Pistons A Likely Trading Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Actually, Marko Jaric's expiring contract and another player would be enough to make it possible. My whole deal with them is who would the Raptors want from that lot? What the Grizz would be offering doesn't fit the Raptors.
    is jaric a still under contract in memphis because he was playing soccer for real madrid.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

any trade were we get prince is a really good trade for us
      ya dun noe

Comment

Prince would be about the only person we could possibly need from Detroit. We need a starting SF and he fills that role nicely. Plus he's an expiring. But I'm not sure Detroit would deal (only) him out and absorb another PG (Jose) as they have a glut at that position (combo guards). Jose, Banks, Evans and the TPE are just about the only trading chips we have atm, and none of them really needed by Detroit imo.

I don't mind waiting up until the trade deadline for the hope of better deals, unless of course a really really good one is available this summer or early in the season. But somehow I doubt it.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          is jaric a still under contract in memphis because he was playing soccer for real madrid.
          His contract is still on the books as per Hoopshype.com. He's the classic example of what can happen when you pay for "potential".

Comment

Actually, Marko Jaric's expiring contract and another player would be enough to make it possible. My whole deal with them is who would the Raptors want from that lot? What the Grizz would be offering doesn't fit the Raptors.
            Looking at the Grizzlies roster, there are quite a few names I'd be interested in. Sam Young, Hasheem Thabeet, Darrell Arthur, and Tony Allen. I'd prefer Sam Young out of that bunch, but chances are we'd end up giving them another player for any of those+Jaric. That's quite a valuable chip they have.
            Joshua Priemski
            NBA blogger
            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
            www.RufusOnFire.com/
            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Jason Maxiell

I'd take Rip + Maxiell for Jose + Fodder

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I'd love the expiring contract, but I don't know if Dumars would do it. I can definitely see Rip and his contract being offered for Calderon
                are you out of your mind ? RIP for a backup pg who cant play d who just happens to have $30 million and 3 years left on his contract ?

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
                  Teams that may need a PG like Calderon:
                  Keep in mind that any team most likely would have to absorb more salary than
                  what they'll give up to get Calderon.

1-Charlotte: You all know what happened with the failed trade and after that they went out and got Shaun Livingston. So, no deal there.

2-Indiana : has TJ Ford and no one wants him. They'll have AJ Price and rookie Stephenson to start the season. It makes no sense to get Calderon and have a 4th PG on their roster.

3-Detroit: has a backlog of SG/PG, Gordon, Hamilton, Bynum and Stuckey. They need to get rid of Hamilton first, for obvious reasons, before they could get Calderon.

4-Memphis: They would like to upgrade the PG position, but they do not have enough salaries to match Calderon's; They'd have to give up like 3 players including of course Mike Conley.

5-Philadelphia: has Nocioni available, after August 15, and by the way he just sprained his ankle and wont play for Argentina in the upcoming world championships, potential deal breaker there; Philadelphia could use Calderon as a backup for Holiday; Problem is they 'll have to absorb that Calderon 3rd year in the rest of his deal for 10.6 millions. and that's a tough one.

And that is it, no other team would make sense; so, Calderon is most likely to start the season with the Raptors which is OK for the most part. Maybe by mid-season or by next summer something opens up and Calderon can finally get out of town.
                  thank you !! great post.

Comment

id take nocioni
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A Hamilton for Calderon deal would make me pull out my hair, and would be the perfect example of a "quick-fix" deal that I'm worried Colangelo is going to try and pull off.

Not only would we end up paying out $10 million more over the next three years for Rip, but he would significantly carve into the minutes of Derozan and Weems - and isn't what this season was supposed to be all about? Plus I have some serious doubts on what kind of impact Hamilton would have on a below average team - he's the type of player whose value increases with the more talent that he's surrounded with. Plus he's on the downslope of his career, plain and simple.

Prince on the other hand would be a great deal, although I don't think we'd get him for strictly Calderon. Prince will be in high demand as the season goes on because a) his deal is expiring and b) his game will make him a great fit on a contender. I don't think Dumars would move his most valuable asset for another long term contract, considering the flack he received this year for the Ben Gordon & Charlie V deals.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                        are you out of your mind ? RIP for a backup pg who cant play d who just happens to have $30 million and 3 years left on his contract ?
                        Be easy. Did you read the thread or did you just see my comment and decided to post? Do you really think Dumars would rather give up an expiring for Calderon or someone who has a longer term contract? Between the two, I'd say that he'd give up the player with the longer contract. And with that being said, obviously, it wouldn't be Calderon for Rip straight up.

Comment

I think Dumars would first try to dump Charlie V or Ben Gordon off on the Raptors. I know they wouldn't take Charlie back but Ben Gordon? Watch out now... That's eerily possible given Colangelo's track record with overpriced defensive liabilities.

Comment

i think prince would be more of a short term fix because he's already 30 and starting to get injury-prone. he only played 49 games last year. if the raps are going to stick with their run and gun style, might as well get a young athletic wing who can grow with the young gunz. id rather not trade with the pistons coz theyre basically old and with bloated contracts.

if there are really no takers for Jose, id rather stick with him rather than make a trade just for the sake of it.

Comment

I think Dumars would first try to dump Charlie V or Ben Gordon off on the Raptors. I know they wouldn't take Charlie back but Ben Gordon? Watch out now... That's eerily possible given Colangelo's track record with overpriced defensive liabilities.
                              i know everybody will hate me for saying this but id welcome ben gordon. he bode well with the young bulls team in 2008-2009. he's actually not bad as you think, he's a 40% FG/33% 3PTFG/1 STL player. its just the contract thats really bad. he can open up the floor for demar and weems.

Comment

The Raptors already have Barbosa as a small combo guard. They don't need another. I like Gordon's 4th Q theatrics but he isn't worth what he's making to the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X