View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 53 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

lol! I don't know what language he was speaking but that wasn't a language he was speaking at all. It was more like he would say a word and then squabble the rest of the sentence.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil Kessel? I mean he probably won't be worth the second overall pick that was relinquished to accquire him. He's only 22 but already has 2 30 goal season under his belt. He ain't Crosby or Ovechkin but the Leafs are king in Toronto and Phil is a close to a superstar as this city has right now.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's understandable that we boo former players. Most left a bitter taste in our mouth and left is a douchebag way. Although it got me wondering why Jays fans boo Scutaro when the Red Sox come to town.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost all respect for "STEVE BUFFERY".

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like eggplant. I don't love it, but it can work if you know how to prepare it. Bargnani, the same.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the Raptors, well, it's sad really.

Raptors fans have been some of the best fans in the NBA, when they have a half decent team, and good players, to cheer for.

But increasingly, Raptors fans are becoming known for being haters, fans who boo players.

Especially those who once played in Toronto.

As it is right now, when Toronto sports fans blog, or give their two cents worth on the radio or email sportswriters, there's a lot anger.

Everyone seems pissed off.
    There's a lot of hate.
    Mind you, with good cause
    Incredible Standing Ovation for Mats Sundin Return to Toronto at ACC - Feb 21, 2009

Maple leafs captain for 13 years, returns after signing with the canucks . Example of a Classy guy leaving Toronto and getting Exactly what he deserves from the fans.

2009-2010 Opening Game Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Anthony parker's first game back in Toronto after Signing with Cleveland as a Free agent.
    1:05 Anthony Parker's Introduction

Notice How the crowd cheers for the FORMER raptor who LEFT the team.
    at 0:02 there's even a crowd pop for J Moon when he's introduced.

Morris Peterson, (You remember him right) after being traded by the Raps to New Orleans
    his article in the star really sums it up

http://www.thestar.com/columnists/article/407473

Toronto Loves their players. Don't believe me, ask Danny Dichio of the Toronto FC.

Hell even Roy Halliday (Former Cy young pitcher of the Toronto blue Jays traded to the Phillies) return was the talk of the town and I would have shown it if it wern't for the G20 causing it to be rescheduled for next year.

http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2010/0...rogers-centre/
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/st...-phillies.html

Toronto fans are just as courtious as any other fans, its just that we get Screwed over as FANS time and time again that everyone including the media generalize us as angry haters even though we love our teams.

Bottom Line if you don't leave the team/city in a D-bag manor as a Superstar (see Carter, McGrady etc) than you get your props.

as for hating VC, i mean i loved the guy but the chant is catchy (0:55)

Last edited by Jordan-Drexler; Thu Sep 16th, 2010 at 02:46 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahhaahhahaahahhahaahahahhahahahahahahhaahhahaha haha fail italian! He kept on saying three points this is not possible and kept on repeating the score, 100 to 99 100 to 99 hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha he repeats the same thing throughout hahahahahahahah

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Was he weeping for joy or sadness? Did his team win or lose?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    I think that they won

He seemed to me to have more excitement in his voice when the game winning shot was made then when the go ahead goal was made just a few seconds before.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan has a chance this season to overtake everyone as this city's most exciting player.

Bargnani isn't flashy, then again, very few big men are exciting.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, I could give a shit about having particular individuals to revere and love as the face of the franchise. The reality is that we've had such a high turnover rate here that it's probably better not to put all of the hopes and dreams of the franchise on one player. I support the Toronto Raptors as a unit, regardless of who is on the floor. If, one day, this franchise manages to make some noise in the league or even go on a deep playoff run, it will be, in my opinion, so much more satisfying if we do it as a cohesive team where players share equal burden, without an individual star.

Still, I'm not a hater; I've already expressed my opinion on the foolishness of booing players simply because their tenures with the Raps didn't work out. People who go to the games with a mind to boo players they dislike with more zeal than they bring to cheer on the team should be slapped...especially when it's somebody like Carter or Turkoglu who will only try harder to burn the Raps should they be booed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    It wasn't his team, he was just excited cause it seemed like the losing team (the team who got scored on on the buzzer) were going to win after they scored with few seconds left, then you know there was the buzzer beater so he was just extremely excited about that. Cause he was excited when the other team scored the near buzzer beater..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    It wasn't his team, he was just excited cause it seemed like the losing team (the team who got scored on on the buzzer) were going to win after they scored with few seconds left, then you know there was the buzzer beater so he was just extremely excited about that. Cause he was excited when the other team scored the near buzzer beater..
    Huh?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ihatehaters wrote: View Post
    Huh?
    I think Joe was saying that the announcer is the "excitable type"
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Derozan has a chance this season to overtake everyone as this city's most exciting player.

