Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blaze89 wrote: View Post
    dont know much about Andersen to be honest but he shouldnt get minutes and time over davis, that would just be rediculous. Andersen seems to be the type who's good in small doses and from what ive seen-admittingly only from summer league-Davis has shown he can at least hold his own.
    if he gains a little size from now until training camp he has the length to play in small spurts at the 5 as well.
    My guess is that Davis will come in for Johnson if Johnson gets in early foul trouble. If he doesn't Anderson will come in for Bargs before Davis comes in for Johnson.

No way can Davis play center. He will have enough trouble trying to guard Power Fowards. He should be able to add some strength between now and November but the amount of strength and weight that he needs to really add will take two to three seasons unless he goes the Roid Route.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Bargnani is 24, he turns 25 in October. Yahoo has him listed at 250lbs. Ditto for ESPN.

Comment

• our so called franchise player is ranked 37th in the league. Wow I hate Colangelo! He Ruined my life!

Comment

• Blocks & steals.

Comment

• Whatever you do... don't let Multipaul read this thread! This will definitely hurt his feelings and have him in an uproar!

I suppose it's a fair ranking though, his stats should improve across the board slightly.

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani Interview At Hoopshype - Speaks On Bosh, New Role & Upcoming Season

How do you feel about Chris Bosh leaving the Raptors? On one hand, it obviously makes the team a little weaker. But on the other, it helps you individually because you are going to have a bigger role. How do you feel about that?

Andrea Bargnani: For sure he leaves a big hole because he’s a very good player. We’re going to miss him because he’s an All-Star. Playing with him makes it easier for everybody, but we gotta play and it’s an opportunity for me and other players to step up and to do something more.

Do you feel the Raptors are your team now?

AB: They’ve always been my team. I was in a nice spot last year too. I was the second option last year. We have to finish the team because the market is not closed yet… And I just hope we make better. We didn’t make the playoffs, so it’s not like we come from a championship. We can only get better.

How do you think the team has done during this offseason?

AB: I think we signed very talented players: Kleiza, Andersen, the two young guys that we drafted… Maybe they are not ready today to go on the court and do something, but they have a great potential to develop and grow. DeMar (DeRozan) got much better, Sonny Weems too in the summer league… We took Barbosa, who likes to play an up-tempo game… We’re a pretty young team, athletic, we can run a lot. Should be a fun basketball to play.

Which position would you like to play this year?

AB: My natural position of course is power forward. But the last four years, I played at the five and I did good. I got better every year. It doesn’t really make a difference, but if you ask me what position I prefer to play, I have to say power forward.

In which areas do you think you will have to step up the most this season?

AB: I gotta continue to get better on the rebounding and the low post.

Is the All-Star Game a goal for you this season? And do you think that would be a realistical goal?

AB: I think the All-Star Game is a goal and a dream for all the players in the world. You practice, you try to get better every year… You can’t do nothing more than that.

What was your reaction when you learned Bosh was going to Miami?

AB: I wasn’t surprised. His contract was finished and the feeling was that he was going to leave. You could feel that he was going to leave for the last couple of months before the end of the season. Everybody had this kind of feeling. So I wasn’t surprised.

Some people believe he gave up on the team late last season. What do you think about that?

AB: Every time he was wearing the jersey on the court, he always played hard. His numbers prove that. He’s a good player. As for personal stuff, I don’t know, I can’t know and personally I don’t want to know. Everybody can think whatever.

How do you feel about your NBA career so far?

AB: I got better every year. You cannot ask more than that. But you always want more, so I’m not satisfied. I mean, I’m satisfied with my career, but I don’t feel like I’ve arrived. I feel like I have to keep working and do much more than what I’ve done.

Do you feel the pressure that comes with being picked No. 1 in the draft?

