View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 396 of 526 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave McMenamin: Chris Wallace on trade rumors: "What you really don't want is to not hear your name. That means no one wants you & your value has plummeted" Twitter @mcten
    anyone else scared of the lack of smoke around bargs other than he is available.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    anyone else scared of the lack of smoke around bargs other than he is available.
    On one hand I understand that desire & need to trade him ASAP, since the team has shown much better grit & toughness in his absence. On the other hand, it might be in the team's long-term best interest to give him the 2nd half to regain his game shape and confidence, to raise his value heading into the offseason. It's not like this team is poised for a playoff run anyway, so I'm not concerned about him hurting the team in any real way during the 2nd half of the season. If he is destined to be traded (which I've resigned myself to as a long suffering Bargnani supporter), I'd rather not force the issue and would instead prefer to wait for as decent an offer as possible (ie: that doesn't mean keeping him for the next few seasons because there was no 'good' trade offer available). That could very well present itself before the trade deadline, but I wouldn't just dump him for the sake of dumping him, as I know full well some people would.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is worth less than fifty cents on the dollar. Everyone knows his limitations and I'm sure most are scared to death about him. I can see Bryan holding out until the summer and then either amenstying him or looking for deals then. He pretty much did the same thing with Jose last year... Jose of course was the better player but he held on to him because he didn't get a good enough offer. Bryan would have amnestied Jose if Nash signed with them.

Bargnani is not Vince Carter. Carter held the franchise hostage and lowered his trade value by purposely playing like crap. Bargnani is not a douche.. he's just not a good fit anymore. The Raptors might as well stick with him until the summer instead of trading him for a guy like Tyrus Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    On one hand I understand that desire & need to trade him ASAP, since the team has shown much better grit & toughness in his absence. On the other hand, it might be in the team's long-term best interest to give him the 2nd half to regain his game shape and confidence, to raise his value heading into the offseason. It's not like this team is poised for a playoff run anyway, so I'm not concerned about him hurting the team in any real way during the 2nd half of the season. If he is destined to be traded (which I've resigned myself to as a long suffering Bargnani supporter), I'd rather not force the issue and would instead prefer to wait for as decent an offer as possible (ie: that doesn't mean keeping him for the next few seasons because there was no 'good' trade offer available). That could very well present itself before the trade deadline, but I wouldn't just dump him for the sake of dumping him, as I know full well some people would.
    the issue boils down to something Kenny Rogers put best:

"know when to hold them know when to fold them know when to walk away know when to run"

it is time to fold and run

do you get .40 on the dollar now or hope for .60 later while risking taking .20 instead?

maybe now is not the time to deal bargnani but there is never going to be a time in reality. even your reply implies a value that is simply not there. the hope a better deal surfaces is equally countered with the previous hundreds of games of his career are only reinforced.

time to cut the chord and save the amnesty for kleiza.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

... time to cut the chord and save the amnesty for kleiza.

+1

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to see how the team plays when both Dre and JV are back. Regardless of everyone's views on him, he's an upgrade over both Acy and Gray. Ed and Amir are playing great but they need some help. Sooner he's back the better as the deadline isn't too far away.

Post Thanks / Like

5) Can the Raptors move Andrea Bargnani?

The Toronto Raptors have fallen well short of expectations this season, but they have been a much better team with Andrea Bargnani out of the lineup than they were before he suffered an elbow injury that has him currently out of action. When he got hurt the Raptors had lost 10 of their last 11 games, and when he went down they went on a tear, winning eight of nine games. They are 11-9 without Bargnani, after going 4-18 with him in the lineup early on. It’s clear that what the Raptors need is a little addition by subtraction, but the fact remains that there aren’t too many teams who are excited about adding Bargnani to the mix. Toronto would love to have Pau Gasol or Wilson Chandler, in particular, but it is highly unlikely that Bargnani helps land either player.

The NBA trade deadline is February 21.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-fiv...8RFM8WThA35.99
    Not again!

No.

Why?

