trade exception (it expires in a year if not used). One of those 1st round picks, the one from Miami, most likely will be number 30 if Miami finishes with the best record in the NBA.

How can a GM(BC) via his puppet coach(Traino) who imposed a no accountability era in TO be committed to anything?lmfao

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    PJ is a joke. All he does is yell, curse and berate players- there's a reason why Oklahoma City took off w/o him around. Truth be told Alex English should be the head coach over Jay right now as he's a certified NBA legend who knows the game inside out.

You can't acquire draft picks with a trade exception (it expires in a year if not used). One of those 1st round picks, the one from Miami, most likely will be number 30 if Miami finishes with the best record in the NBA.

How can a GM(BC) via his puppet coach(Traino) who imposed a no accountability era in TO be committed to anything?lmfao
    like i said i personally think its a solid coaching core, like a team everyone has to do their part to get the most from these players. I also think a coach like P.j. is someone we need at this point in time.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gut Feeling...

I'm getting feeling his ready 2 leave raptors 2 go 2 new york knicks or brooklyn nets...
    Anyway I don't mind as long as we don't wait till the end of the next year...if his not in the plans get rid of him....Kevin Pritchard would be amazing here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I'm getting feeling his ready 2 leave raptors 2 go 2 new york knicks or brooklyn nets...
    Anyway I don't mind as long as we don't wait till the end of the next year...if his not in the plans get rid of him....Kevin Pritchard would be amazing here.
    yea i hope no one hires him this year, and next year he gets an itch to come back and mlse makes him a ridiculous offer... with no bad contracts on the raps pritch could turn this around like he did for the blazers...

its funny that a lot of people think its either we have BC or rob babcock... like there arent hundreds or people who have nba experience and knowledge to run a team... its all part of the free pass bc gets...

any criticism of bc all of a sudden makes you a hater and someone who would prefer rob babcock to come back ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post

I def wouldn't mind seeing what english could do as head coach.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No direction....

I'm still waiting 2 see what direction this franchise decides 2 go...because right now this franchise is lost like Bryan Colangelo.
    Honestly ppl...this team won't win 20 games,just look at the make of the team.
    Wow!!!
    Not looking good Bryan Colangelo...

Quote from famous character...Gordon Gekko

Bryan Colangelo "This is your wake up call, pal. Go to work".....

Thread Information