View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 395 of 527 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 495 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Is it possible for the Raptors to eat part of that contract to make it a more attractive trade for another team? Like maybe pay 3-4 million per year?
    Not really under the new cba, certainly not every year and out of the top of my head only 3 mill max can be uncluded in deals in total (in a year).

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Not really under the new cba, certainly not every year and out of the top of my head only 3 mill max can be uncluded in deals in total (in a year).
    Damn! Makes him tough to move unless you are taking back real shite. What Matt said - bad contracts and picks. Keep the core and draft some more.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting comments recently from Indy's Paul George about how past Pacers teams all "had an ego to them" but how this one is "putting the team first." Hard to imagine that the Pacers could find a trade taker for Danny Granger in the next 24 days before the deadline, given that Granger (knee) has missed the entire season so far, but it seems safe to suggest the end of the Granger era in Indy is drawing closer and closer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-reserve-picks
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cev29oy
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I've been suggesting. Both players have out stayed there welcome on their teams. They both need new scenery. The question is which GM is more desperate to get rid of their former franchise player?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargiani goes against everything that Indiana is: defensive minded, grind-it-out type of play. I see them being more interested in Calderon though

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on Andrea shooting in practice?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    one small step for Andrea and one giant step for raptor fans towards his farewell
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta advertise your product for sale

Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really, I just sighed. Hopefully Casey makes a case to Brian to keep starting Ed, or even to put Amir at the 4 when JV is back. But I know that if he's healthy before he's dealt, we'll have to see him chucking bricks in some major minutes...

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has instructed his front office to be aggressive at the trade deadline.

"We’re very active – our owner wants us to be active,’’ team president Bob Higgins told the Observer in regard to the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

Specifically, Bonnell wrote that trades "could range from pursuing a star player, to adding a complementary big man, to facilitating some deal between other teams to acquire a future draft pick."

The Bobs are desperate for a big man, so they may take aim at some potential targets who may well be available like DeMarcus Cousins, Al Jefferson or Andrea Bargnani. The trouble is they don't have much in the way of assets beyond what is sure to be another high draft pick in this year's draft. Perhaps that would be enough to pry Bargnani away from the Toronto Raptors, though:

Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought about the possibility of Barg to Charlotte. Seems possible

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing why Charlotte would want Bargnani. They have their own Bargnani in Mullens, who actually rebounds, and he is certainly going to come cheaper than $10-11M per year.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

I found the source of the ESPN Insider article above. This is a part of it which is along the lines of why I don't see Charlotte interested in Bargnani:

Higgins said that by the end of this week he and/or Cho will have spoken with every other NBA front office to gauge interest in making a deal. The Bobcats clearly need frontcourt help, as demonstrated by the 29-rebound deficit – a franchise-worst – they suffered last week in a home loss to the Indiana Pacers.

The Bobcats’ top rebounder this season, power forward Byron Mullens, is out with an ankle sprain. The team used the seventh pick in 2011 on center Bismack Biyombo, who has started 21 of the team’s first 38 games this season.

The Bobcats knew they were drafting a project in Biyombo, whose offensive skills are still quite limited. Still, they expect to see progress from a player drafted so high.

“Biz has to get better. But he’s only 20 years old,’’ said Cho, who was key to scouting and drafting Biyombo.

“We need more help rebounding. For now that has to be by committee. That’s something we’re going to address, whether through the trade deadline or through the draft.’’

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    Bargnani does nothing to help their rebounding woes.

Maybe if the Raptors took on Tyrus Thomas but I'd be looking for multiple draft picks in doing that.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I found the source of the ESPN Insider article above. This is a part of it which is along the lines of why I don't see Charlotte interested in Bargnani:

Bargnani does nothing to help their rebounding woes.

Maybe if the Raptors took on Tyrus Thomas but I'd be looking for multiple draft picks in doing that.
    Yeah I guess barg to Charlotte is very unlikely if they need rebounders. I figured they needed scoring

Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anbesxl

This could happen. This should happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny (Seattle)

Will Andrea Bargnani be traded by the Raptors before the deadline. When he comes back from his injury, will it give both parties enough time to showcase his potential talents?
    Chad Ford**(1:15 PM)

If there is a decent offer for Bargnani, I expect the Raptors will take it. They won't give him away, but with how well Ed Davis is playing, he's finally expendable. The issue right now is that I haven't spoken to a GM who is excited about trading anyone on their roster for Bargnani. That's a problem.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46844

no no no no no no
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember all the Bargnani "offers" Colangelo talked about last year? I wonder if any of them involved....you know....NBA players.

Reminds me of the time Kramer offered to trade screen legend, Anthony Quinn's undershirt for Jerry's van.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Ford did say "...a GM who is excited...". BC doesn't necessarily need to find a GM who's excited at the prospect of trading for Bargnani, merely one who's desperate enough to forego the need for excitement!
    ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Ford did say "...a GM who is excited...". BC doesn't necessarily need to find a GM who's excited at the prospect of trading for Bargnani, merely one who's desperate enough to forego the need for excitement!
    ;-)
    ha

yes the other silver lining I was trying to delude myself into was draft picks aren't on rosters either.... maybe we can get a few in return.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

ha

yes the other silver lining I was trying to delude myself into was draft picks aren't on rosters either.... maybe we can get a few in return.
    I'm assuming the GMs were also referring to players they viewed as core roster pieces moving forward, as opposed to fringe players (due to either skill and/or contract). Another potential silver lining, as long as draft picks are included in the return package, I suppose.

Thread Information