View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 52 of 527 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think the Raptors will be marketing the YGz hard this year to sell a young team. Unless Bargnani starts averaging 20-7 by January I don't think we will be seeing him all over the website...

Raptors Republic Rookie the_aftermath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and they replaced a lot of the Bosh stuff with Derozan pics everywhere. Guess thats our answer for who's gonna be the face of the team. I do hope that Bargs has an awesome season and gets some face time, some ownership of the season, its like he's always the silent second man. Last year it was bosh and turk on every poster, and bargs was still the 2nd best player (scoring wise).

MLSE wouldnt be stupid enough to market the young gunz without waiting to see what they can do...right?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I would love to see these two lineups face each other

YGZ® Plus
    -----------------
    Johnson
    Davis
    Weems
    DeRozan
    Jack

Wright - To come in for Amir when he gets in foul trouble

Old Guys
    ------------
    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Kleiza
    Calderon
    Barbosa

Reggie

==============
    My money would be on the top unit, especially after the all-star break.
    Add Alabi to the "Old team" and put Evans up in the young gunz. Then you would have an American lineup vs "the world". This may be a great way to solve the locker divide that they talked about last season. Instead of trying to get everyone to get along, create a lethal competition between the 2 lineups. If you are playing well, the other lineup watches... practices may get deadly but everyone would be motivated all the time. Create a "if you can't join them, beat them" mentality.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see these two lineups face each other

YGZ® Plus
    -----------------
    Johnson
    Davis
    Weems
    DeRozan
    Jack

Wright - To come in for Amir when he gets in foul trouble

Old Guys
    ------------
    Bargnani
    Anderson
    Kleiza
    Calderon
    Barbosa

Reggie

==============
    My money would be on the top unit, especially after the all-star break.
    Bargnani is not "old" he's only 24. Jack is older then Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is not "old" he's only 24. Jack is older then Bargnani.
    1. Bargnani will be 25 before the 10-11 season starts. He is older than the bigs on the other team.
    2. Bargnani can't play PG so that is why I put Jack there. He is younger than Calderon.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they realized that DeMar is much more exciting to watch and thus far more marketable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maybe they realized that DeMar is much more exciting to watch and thus far more marketable?
    +1
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I disagree but whatever.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe BC finally decided that bargs isnt the franchise guy & is planning on trading him. I hope anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Because DeMar came in second in the dunk contest last year, he is a little more well known and easier to market.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can already hear the "Bargs deficiencies are caused by DeRozan being the focal point of the team". Just kidding...I think...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I disagree but whatever.
    Which part do you disagree with? That he is more exciting, or that more exciting is more marketable? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say that Bargs is more exciting to watch than DD.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Which part do you disagree with? That he is more exciting, or that more exciting is more marketable? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't see how anyone can say that Bargs is more exciting to watch than DD.
    I 100% think Bargnani is more exciting to watch than DeMar ... sure, DeMar was fun to watch throw down dunks in summer league, but he isn't a reliable NBA player yet ... it makes me nervous when he has the ball, and decides to put it on the floor ... you can only get so many alley-oops in an NBA game.

When Bargnani catches the ball, open behind the 3-point line - you can hear the crowd start to murmur while holding their breath, waiting to scream after he nails a three ... he abuses bigmen with behind the back or through the legs dribble moves ... and loves to finish with spinning dunks (not full 360's, but still awesome). Moreover, when he catches the ball I lean forward a bit to watch what kind of move he's going to pull, with confidence that he has the skills to do it ... that's excitement to me.

I am fully confident that DeMar will be more exciting this year than he was in his rookie year ... but my vote still goes with Bargs ... they didn't call him the magician for nothing ... remember that no look, under the rim bounce pass alley-oop Andrea served up to Bosh (which Bosh missed, RUINING one of the best highlites of all time) ... that's exciting too man.
    Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Tue Sep 7th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    I 100% think Bargnani is more exciting to watch than DeMar ... sure, DeMar was fun to watch throw down dunks in summer league, but he isn't a reliable NBA player yet ... it makes me nervous when he has the ball, and decides to put it on the floor ... you can only get so many alley-oops in an NBA game.

When Bargnani catches the ball, open behind the 3-point line - you can hear the crowd start to murmur while holding their breath, waiting to scream after he nails a three ... he abuses bigmen with behind the back or through the legs dribble moves ... and loves to finish with spinning dunks (not full 360's, but still awesome). Moreover, when he catches the ball I lean forward a bit to watch what kind of move he's going to pull, with confidence that he has the skills to do it ... that's excitement to me.