Why? Why? Why?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are we trying to bring Pau Gasol and Wilson Chandler in? We need to feed DD, AA, JV, TRoss, Amir and ED minutes the rest of this year and see how it goes; I understand management probably has to win this season to keep their jobs, but for what? Maybe an 8th seed, but most likely a 10th seed out of the playoffs. It's not worth it. We have too many rotation and above replacement-level players, but no superstars, or players to count on in crunch time/the fourth quarter. Most teams win games in the fourth quarter; we lose games in the fourth quarter. We need picks and young players, which have guaranteed contracts, which in turn gives us cap flexibility to sign quality free agents. I believe there is a good market for NBA players wanting to come to Toronto based off the city, but I also believe a lot of them hold back their interest due to the management in Toronto.

Nonetheless, Il Mago needs to go, despite his poor trade value at the moment. There's simply no room for him/role for him on this team.

Raptors Republic Rookie japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotoworld.com:

Dwane Casey guessed that Andrea Bargnani (elbow) should be back before Jonas Valanciunas (finger).
    Casey is hoping that both players will be back within 10 days. Bargnani and Valanciunas are going to have to earn their minutes with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson playing solid ball over the past month.

Nice to hear that both of them are getting helthy
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    Rotoworld.com:

Dwane Casey guessed that Andrea Bargnani (elbow) should be back before Jonas Valanciunas (finger).
    Casey is hoping that both players will be back within 10 days. Bargnani and Valanciunas are going to have to earn their minutes with Ed Davis and Amir Johnson playing solid ball over the past month.

Nice to hear that both of them are getting helthy
    Nice to hear that Andrea is that much closer to being traded

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Nice to hear that Andrea is that much closer to being traded
    ***.... you guys can't even wait till he's healthy. Andrea has really great talent but what he lacks is heart and thats the only difference between him and ED and AJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    ***.... you guys can't even wait till he's healthy. Andrea has really great talent but what he lacks is heart and thats the only difference between him and ED and AJ.
    We're all aware of his talent. But they just have to move on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    That is a pretty important but.

If he had heart, ED and AJ wouldn't even be able to tie up his sneakers. His talent truly is a waste.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If andrea lived up to his porential we would of had a championship chasing team, cause believe it or not Bargnani as a specimen is one in a million and should have been dominant a guy.

If Batgnani had the drive to be a good player a real Alpha Dog type of guy with the mentality of "this is my tea We aren;t going to lose im going to shoot and we are going to win as long as im healthy" the sky would have truly been the limit Bargnani is talent wasted personified.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If andrea lived up to his porential we would of had a championship chasing team, cause believe it or not Bargnani as a specimen is one in a million and should have been dominant a guy.

If Batgnani had the drive to be a good player a real Alpha Dog type of guy with the mentality of "this is my tea We aren;t going to lose im going to shoot and we are going to win as long as im healthy" the sky would have truly been the limit Bargnani is talent wasted personified.
    +1 i agree. But sadly he just doesn't have that drive.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

I think the "talent" everyone refers to is simply him being tall. Is he faster, stronger, more agile than most players? Does he have incredible footwork in the post? Is he a high-flyer? Does he have superior timing when challenging shots? Is he a light-out marksman? Does he live at the FT line?

He's just a inefficient shooting guard who happens to be 7 feet tall.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a 7 footer with an outside game (and when he plays with heart, an inside game). That's fairly valuable, but he can't help the Raps in any capacity anymore. Just his being on our roster creates a negative aura around the team with him continuously floundering his potential. His potential being a dominant shooter who can drive, rebound, pass and have above-average one-on-one defense. The problem is for years only pieces have been there, but not the whole pie. The pie is currently well past rotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

DeRozan still has lots of time to prove us wrong and co-exist with Gay, but Bargnani's days numbered

**erection**
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

**erection**
    +1. Post of the night

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see how we can get rid of bargnani now. No team would want him. How many games has he played so far?

We don't have the talent to trade for Millsap or Aldridge. We must have picked them over bargnooni and tucker on that fatal draft night.

Thread Information