View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 356 of 528 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Typically he doesn't enter the pre-season coming off an injury which caused him to be inactive for two months.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Typically he doesn't enter the pre-season coming off an injury which caused him to be inactive for two months.
    Inactive? He was in the pool (kidding)
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Inactive? He was in the pool (kidding)
    Here is one of his sessions:

Not a lot of basketball going on in the water.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    so we hate him again? like a bunch of 15 year olds in a relationship.
    No, at least not me. I was happy for him during that stretch (and pretty impressed) but remained pretty skeptical that he could keep it up.

Seriously, w/o hate or anything, even factoring in rust, his play on the court is extremely worrying. He looks like old Bargnani, and that's probably (based on 5 years of prior evidence) how he's going to stay. I don't want to wait until next season, either, for what should be obvious reasons. He's still got a lot to prove in my eyes.

But I'm worried mostly because I can't even fathom BC moving him.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, there's no way BC considers moving him. The calf injury is a built-in excuse to keep "evaluating" Bargnani next season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey can only do so much, it's up to Bargnani to find his way and work to be back at the level he was when he played those 13 games..

He is out of shape right now due to the injury, and being away for almost 2 months, it's like starting a new season for him WITHOUT training camp, so I'm not too worried, except for the fact his defense has been abysmal, BUT he does to other things when his offense isn't going right. I.e vs. Chicago season high 6 assists...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Here is one of his sessions:

Dude uses too much hair gel.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Willing To Trade Bargs?

I don't know if he's ever going to become that consistent 20pt and orb guy in this league, feel like he always needs to be a secondary scorer. So would anyone trade him if they could?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it includes a draft pick to secure Anthony Davis than sure.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant 20 pt and 7 rb** and ye i'll +1 that

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

idk if we get anthony davis then maybe

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, here we go again. The guy is still returning from an injury that sidelined him two months and because he doesn't hit the ground running during a lost season he needs to be traded.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, here we go again. The guy is still returning from an injury that sidelined him two months and because he doesn't hit the ground running during a lost season he needs to be traded.
    Or, you know, you look at the past 6 years and understand the first part of this year was yet another stretch of Bargnani at his best (one of his stretches of 20 or so good games where you think he has it figured out) followed by his normal status: mediocrity. That's why the love/hate relationship. As I've said elsewhere, I'm completely ambivalent about Bargs but you aren't going to win if he's a focal point of your roster. What's really funny is that people still haven't figured this out after 6 seasons.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In a hamster wheel

Yea, this does feel like being in the hamster wheel yet again. Didn't Bargs apparently get "calls" before the trade deadline. No way in hell Bargs goes anywhere. He has no jump in his legs at all no lift. He should simply strive to get better. Where's he going anyway and for who?

At this point, I'm more concerned about Demar's game and his inability to pass out of a double team, his inconsistent jumpshot and his lack of basic dribbling skills. He doesn't even have a quick release so that he could adapt to being a spot shooter. Demar is a concern, not Bargs IMO.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Yea, this does feel like being in the hamster wheel yet again. Didn't Bargs apparently get "calls" before the trade deadline. No way in hell Bargs goes anywhere. He has no jump in his legs at all no lift. He should simply strive to get better. Where's he going anyway and for who?

At this point, I'm more concerned about Demar's game and his inability to pass out of a double team, his inconsistent jumpshot and his lack of basic dribbling skills. He doesn't even have a quick release so that he could adapt to being a spot shooter. Demar is a concern, not Bargs IMO.
    Why the hell would you want demar to be a spot up shooter when one of his strengths is getting to the free throw line? And his passing out of double teams will come with experience obviously. He's not even that bad at it so I don't know what you're complaining about. He doesn't have yo yo handles but they are obviosuly good enough for him to attack the basket with. Way to exagerate.
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Thu Mar 22nd, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Or, you know, you look at the past 6 years and understand the first part of this year was yet another stretch of Bargnani at his best (one of his stretches of 20 or so good games where you think he has it figured out) followed by his normal status: mediocrity. That's why the love/hate relationship. As I've said elsewhere, I'm completely ambivalent about Bargs but you aren't going to win if he's a focal point of your roster. What's really funny is that people still haven't figured this out after 6 seasons.
    +1

His numbers are now pretty much inline with what they were last year. I'm not seeing the same effort and aggression. Even with the psychological factor of it, it was a freaking calf sprain that you've had two months to recover from it. Z-Bo came back from a far more serious injury, is older than Bargnani, and must have considerably worse conditioning. But he's been not atrocious since he's came back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Don't worry, Barnes will save us. There's no serious problems with trotting out a DD-Barnes wing combo in the starting lineup.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    +1

His numbers are now pretty much inline with what they were last year. I'm not seeing the same effort and aggression. Even with the psychological factor of it, it was a freaking calf sprain that you've had two months to recover from it. Z-Bo came back from a far more serious injury, is older than Bargnani, and must have considerably worse conditioning. But he's been not atrocious since he's came back.
    Not to mention Brook Lopez came back from being out for 2 months and dropped 38 and 28 points back to back....before getting injured again lol

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, the Bargnani excuse is built-in. It doesn't matter what other "star" players are doing, Bargnani has his own set of rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    Not to mention Brook Lopez came back from being out for 2 months and dropped 38 and 28 points back to back....before getting injured again lol
    Don't forget he was being force fed to inflate his trade value in the Dw-ama - but I know what you mean.

Thread Information