Toronto/Memphis Trade Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/Memphis Trade Proposal

Just an idea.. but what about this trade.

To Toronto: Mike Conley, Thabeet

To Memphis: Jose Calderon

Memphis solves their point guard problems while we get two expiring contracts for rotation players.

Memphis has Marc Gasol who is due for a pay increase next year, which leaves Thabeet without much hope. Maybe a new scenery and more opportunity at C he can start growing as a player. They also aren't happy with how Mike Conley runs the team and I think Jose could manage Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo alot better than he ever did.

Money works to also throw in Bellinelli as a rotation player for Memphis, as they lost Ronnie Brewer to Chicago. 2nd round draft pick could also be used instead.

What you think?

Hmmm very intriguing
    Conley finished very strong, but didnt quiet fit with memphis. Thabeet wasnt drafted 2 for nothing. I would make this trade happen in a second. I dont know if memphis would get rid of conley, but calderon would rock their offense.

Great Idea

RAW

Comment

I love it. I think Memphis might like this idea, but Conley had a pretty good last year, and I think they want to build around Conley as point. But, maybe Calderon's vision and passing skills might just convince them. But this is, quite interesting. It's hard to decide though, if you are Memphis. Two unproven "average" players, with alot of upside, for a "semi-proven" pure point guard that Memphis needs. One of the few good and possible trades on the board. Thabeet and Conley would fit our rotation, and Bargnani could have breaks, as in start at the 5, but then swap to the 4 in between, making him a huge threat...
      I am seriously interested by this, will be thinking of it for a while now, HAHA.

Great idea

Comment

I am not interested in any slow, lumbering center. This team is designed to run and any center that can't move quickly should not be looked at IMO. The only starting Center we have seen Colangelo go after is Chandler - the exact defensive and agile center we need.

Comment

You would not like a 7-3 defensive beast?

Comment

I might love a 7-3 "defensive beast", but I just don't see Thabeet as the answer. He can only guard one position and he is too slow IMO. I don't like Thabeet or Hibbert and am much more intrigued by Biedrins (which I have officially overstated on these forums).

Comment

I don't think Memphis is looking to give up on their 2nd pick that quickly. Nor do I think they're willing to trade Conley for Calderon. They had great chemistry last season and already paid to keep Gay to maintain that chemistry. Their best bet would be to find a young PG that could develop and take over for Conley.

Comment

If you think Chandler is agile and can cover multiple positions you're out of your mind. And building around Conley sounds just as farfetch'd. They've been open about the fact they aren't happy with how Conley runs the team, and they already have a solid starting C who will get a big contract next year. It makes alot of sense. Thabeet could step in at C for 5-10 mins a game, and give Bargnani and shot at playing the 4. Conley is an expiring that could still be a serviceable back-up.

Comment

Oh and the thought of getting Biedrins(INJURY PRONED CENTER WITH 0 OFFENSIVE SKILL) for 9 million a year with 4 years left.. are u serious?

Comment

solid trade Akinyele. My hope if there were ever a Memphis trade to go down would be to bring in Xavier Henry but that's just a pipe dream of mine...

Comment

Good trade, but I think Caldy would have to "up" his trade value a bit more for Memphis to consider trading away 2 promising young players.
                      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
                        If you think Chandler is agile and can cover multiple positions you're out of your mind. And building around Conley sounds just as farfetch'd. They've been open about the fact they aren't happy with how Conley runs the team, and they already have a solid starting C who will get a big contract next year. It makes alot of sense. Thabeet could step in at C for 5-10 mins a game, and give Bargnani and shot at playing the 4. Conley is an expiring that could still be a serviceable back-up.
                        +infinity

Comment

Ridiculous ... I wouldn't even give you Thabeet alone for Calderon. Thabeet is all potential, and while he might not be panning out for Memphis he is all upside for someone willing to take the chance. If Thabeet works out, he would be a big-time score for someone, and Memphis will not be giving him up for nothing to watch him fit in somewhere else and kill it. Calderon is past his peak and injury prone ... the guy comes off the bench behind Jack, fer pete's sake.

Comment

You're clearly looking way to much into the potential factor. They have NO room for him with Marc Gasol on the team and if they don't play him his value will never go up. Calderon is a solid offensive player, nice shot, nice passing, terrible defender.. but he would work well with Memphis.. but ok if Thabeet is that good lets see if NO will trade Chris Paul for him

Comment

No ... no, I'm not. Memphis doesn't care whether Thabeet fits into their program when it comes to a trade ... they care what he's worth to the team that wants him. The market value is not what he's worth to your team, but what he's worth to other teams. He was a #2 draft pick just a year ago, is 7' 3", and has shown lots of talent. Jose Calderon was worth quite a bit a couple of years back, but his stock has fallen big time ... I repeat, he can't even hold the starting guard position in the face of ... Jarret Jack! They should have traded Calderon when he was peaking if they wanted blue-chip players for him. Take off your Raptors jersey for a minute and give it some thought.

Chris Paul is truly a blue-chipper. I would want the world for Chris Paul ... Rookie of the Year, three time All-Star, endless potential. I'd want half the team for Chris Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X