Bargnani isn't flashy, then again, very few big men are exciting.
    Hey Mango, are you the same guy who started some sort of Vince Carter hate club over at the Raptors official chat forum on NBA.com? I used to lurk over there a few years back, and some of the stuff was hilarious. If so, what are your thoughts on the article and the portrayal of Raptors fans as "haters".

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only those unfamiliar with the culinary delights can refer to the wonderful aubergine, as unexciting.

Buffery must be used to boiled sausages and spam for his dinners.

This is not an endorsement of Bargnani's skills or personality but rather a defense of the maligned and misunderstood vegetable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bargnani tweeted this

http://twitter.com/andreabargnani
    Sounds like his puppy died while the basketball game was going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DimeMag.com: Bargnani 29th of 30 Top "Go-To Players"

Last season offered a 12-game sample. In the time that Bosh missed with injuries, Bargnani didn’t definitively prove or disprove anybody’s theory on how good (or mediocre) he can be. In a seven-game stretch beginning in late-February, Bargnani averaged 15.2 points, one bucket less than his overall regular season average. In the final five games of the year — which Bosh missed while the Raptors were trying to win a playoff berth — Bargnani averaged 21.4 points and his team wound up in the Lottery. Toronto’s record in games with Bargnani as The Man was 5-7; the wins coming over the Knicks (twice), Nets, Wizards and Pistons, the losses coming to Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Houston, Oklahoma City, Cleveland and Portland.

The highlight of Bargnani’s test drive was a 33-point effort against Detroit in the second-to-last game of the season, a must-win for the Raptors at the time. In that game, Bargnani showed the outside shooting stroke that originally birthed those Dirk comparisons (5-for-7 beyond the arc) and grabbed seven rebounds, but only had one assist. It was a microcosm of what Bargnani should be this year. He will score, he will shoot, he will rebound when he has to, but he won’t be much of a playmaker as far as getting others involved. Bargnani can pass and the Raptors have some athletic offensive players surrounding him, but passing is not his role, especially now that the Raptors need to replace the 24 ppg that Bosh provided.

Perimeter-based seven-footers always leave something to be desired, especially when they’re deemed the go-to guy on a team. As much success as Dirk has had in the League, between his MVP and NBA Finals appearance and deep playoff runs, he still has a lot of critics who get on him for not using his size to score more inside and get easy buckets instead of taking fadeaways from 18 feet.

According to 82games.com’s “clutch time” statistical analysis — compiling numbers from the 4th quarter and overtime, less than five minutes on the clock, neither team ahead by more than five points — Bargnani is about where a second-option on a Lottery team would be. He averaged 24.7 points per 48 minutes of “clutch time” last season, higher than established No. 1’s like Danny Granger, Tim Duncan, Deron Williams and Paul Pierce, but below Corey Maggette, Will Bynum and Andrei Kirilenko. He shot 49 percent from the field, 30 percent from three, and 86 percent at the free-throw line in clutch situations. Over 70 percent of Bargnani’s clutch time baskets were assisted, likely the result of Bosh being double-teamed in the post or getting open spots around the arc via Toronto’s playmakers. Now that he’s The Man, Bargnani will have to learn to produce solo buckets. By comparison, 54 percent of Dirk’s clutch time baskets involved an assist.

So far, the 2006 draft class hasn’t been strong on franchise players. Brandon Roy is the only one who’s been The Man since Day 1, while Rudy Gay is just cementing his role as Memphis’ go-to guy. Going into Year 5, Bargnani’s time is now. As the “backup” in Toronto he was living the relatively stress-free life of a developing talent with potential, but now the spotlight is on. Now he’s taking the snaps and calling the plays. And even the most optimistic Raptors fan has to realize he’s not going to be Tom Brady right away.
    Source: Dime Mag

Page 53 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread Information