View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 9 of 528 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the players stats for the games? Ive been optimistic about Bargs for next season but after watching these videos i have lost all hope. I wish i never saw this. it was brutal andrea should not be spending his summer in europe playing euro style basketball. He should be practicing the type of basketball he will be playing for the next 7 months. He looks slow, weak, has a horrible vert, and to make things worse hes playing against a horrible defense. I dont even want to start on Belli.... anyone who thinks hes the next kobe is just stupid. this was some sloppy basketball. IMO it looked like a bunch of large highschool students. On the plus side maybe next season gives andrea dencent stats and we can get rid of him for something decent. Like i said earlier, i was a fan of andrea until this (so dont think im just a hater)im sorry ... get him out.
    Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Jul 20th, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    cool pic. watch out, tim w might steal this for his avatar!

Raptors Republic Rookie jake&elwood's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know the players stats for the games? Ive been optimistic about Bargs for next season but after watching these videos i have lost all hope. I wish i never saw this. it was brutal andrea should not be spending his summer in europe playing euro style basketball. He should be practicing the type of basketball he will be playing for the next 7 months. He looks slow, weak, has a horrible vert, and to make things worse hes playing against a horrible defense. I dont even want to start on Belli.... anyone who thinks hes the next kobe is just stupid. this was some sloppy basketball. IMO it looked like a bunch of large highschool students. On the plus side maybe next season gives andrea dencent stats and we can get rid of him for something decent. Like i said earlier, i was a fan of andrea until this (so dont think im just a hater)im sorry ... get him out.
    guys, these are just friendly matches played in July, players are out of shape and they have been playing together for a just couple of weeks, so obviously these are UGLY games and are only useful to try to regain some confidence withe the court...

it would be worrying to see Andrea and Marco ready right now, because that would mean that in january/february the would be already dead tired... but obviously they are going to get more workout from here to august, and then they will be ready for the training camp

maybe it will make you just a little happier to know that the new italian national team coach is well known to be very focused on the D, in particular on team defense, so be assured that they will work a lot on that aspect, and the conditioning coach of the NT is Cuzzolin, so he is certainly in contact with the Raps management

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    cool pic. watch out, tim w might steal this for his avatar!

Clear evidence that Multipaul is more fixated with Bargnani that I am with any NBA player.

Do you have this photo above the headboard of your bed?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Clear evidence that Multipaul is more fixated with Bargnani that I am with any NBA player.

Do you have this photo above the headboard of your bed?
    No, I have your photo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani's Passing Will Help Young Gunners

One thing that was evident to everyone during last year's campaign was that Bargs is a great passer, and was willing to feed other guys selflessly (more so than Ru Paul).

With Bargs as our semi-focal point on offense, I think you will see him make the "right" decision more often than not and make the extra pass to facilitate the better offensive option.

This should help DeRo, Money, Amir, even JJ, as well as Big Ed.
    Last edited by Multipaul; Wed Jul 21st, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The challenge for Bargs will be to deal with the double teams that will increase next season. Still, if this is offense by committee it will be a little harder to identify who to key on, but he will be the prime target. If he can pass out of the double the more power to everyone.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This I agree with to an extent as I think Bargnani is a good (not great) passer however a player that takes as many shots as him should average more than 1.1 assists for his career.

The chance he will have to increase that is if he is able to recognize double teams and find the open man.

So far he has shown that if or when the double comes he doesn't see it at all, but if he manages to develop this, his passing ability could be effective.

I guess we shall see.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To those who say this is just a friendly, what you see is what you get. This is a team that did not make Eurobasket last year, despite being the favourite in the qualifying tournament. I see zero to get excited about from both of these players. Maybe Ed Davis will play more minutes at the four than Bargnani.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

He is probably the 2nd best passer on the team now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    One thing that was evident to everyone during last year's campaign was that Bargs is a great passer, and was willing to feed other guys selflessly (more so than Ru Paul). With Bargs as our semi-focal point on offense, I think you will see him make the "right" decision more often than not and make the extra pass to facilitate the better offensive option.
    That does not appear to be a correct statement. Bargnani's AST% was ranked 96th of out 135 (screen was 6'9" or over, played over 400 minutes). Bosh was ranked 26th

See: http://ow.ly/2eICk

On an assist per 36 min basis, he ranked 84th out of 135. See: http://ow.ly/2eILr
    Look at a guy like Andrew Bogut who has double the number. He's a great passer.

[Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.]

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

According to wrath of David Kahn, the top five passing big men in the history of basketball are:

1) Vlade
    2) Darko
    3) Bargs
    4)Yogi Stewart
    5) Mamadou N'Diaye

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Liston wrote: View Post
    That does not appear to be a correct statement. Bargnani's AST% was ranked 96th of out 135 (screen was 6'9" or over, played over 400 minutes). Bosh was ranked 26th

On an assist per 36 min basis, he ranked 84th out of 135. See: http://ow.ly/2eILr

[Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.]
    Stats and actual facts apparently don't mean much to some.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't use last season as a metric in determining how good Bargs will be this upcoming season. Bargnani wasn't the one passing out of double teams, Bosh was. Bargnani's role in the offense was also very different compared to what we believe his role will be this season. With that being said, you can't simply annoint Bargs as the "second best passer" on the team.

We'll have to take a wait and see approach, but from what I've seen in terms of his court vision, Bargs should end up being a better distributor than Bosh. This is, of course, an opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Liston wrote: View Post

I disagree with those stats.

#1 you should have used a weighted average.

#2 you have to do a regression analysis factoring in total # of touches during the game

Obviously CB got more touches, hence more "opportunities" to assist. At 37 career MPG and 2.2 AST per game, that is weak, considering he was first option on almost every offensive possession.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    You can't use last season as a metric in determining how good Bargs will be this upcoming season. Bargnani wasn't the one passing out of double teams, Bosh was. Bargnani's role in the offense was also very different compared to what we believe his role will be this season. With that being said, you can't simply annoint Bargs as the "second best passer" on the team.

We'll have to take a wait and see approach, but from what I've seen in terms of his court vision, Bargs should end up being a better distributor than Bosh. This is, of course, an opinion.
    OK, outside of JJ, who is a better passer? If we keep Jose, than ya, Bargs is 3rd best.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sillydebate wrote: View Post
    The challenge for Bargs will be to deal with the double teams that will increase next season. Still, if this is offense by committee it will be a little harder to identify who to key on, but he will be the prime target. If he can pass out of the double the more power to everyone.
    I highly doubt any team will double Bargs, there's no need to.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt any team will double Bargs, there's no need to.
    As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter if he gets doubled one of the doublers will more than likely be a small guard who he can pass over anyway, if it is 2 bigs Amir will have a field day inside.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus...Bargnani looks terrible in those games. Slow, out of shape, no shot, pump fake after weak pump fake...This is the guy who said he's prepared to become a number one option in the NBA??

I've always been a Bargs supporter, but man...reminds me of the Krusty Comeback Special episode of the Simpsons where Krusty's milkshake diet attempt to get back into shape makes him balloon to like 500 pounds.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter if he gets doubled one of the doublers will more than likely be a small guard who he can pass over anyway, if it is 2 bigs Amir will have a field day inside.
    "As Bargs plays mostly on the perimeter"

It would be interesting to see with what plays our "theoretical" coach will come with.
    I would expect that they will try to post him up a bit more this year.
    Once in half-court, they will not have too many options.

Page 9 of 528 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Thread Information