Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The starting lineup needs to changed.

The Doug Smith rotation is a friggen disaster, straight up.

Evans and Bargnani are terrible together on defense and offense.

Hopefully Triano will see the light.

The starters are getting out scored every game, game after game.

So what does a smart coach do?

He changes the friggen starting lineup.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Would you guys trade AB for Bougut ?
      At this rate, I would trade Bargs for toe nail clippers. At least the clippers have use. Honestly, Doug Smith proclaims that fans in Toronto have less love for someone like Bargs compared to casual observers outside of TO. Well, hello Doug, if you're a casual observer, then you won't see how your number one overall pick functions on the court with his own rebounding assistant. To answer your question, I'd trade him for Nene or Bogut or Biedrins or Okafor or Kaman or even Bynum. They'd love Bargs in the "run-n-gun" west coast style offence where the big men can roam freely while camping beyond the 3-point line or often shooting over players that are a foot shorter than them. Send Bargs to the West...
      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 12:13 AM.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Would you guys trade AB for Bougut ?
        I'd trade her in a second for Bogut. Heck, Bogut could miss 10-15 games a year for us and I'd still be happy with the trade.

It's Andrea's fifth season and she's never been anything but an inconsistent scorer. It's clear we need a stay-at-home defending/rebounding C, he'd be an amazing addition. But it would never happen... I wouldn't trade my gold chain for anything imitation, and I doubt that Bucks GM Jon Hammond would do the same with his C position.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          The starting lineup needs to changed.

Hopefully Triano will see the light.

The starters are getting out scored every game, game after game.

So what does a smart coach do?

He changes the friggen starting lineup.
          Bargs is far from "terrible" on offense. He's just having a couple bad games.

Weren't you guys on about Amir after the first 4 games too? Now everyone is all quiet. You guys need to stop overreacting after every couple of games and wait till the end of the season before taking shots at someone.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Weren't you guys on about Amir after the first 4 games too? Now everyone is all quiet. You guys need to stop overreacting after every couple of games and wait till the end of the season before taking shots at someone.
            OK, how's this, he's been in the league for 4 years. I realize that 4 games is much different that 4 years. This constant pampering is a detriment to Bargs' game while costing the Raptors winnable games.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I never said that Bargnani should be taken out of the starting lineup.

I said change the starting lineup.

I was thinking of another starter who needs to go to the end of the bench or get traded.

When Bargnani's "Rebounding Assistant" didn't play, Bargnani had nine rebounds.

There is no need to need for Bargnani to have a "Rebounding Assistant" starting with him.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

You didn't actually wait all season last year to take some shots at Hedo did you? It was kinda fun actually, as frustrating as it was at the time.

It's also now Barg's fifth season, the jury is out.

I'm pretty sure Buddah meant Reggie=poor offense/good defense and Andrea=Good O/poor D.

Comment

I never said that Bargnani should be taken out of the starting lineup.

I said change the starting lineup.

I was thinking of another starter who needs to go to the end of the bench or get traded.

When Bargnani's "Rebounding Assistant" didn't play, Bargnani had nine rebounds.

There is no need to need for Bargnani to have a "Rebounding Assistant" starting with him.
                  Thanks B. Come to think of it, Bosh was Bargs' rebounding assistant. Look at what's happening to him now. Perhaps he needs to get back here on Dec. 15 to resume his original role. More importantly, AB has been the man all these years. He fooled his own GM, got a coach of the year fired, forced his only reliable scoring "rebounding assistant" to leave town and now, he's contaminating the young members of his team (and everyone seems to be OK with it). That is AB's magic (hence the nickname Il Mago).

Comment

The starting lineup needs to changed.

Hopefully Triano will see the light. The starters are getting out scored every game, game after game.
                    That made me laugh.

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Perhaps this analogy may make more sense to some, especially to those that are crying to relax. Let's say you work for a company and belong to a production team. Your boss decides to bring in someone to work with the team but not under any leadership capacity. You are all making the same coin with similar levels of responsibility. Come evaluation time, you noticed that even though the guy they brought in is not working as hard as you, he is getting better reviews and hence better bonuses, etc. This goes on for years. How would you, including the rest of the equally hard-working team members feel? Would you feel motivated to work harder to get noticed by upper management? Do you rally with the rest of the team to work harder so that upper management recognizes your collective efforts and not so much the guy that was brought in? Where would your level of motivation be? This my friends, is the Toronto Raptors.

Just like any job, pro team sports are just like anything else in life. So at 2-9, do some of you still want to relax? I understand it's just a game. I understand that it's just for entertainment. The game tonight was neither a game nor was it entertaining. Perhaps I should just cancel my HD sports package and save me some cash huh? Perhaps, an occasional game at the ACC (paying full price for several tickets) would be the thing of the past right?
                    Great comment. Totally agree.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      You didn't actually wait all season last year to take some shots at Hedo did you? It was kinda fun actually, as frustrating as it was at the time.