I am fully confident that DeMar will be more exciting this year than he was in his rookie year ... but my vote still goes with Bargs ... they didn't call him the magician for nothing ... remember that no look, under the rim bounce pass alley-oop Andrea served up to Bosh (which Bosh missed, RUINING one of the best highlites of all time) ... that's exciting too man.
    +1.

Yeah, DD can throw down some exciting dunks, but suffice it to say that little else regarding his game - during last season - was exciting. When Bargs has the confidence to put it on the floor, regardless of how awkward he may look driving to the bucket, he can be exciting because he can shake a defender and can finish with finesse. Not to mention his arc-less three ball that somehow stuffs itself through the hoop.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Wow, I'd LOVE to watch that guy. Unfortunately the Bargnani I've seen doesn't quite have the ball handling skills you suggest and does those other things all too infrequently for my taste.

The big difference between Bargnani and DeRozan in the excitement department is that DeRozan is generally an aggressive player, whereas Bargnani is passive. Can you guess which is generally more exciting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Wow, I'd LOVE to watch that guy. Unfortunately the Bargnani I've seen doesn't quite have the ball handling skills you suggest and does those other things all too infrequently for my taste.

The big difference between Bargnani and DeRozan in the excitement department is that DeRozan is generally an aggressive player, whereas Bargnani is passive. Can you guess which is generally more exciting?
    It seems to me that in 10-11 DeRozan will finish on a lot more fast breaks than Bargnani will.

Fast break basketball is about the most exciting type of offense that the game of basketball has to offer.

nuff said.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that in 10-11 DeRozan will finish on a lot more fast breaks than Bargnani will.

Fast break basketball is about the most exciting type of offense that the game of basketball has to offer.

nuff said.
    No, the more points a player scores the more exciting they are to watch and Bargs will have significantly more of those than DD...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani has never won anything, and is about as exciting as an eggplant.

Toronto sports fans are the biggest haters

When was the last time they had a hero?

By STEVE BUFFERY, QMI Agency

Last Updated: September 15, 2010 8:36pm

Philadelphia, as the saying goes, may be the place where sports fans go to the airport to boo safe landings -- but Toronto isn't far behind.

In fact, an argument could be made that Toronto sports fans are the biggest haters in North America. At the very least, they're the angriest.

Think about it. There are no real sports heroes in this town anymore, other than old guys who retired a long time ago.

Most of the passion exhibited by Toronto sports fans the past few years has come in the form of boos and catcalls, directed at the likes of Vince Carter, Bryan McCabe and Vernon Wells (although not so much this season for Wells). And just wait until Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh arrive in town this year.

The easiest thing in the world is to put together a list of the most reviled (active) athletes in Toronto.

On the other hand, it's virtually impossible to put together a list of beloved Toronto sports figures.

Sure, there's still a lot of affection for old farts like Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clark, but not for anyone that actually still plays -- which is pretty amazing for a major sports market.

Boston has Tom Brady. There's Derek Jeter in New York. Los Angeles has Kobe Bryant. There's Drew Brees in New Orleans, Dwyane Wade in Miami. Cleveland had Le-Bron James, until he took his talents, and his ego, to South Beach.

Toronto?

Well, let's see. There's ... no one.

The highest-paid players in Toronto -- Vernon Wells, Andrea Bargnani, Dion Phaneuf -- are far from being exceedingly popular, never mind beloved.

It could be argued that Roy Halladay and Chris Bosh were both revered, but both are gone and only one of them is still held in high esteem, and his name ain't Chris.

Wells is just too low key, and gets paid too much, to be a popular figure.

Bargnani isn't the star he was supposed to be, has never won anything, and is about as exciting as an eggplant.

As for the Raptors, well, it's sad really.

Raptors fans have been some of the best fans in the NBA, when they have a half decent team, and good players, to cheer for.

But increasingly, Raptors fans are becoming known for being haters, fans who boo players.

Especially those who once played in Toronto.

As it is right now, when Toronto sports fans blog, or give their two cents worth on the radio or email sportswriters, there's a lot anger.

Everyone seems pissed off.

There's a lot of hate.

Mind you, with good cause
    A lot more here
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Sep 15th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's either that or ignore the whole team all together, nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like

Default If Only Devlin Could Get This Excited About Bargnani and the Raptors

Bargnani tweeted this

http://twitter.com/andreabargnani

Page 52 of 527 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information