Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was Tony Parker Almost A Raptor?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was Tony Parker Almost A Raptor?

I'm not sure if anyone attended Caribana this weekend, but while I was there, I spotted quite a few Toronto Raptors jerseys with #9 on the back and the name 'Parker'.
    I then went to National sports and there were a whole lot of them on the clearance rack along with Bosh, Turkoglu and Calderon jerseys. Seems somewhat odd. It made me wonder if there actually was a deal in the works for Tony Parker.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? That's certainly interesting if they did do something so premature like that.

Perhaps that was a deal they might of had in place if they were able to retain Bosh. After Chris left, I'm sure the incentive for Parker to come to Toronto had lessened for him.

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Parker never wore #9 for the Raps? Seems silly.
    It's about money

Post Thanks / Like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...ll-time_roster

anthony parker was the only parker to play for the raptors number 18.

you sure it wasnt just a family with custom jerseys and the last name parker or maybe they like spiderman and it was peter parker.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...ll-time_roster

anthony parker was the only parker to play for the raptors number 18.

you sure it wasnt just a family with custom jerseys and the last name parker or maybe they like spiderman and it was peter parker.
    I thought that was the case at first, but then I saw at least 10-15 people at the parade with the same jersey - some in black, some in white.. and seeing it on the racks at National Sports, it led to me believe that something was up.

Post Thanks / Like

That's very peculiar.

I guess Tony Parker doesn't have Twitter or else everyone would have heard about it (a trade in the works).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I thought that was the case at first, but then I saw at least 10-15 people at the parade with the same jersey - some in black, some in white.. and seeing it on the racks at National Sports, it led to me believe that something was up.
    you sure you werent high

strange thing that id have to see to believe. ill google it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    you sure you werent high

strange thing that id have to see to believe. ill google it.
    I hadn't smoked yet

I wouldn't make this shit up for the sake of it. If you have a National Sports around your area or in Burlington/Oakville, then make a trip there. There still might be some of the Parker #9 jerseys around.

Post Thanks / Like

Calderon is on the clearance rack as well now? Seems like every sign points to him not being here come September. And yeah thats weird about the Parker jerseys, my guess is a custom jersey no company would make jerseys prematurely just to lose out and spend unnecessary costs in production.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

u didnt hear... they used the rest of the MLE on candice parker LOL

they were looking for someone to be the man & she fits the bill! LOL

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    u didnt hear... they used the rest of the MLE on candice parker LOL

they were looking for someone to be the man & she fits the bill! LOL

Hahahaha we dont need a man, we need someone who can actually play...she is anthony parker +

Post Thanks / Like

then there it was smush parker, he was close tobeing signed by us.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they were mistakes? Someone could have dropped the ball? I don't think we should reading between the lines on this one but one alternate idea would be that when Parker played ball for Maccabi Tel Aviv he wore #8 and when he signed with Toronto #8 was already taken. Of course he chose to add a one to the front and take #18 but maybe some people chose to get the jump and produced some Parker #9 jerseys before the Raptors press conference that officially welcomed Anthony Parker? Who knows and really it doesn't matter because neither Parker is in Toronto...

Post Thanks / Like

well, apollo, i care because quite frankly there aint a whole hell of alot else to talk about.

i thought about this and the only rational explanation i can come up with is raptors summer league jerseys and it was on clearance because well itès summer league and because smush parker doesnt play for the raps summer league team no more.

therefore, it was a smush parker summer league jersey. not sure why people bought it maybe they figured it was an ap jersey and it was on clearance. some foreigners who were trying to blend in so they bought a cheap raptors jersey.

caribana=attraction=foreigners= i guess raptor jersey sales from cheap stores that nobody goes to.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, that reasoning seems pretty far fetched as well. But either way they're definitely mistakes.

I guess if I had a choice between Bosh, Hedo and someone named Parker...I'd go with Parker too. Though I'd love to find a Garbajosa jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Smush. Forgot about Smush. No worries about ever seeing him at a Raptors game again unless he's in the stands watching.

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Ha, that reasoning seems pretty far fetched as well. But either way they're definitely mistakes.

I guess if I had a choice between Bosh, Hedo and someone named Parker...I'd go with Parker too. Though I'd love to find a Garbajosa jersey.
    If I were in the positions where I could only afford one of those I would choose not to get a Raptors jersey.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 4th, 2010 at 06:20 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the jerseys were the results of an "almost" deal for Tony Parker (the jerseys are probably the last thing they worry about) but rather, misprinted Anthony Parker jerseys. I've seen racks of them on clearance at National Sports, Today's Sportswear and SportChek

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorFanatic01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

they are all over ebay
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you brought back a 3 year old thread just to say that...

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

San Antonio was willing to give up anything for JV though. So at one point if BC lost his nerve it probably could of happened JV is that legit and Pop loves having excellent bigs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/6/2...-antonio-spurs

Old news is old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information