It's also now Barg's fifth season, the jury is out.

I'm pretty sure Buddah meant Reggie=poor offense/good defense and Andrea=Good O/poor D.
                      I didn't take shots at Hedo 11 games into a 82 game season either.

Bargs played pretty well in most of the games this season, its just been the last couple of games where he has struggled. I think it's way to early to be talking about trading away Bargs.

Comment

I didn't take shots at Hedo 11 games into a 82 game season either.

Bargs played pretty well in most of the games this season, its just been the last couple of games where he has struggled. I think it's way to early to be talking about trading away Bargs.
                        You must've had one or three in there by the 65 game mark though I bet...

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Thanks B. Come to think of it, Bosh was Bargs' rebounding assistant. Look at what's happening to him now. Perhaps he needs to get back here on Dec. 15 to resume his original role. More importantly, AB has been the man all these years. He fooled his own GM, got a coach of the year fired, forced his only reliable scoring "rebounding assistant" to leave town and now, he's contaminating the young members of his team (and everyone seems to be OK with it). That is AB's magic (hence the nickname Il Mago).
                          I don't think Bargnani needs a "Rebounding Assistant".

Its time that Triano wised up and started the best player at each position rather an unneeded "Rebounding Assistant"

Bosh was not Bargnani's "Rebounding Assistant" because Bosh did a heck of a lot more on the court than just rebound and smile.

Comment

• Bargnani is who he is. There are tons of guys like him in the league who carve out very nice careers (Beasley, Troy Murphy, Raef LaFrentz, Mehmet Okur, Charlie V) and that seems to be his destiny. It's not his fault that Toronto drafted him Number 1 overall and The GM is pushing him as a 'franchise player'. He gets paid the same amount as Ben Gordon and he comes off the bench in Detroit. If Bargnani was used properly (scorer off the bench to make 2nd teamers pay) on a deeper team (say, OK Thunder, who could use a big guy), he would be seen as a valuable asset (like what Lamar Odom was in LA last year, just a LOT less talented).

The one thing I will say is maybe it is time to move Evans and to a lesser extent, guys like Barbosa and Calderon. These guys are 'security blankets' to some of the young guys and maybe it's time for a baptism by fire. They are going to get blown away anyways with these guys and while I like Evans, his skill set really is best suited for a winning team. If you gave guys like Bargnani, Johnson, Weems, DeRozan, heck even Jack the team with a "Look, there's no one behind you and no one to pick up the slack for what you lack!" ultimatum, you can then really figure out what you have. Maybe even the 4.5% chance that Bargnani becomes something other than the Italian Channing Frye might come to the fore....

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
                              for this team to move forward and begin to rebuild properly.....you can keep Calderon for now,but bargnani has to go..if he can maintain a decent scoring avg you try to move him in the new year...enough is enough..the points dont matter but the writing is on the wall.
                              You cant win with a guy in the middle who wont rebound or defend...cant.

Trade and begin the process of acquiring thru trade or draft some legit centers who play big at both ends...enough of this perimeter shooting crap..its been a fail from day one.

If BC has to go in order for this guy to get dealt then get rid of bryan as well....Time for some REAL proactiveness...this guy isnt working and its not going to get better...
                              +1
                              either they move him or have him come off the bench as a different look on offense. There has only been one team in the NBA that has won a championship without a real center or point guard and thats the bulls Derozan is not Jordan and Weems is not Pippen.

Comment

• Eeek, that was a horrible game on Bargnani's part... Same thing like last year, after a couple of good shooting games he always goes on a slump... I don't know what it is but he's got to at least shoot consistently. Honestly, I don't understand how people are still talking about his rebounding being the problem in this last game, we all know Bargnani will never be a good rebounder, maybe one day he'll be decent but never good. His offense is his only asset, and what I have noticed is that when he gets his offense going early, it not only brings up the morale of the teammates, but he plays better defense in stretches (not sure if anyone else noticed, but I did). In the past few games he hasn't been shooting well, has been doing that really dumb pump-fake move on the three-point line and has not been aggressive at all. At this point I would be more worried about him being a consistent offensive threat, rather than a better defensive player. This is not only better for the team for now, but also for those who want to "trade his white ass" his value would definitely increase if he actually hits his shots.

On what Buddha said, it is completely true. Reggie and Bargnani can't be on the floor at the same time. Yes Reggie bring aggressiveness on defense, but he isn't a good defender. What happens when both of your big men are bad defenders? Watch the Washington game.
                                The line-up which should start, is clearly Jack/Calderon (I still have mixed feelings on who should start) DeRozan Weems (yes, I finally changed my mind about him) Johnson Bargnani.

Anyways I just hope Bargnani gets his game together, he has a lot to prove to us fans and the management in the next month.

Comment

Working...
                                X