Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You're BC What's Your Next Move?

what position do you upgrade ?
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Sun Aug 1, 2010, 10:22 PM.

Do not respond to Hedo's baiting, keep your mouth shut, try to get another young rebounding centre and a SF without compromising the new core of the team and future first round draft picks.

Comment

I'm with Hotshot. We need a starting SF who can create his own shot, get to the free throw line and most of all, be consistent. Even if he's only giving us 12ppg, it has to be 12ppg every night, not 24 one night and 0 the next. Corey Maggette would have been perfect in this role. Need a tough rebounding centre, doesn't necessarily have to be young tho but it would be preferred. The Tyson Chandler deal showed you which way Colangelo was leaning and while I like the direction, Chandler wasn't that piece because he can't stay healthy. I would love it if Bargnani didn't have to start at 5 even though he's getting better in the middle.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Do not respond to Hedo's baiting, keep your mouth shut, try to get another young rebounding centre and a SF without compromising the new core of the team and future first round draft picks.
        Agree w/ above but I would go specifically for a young and cheap center, maybe that beast of a greek sofo? I only would add small pieces with cheap contracts for 3 years or less. I want the team to shake things out a bit and leave the big deals to december or later. Unless of course some sweetheart deal comes along.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Take the current roster into training camp unless BC can trade Calderon for a better PG.

Then during training camp for the entire month of October focus on two things only

1. Conditioning - Run the guys ragged until they are grabbing their shorts. Two practices a day of this.
          2 Practice absolutely nothing but defense. Defense, defense and defense. Develop multiple defensive schemes one to suit each team and practice them for the whole month.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i would go an get james johnson from the bulls and sign louis amundson to help backup the 5.

trade calderon and try to include expirings of reggie and banks, sign travis diener and just try to get some expiring contract and/or a young center.

diener and amundson both to 1 year deals.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think it's only a matter of time before BC trades Calderon. Ideally, we get a starting-caliber SF in return, but any kind of depth at the position would be satisfactory. With the Andersen acquisition, I just don't think there's room for any more big men... we technically have 8 under contract already (6 fully-guaranteed).

As for who I'd target in a swap for Jose... Wilson Chandler would be a dream come true. Not sure Raymond Felton would be too thrilled, but D'Antoni? Who knows...

Comment

Out of curiosity I wonder what Colangelo can get for Bargnani?! I doubt his value will ever be as high as it is today. I am sure Bargnani is currently's Colangelo highest tradeable asset.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                  I
                  As for who I'd target in a swap for Jose... Wilson Chandler would be a dream come true. Not sure Raymond Felton would be too thrilled, but D'Antoni? Who knows...
                  im sure new york would give up chandler if we took curry's expiring contract.

Comment

make a play for amundsen. trade jose for hibbert and mike dunleavey plus pacers 2nd round draft pick. trade banks and evans for another sf (defensive gritty)
                    ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                      make a play for amundsen. trade jose for hibbert and mike dunleavey plus pacers 2nd round draft pick. trade banks and evans for another sf (defensive gritty)
                      hahaah

so the pacers are to give up a potential 10 n 10 with a few blocks, mike dunleavy, a 2nd round pick, AND take jose's 3 year $30 million contract ?

why hibbert, why not say we want pau gasol and 2 1st rounders for jose ?

Comment

maybe if we package jose with evens we can land d.howard LOL

1.id most def like to land a quality starting center who can play excelent D.

2.id really like to get a allstar PG.

3. a starting SF who will terrorize other wings with there D

4. if demar doesnt pan out at the 2 trade for a franchise type SG or draft 1 in next years draft if theres 1 avail.
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Aug 2, 2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Pacers desperately need a pg and jose is a good pg so I think they would take it
                          ya dun noe

Comment

I agree. Wilson Chandler for Calderon. We also have to take additional salary though to balance things out. I'm in the few that think Okafor might work here as everyone (myself included), badly wants a defensive center to pair with Bargs. The guy is 27, played all 82 games in the past 3 years. Another possibility is Tolliver but he has to take less money.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Colangelo's more likely to trade his spleen than Bargs. Next year will be the first year where we see exactly what Bargs is made of. He wouldn't pass up that opportunity.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X