AB: Not really. I had more pressure when I was in Europe and I didn’t know if I was going to the NBA or I was staying in Europe. One year before the draft, I didn’t even know what the draft was. I think the draft is more pressure for an American player. For me, for European players, it’s just a way of getting to the NBA. It doesn’t mean much being No. 1 or No. 2. I was very happy with being No. 1 because it was an historical thing for an European player. But I was even more happy because I got the chance to go to a city like Toronto.

What would you say to those critics you have that question your toughness or your passion for the game?

AB: Anything a player makes, he’s going to have critics about it. You have to start worrying when nobody criticizes you. With a good player, people will criticize and challenge you. And that’s the best thing because that gives you extra motivation.

Other than the extra motivation, does this affect you in any way?

AB: No, because if somebody tells me I don’t have passion that doesn’t make anything to me because that doesn’t have any sense. Without passion, you don’t arrive in the NBA. The NBA is not a joke. You have to work all your life to get in the NBA. So the stupid criticism without any sense doesn’t make anything to me. But there is some criticism that is real. I mean, if somebody tells me I have to get better on something, maybe I realize that it’s true so I try to get better. So some stuff is good to know.

There was talk last year about a division between American and foreign players in the locker room. Is there any truth to that?

AB: There wasn’t any division, no. We were cool. Of course with European guys you have more things to talk about, right? It’s common sense. But we were cool with everybody and friends with everybody. If I speak with Jose (Calderon), I got more things to speak about because we come from almost the same place and we can talk about the cities we’ve been in Spain or Italy.

What has been wrong with the Italian National Team the past few years? The team has been very successful in the past, but they have been struggling lately.

AB: Playing in Europe is really tough. The other teams are always very good and have a lot of players with a lot of experience in Euroleague and big teams. In Italy, it’s different. The Italian basketball, the championship… It’s not big like in Spain, for example. We are pretty young. We need to grow up and learn how to play together. Europe is not easy.

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sie...e-ive-arrived/
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• End of the third round in a twelve-team league seems a little high to me. Wasn't he going around the 70th pick last season?

Comment

• I'm sure his defence and rebounding numbers would be the same or less he he played Bargnani's minutes. He's just in for a back up center probably because we're sending Alabi to the D-League.

Comment

• Nice post, thanks! Interesting to read Bargs' take on these things.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
                      End of the third round in a twelve-team league seems a little high to me. Wasn't he going around the 70th pick last season?
                      Yeah, he was low 60's in my league if I remember correctly. But it seems fair, All his numbers (except FG%) should rise. 20pts, 8reb, 2.5ast, 1stl, 1.5blk?

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
                        I'm sure his defence and rebounding numbers would be the same or less he he played Bargnani's minutes. He's just in for a back up center probably because we're sending Alabi to the D-League.
                        Why are you sure?

Show me statistically five other bigs whose defensive numbers have dropped when their minutes went up from say 15 to 20 mpg or from 15 to 30+.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani is 24, he turns 25 in October. Yahoo has him listed at 250lbs. Ditto for ESPN.
                          Weight---------------------------------------225-------245 Note: Bargnani clearly weighs more than 225 4sure..
                          NBA.com also has him at 250, but I think that is light. My guess is about 255-260.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrea...ani/index.html
                          Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jul 29, 2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Folks just better hope that Jay/BC doesn't start Andersen at center as so Bargnani can play PF.

Both players are soft jump shooting big men who get pushed around in the paint by more physical players you don't need any numbers, stats to come to that conclusion.

Comment

• Nice read.

And some fool was questioning me about me talking about Bargnania moving back to his natural PF position- it came out of his own mouth as well. The lack of basketball knowledge from some folks is pure laughable.

Barg's also says Bosh always played hard and that everyone knew he was going to leave the last few months of the season- did not BC as well. Bosh never played with a real center when he started along side Bargnani- BC's fault.

I still say trade Barg's and build around the YG'z!!

Comment

• Nice post. Always good to hear directly from the players. I believe we will have a hustle team and hopefully success will gel from there being a team, the anti-Heat. Be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X