View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 365 of 528 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And focus on what is not said.

Remember last year with JV? The Raptors organization said almost nothing about him until his name was called by David Stern.
    I wonder how much of this had to do with Colangelo et al. not expecting Jonas to be available at 5.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I wonder how much of this had to do with Colangelo et al. not expecting Jonas to be available at 5.
    Not sure. Good point.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else notice this about Bargnani ? When he gets the ball -- top of the key/elbow area, he either:

1) spots up in your face (low percentage shot)
    2) straight line drive for a dunk or reverse lay up
    3) 2 pump fakes, then spots up

I think moving forward, he should develop some other moves either from the triple threat position or putting it on the floor. I just don't see enough creativity, although he does catch opponents by surprise. My concern is, if he does not develop his moves, he can be predictable & opponents can easily take away those 3 moves once they have proper scouting. I found myself guessing his next move watching him this season & half the time, I guessed it correctly.

Having said that, in my opinion, Bargnani is a good talent offensively. Not sure if he is franchise type unless he further develops his offensive arsenal. By that I mean, to the point where he can ultimately get off a shot off a series of moves (when shot clock is running out). I noticed during these situations, he tends to go with the shot in your face which for the most part, opponents challenged very well. (ie: Denver game - he did make them though)
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    ...I think moving forward, he should develop some other moves either from the triple threat position or putting it on the floor. I just don't see enough creativity, although he does catch opponents by surprise. My concern is, if he does not develop his moves, he can be predictable & opponents can easily take away those 3 moves once they have proper scouting....
    Most good players add something to their game every year for most of their career. With Bargs, it will be easy. He just has to go for three pump fakes now, and his defender will jump into the air to get caught in a manufactured foul. :-)

He could also surprise people by playing better defence. That will make them cough up the ball and will leave them standing still in shock with their mouths open while he fast breaks to the other