View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 368 of 527 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Jackson, Richard Jefferson, Andrea Bargnani

These 3 players make the same amount. You'd have to be crazy not to admit Bargnani has the most value out of the 3.

.... and further along the list were the names of Brendan Haywood and Charlie V ?? C'mon man.

.... and slightly above the list was Deandre Jordan; who can't make a midrange jumper to save his life.

Andrea has very good value associated with his salary.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I acknowledge the incredibly weak source, but it's been a slow week, and we need something new to discuss.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981352310

Keep in mind that Boozer is set to earn $15 million next season, while Bargnani will be earning $10 million. So a straight-up trade may not work.

Regardless of salary, would you make this trade?
    The question is, are the Bulls trying to get rid of Boozer, or targeting to acquire Bargnani?

If a team like the Bulls is interested in Bargnani, i'd be more inclined to keep him.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that they originally targeted Boozer at all should make you question Chicago's decision-making
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The fact that they originally targeted Boozer at all should make you question Chicago's decision-making
    Boozer was 20/12 and a ridiculous 57%FG his last season with Utah. He just declined.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Boozer was 20/12 and a ridiculous 57%FG his last season with Utah. He just declined.
    Yeah but any armchair quarterback could have predicted that decline. I'm pretty sure I wrote a post about it at the time...just can't seem to find it. Maybe it was erased by mistake. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Plus Boozer was plagued by injuries the whole time he was in Utah. 20/12 looks great on paper, but when he's sitting on the sidelines, he's contributing 0/0.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani serving pizza

Fitting?

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea bargnani gots game,I hope they dont trade this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani fully recovered from leg injury

Andrea Bargnani is rested and finally healthy, still bitterly disappointed with how the last Raptor season unfolded and under no illusions about what awaits him this summer.

“Work,” the 7-foot forward said. “Lots of work. Getting better.”

Bargnani remains confounded by a season that could have been his best but instead turned into his worst. He was like a re-born big man at times, aggressive on defence and as effective as usual on offence before losing more than half of the abbreviated season to a series of left calf injuries.

He has been doing rehab and training, getting back to normal in Toronto, since the season ended (“I’ve been around the city, I have a few friends here, I really enjoy Toronto,” he said) and he’s back to 100 per cent.

“No more treatment to do,” he said. “It’s good to be 100 per cent again so I can start to work this summer.”

The enthusiasm in Bargnani’s voice is palpable in a short telephone conversation. He talks about almost constant contact with Raptors director sports science Alex McKechnie to keep his training regimen going and a constant dialogue with head coach Dwane Casey.

There is disappointment when Bargnani talks about last season; it dissipates quickly when the conversation switches to next year.

“The feelings for last year are the same but I am really positive about next season, I wish we could start tomorrow,” he said.

If he can fit it into his schedule — and there are a few tugs on his time back in his homeland — the Italian hopes to at least make an appearance at a mini-camp the Raptors will hold for free agents in Las Vegas before the team’s July appearance at the summer league.

Bargnani, if he goes, will join a host of Raptors veterans who will get some individual workouts in with members of the team’s coaching and training staffs, a key component to an off-season program the franchise was robbed of a year ago thanks to the prolonged NBA lockout.

It will be a good leg up on next fall’s training camp, the first time Casey will have a full month before the season to work with the team.

It remains to be seen, of course, who might be on that team. Toronto will get an idea of its draft prospects after Wednesday’s lottery, general manager Bryan Colangelo could be active in July’s free agent market and trade talks are sure to heat up.

Bargnani isn’t about to suggest what kind of specific improvements he wants to see.

“I’m just glad that’s not my job,” he said. “I don’t think about it; everybody has to trust and have confidence in Bryan.”

And Colangelo can work some magic this summer like he did on his first year on the job — when he added nine new faces and saw the team’s win total leap from 27 one year to 47 the next — Bargnani can spend next spring doing something more than working out and hanging with friends.

“I watch the playoffs, it’s been a long time and I’m always reminded of what it was like,” he said. “I’m reminded every day of what a great feeling that is and I want it again.”
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rom-leg-injury

Post Thanks / Like

I read that article this morning, I like the fact that he has been in Toronto since the season ended. I sure hope he plays 82 games next year.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like he is coming out of his shell. Took awhile possibly b/c of language...lets hope his performance on court follows the same trajectory.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with ESPN Insider can offer more details but the headline at ESPN says:

Bargnani won't play for Italy.
    He's going to sit out the Eurobasket qualification tournament.
    This makes my day. Hopefully he works all summer with Alex McKechnie.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is making the all star game next year and the raptors are making the playoffs, book that shit!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea Bargnani missed a good portion of the 2011-12 regular season due to three calf injuries and he won't play in any competitive games during the summer.

The Italian national team will play against Belarus, Czech Republic, Portugal and Turkey in a Eurobasket qualification tournament and Bargnani, along with Marco Belinelli will skip the event, reports La Stampa via Sportando.

2012-13 is very important for the Raptors and having a healthy Bargnani is a must if they are going to challenge for a playoff spot.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/featu...20120604#25449

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that.

I'm glad Bargnani has his priorities in line with my own - lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This just in. No Bargnani for Italian team.

Adriana Galimberti: Andrea Bargnani has announced he will NOT play for the Italian national team this summer. Twitter

VIA:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Is his calf injury that he's supposedly fully recovered from worse than originally thought? Or is he that dedicated to taking the next step that he would bail on the motherland?

Hopefully Calderon's taking notes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I take this to be a very positive thing. He should focus on preparing his body to the utmost of
    his ability. He should pick a few skills to focus on for the summer and come back and show us
    those 13 games weren't a flash in the pan.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this announcement, I lets look for a great offseason of working on his body and his game. 2012/13 could be the year the Raptors surprise the league.............

Or not.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news that he is taking the summer off. Let's hope he works with Casey and the Raptors staff instead and comes out ready to go next year.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

I like this news too. Bargnani's been very patriotic since joining the Raptors, so this couldn't have been an easy decision for him.

Aside from the obvious physical benefits associated with skipping the Olympics, I'm encouraged about Bargnani's state of mind (i.e. being 100% committed to the Raptors).

Thread Information