View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 218 of 528 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Rawth wrote: View Post
    So you saying that Bargnani doesnt even meet your minimum standard? thats just sad.
    It is sad. A guy with that much talent should at least be an adequate defensive player and rebounder. But when all that person seems to care about is scoring points, well, he's not someone who you're going to win with.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can Bargnani at least pretend that rebounding and defense matter?

•One thing that was interesting to me was the difference in responses from Bargnani and Triano when asked whether it’s tough to stay motivated at this point of the season. While Triano said that the guys have been good and focused when in practice, Bargnani took a different stance when he was asked whether it was hard to find motivation, saying:

“Yeah, of course it’s hard. You’re playing for nothing because you’re out of the (playoffs) but you’ve got a lot of motivation to find to keep playing.”

•Playing for nothing. Ouch. More alarming to me, however, was how he answered a question about what he is focusing on and trying to improve in the final weeks of the season. Rather than talking about defence or rebounding, he mentioned his jumpshot, dribbling and post-up moves. Glad he wants to improve on the offensive end, but there’s more to basketball than scoring points.
    I've made arguments for keeping Bargnani in the past. I do be live with the right people around him he could be a part of a successful team. His abilities on offense and the match up nightmares he can create are incredible.

HOWEVER

I also see his flaws and realize it is starting to look like he does not and will not ever 'get it'.

The above quotes and the bolded sections have taken me from 50/50 in wanting to trade Bargnani to about 70/30. This is beyond frustrating for me. We know he consistently doesn't do the things many fans want from him but it would be at least be nice to know it is at least a figment of his psyche.

I don't know if I want to throttle him for the quotes or admire him for at least being honest and true to himself and what he is about despite the views of others.

If a guy like Zaza Pachulia and a young player and/or a draft pick (which one or both depends on the player and the draft pick) can be had for him, I will not shed a tear.

Source

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptorsking wrote: View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzbb3rwU8AA

bargnani use to be the man....
    He used to try on Defense as well ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Man, if only that fire was there night in and night out. Bring in Charles Oakley as a personal coach for him. One of two things will happen: 1) he'll play with fight, or 2) Oak will end his career with a brutal pummelling.

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I've made arguments for keeping Bargnani in the past. I do be live with the right people around him he could be a part of a successful team. His abilities on offense and the match up nightmares he can create are incredible.

HOWEVER

I also see his flaws and realize it is starting to look like he does not and will not ever 'get it'.

The above quotes and the bolded sections have taken me from 50/50 in wanting to trade Bargnani to about 70/30. This is beyond frustrating for me. We know he consistently doesn't do the things many fans want from him but it would be at least be nice to know it is at least a figment of his psyche.

I don't know if I want to throttle him for the quotes or admire him for at least being honest and true to himself and what he is about despite the views of others.

If a guy like Zaza Pachulia and a young player and/or a draft pick (which one or both depends on the player and the draft pick) can be had for him, I will not shed a tear.

Source
    lol this is a joke i am sure your writing this with the sole purpose of stirring up the pot
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Andrea a Franchise Guy?

HoopsWorld article.

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He got out rebounded by vince multiple times in that clip atleast he showed fire

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    lol this is a joke i am sure your writing this with the sole purpose of stirring up the pot
    You obviously don't know Matt52. He's one of the most even-handed posters here. And not too long ago he was a big defender of Bargnani, so much so that we got into a couple of friendly debates about him. The fact that guys like him and Joe Panini are now starting to question whether it's a good idea to even keep Bargnani, is not a good sign at all. When his most reasonable fans start deserting him, you know there's something wrong.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all. A true C who has never been given an opportunity to start in Pachulia (did you watch BOS/ATL last night? Hawks don't win without Zaza), a young player with a lot of upside (sticking with the Hawks, say they still had Jordan Crawford), and a 1st round pick would be a great return in my opinion.

Solid rotational player C, young player on rookie deal, and lottery pick for Bargs - I would think very long and hard (*snickers*he said long and hard*snickers*).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You obviously don't know Matt52. He's one of the most even-handed posters here. And not too long ago he was a big defender of Bargnani, so much so that we got into a couple of friendly debates about him. The fact that guys like him and Joe Panini are now starting to question whether it's a good idea to even keep Bargnani, is not a good sign at all. When his most reasonable fans start deserting him, you know there's something wrong.
    I wouldn't say deserted. Seriously contemplating a future without him and extreme frustration with his body language, effort, and recent quotes are much more accurate.

For all his faults, 20ppg scorers and players combining his size and skill set are a rarity and he is an asset. With the right supporting cast I have no doubt he'll flourish. Lately, I question whether the supporting cast can be acquired in Toronto soon enough to ensure a culture of losing is not engrained and the young talent we do have wish to continue to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Reasonable fans?
    First off if you say a fan has an objective view on the whole Bargnani debate, then why on earth would they source an article from the score written by some unknown author and specifically quote an answer that has no relevance to anything. And even more use this article to weigh on your decision for keep him or trading him. This is clearly not reasonable at all. Who cares. Why doesn’t the reasonable fan source the Bargnani article written by hoopsworld http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19313
    Yea Demar, Ed Reggie etc call him the franchise player. Not to mention one of his goals for next year is improving on D. Holly Mackenize author for blog from the score … Demar Reggie Amir … current players on Toronto raptors … which source would you trust?
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't say deserted. Seriously contemplating a future without him and extreme frustration with his body language, effort, and recent quotes are much more accurate.

For all his faults, 20ppg scorers and players combining his size and skill set are a rarity and he is an asset. With the right supporting cast I have no doubt he'll flourish. Lately, I question whether the supporting cast can be acquired in Toronto soon enough to ensure a culture of losing is not engrained and the young talent we do have wish to continue to stay.
    Again his body language has almost been untociable and never an issue until you brought it up. The team has lost over 50 games if anything I would have thought he should be showing more frustration and negative body language. For instance Demar looks like he wants to cry every game i haven't seen this once all year from Andrea. Lol and plus are you his mom who cares about body language. What frustrates me more than anything is your criteria for contemplating a future without him include things such as body language quotes and effort.

It takes effort to be a top 15 player in the NBA.
    Quotes lolll the man can't even speak english hope your not beng serious here
    Body langue--- lol read above..
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Again his body language has almost been untociable and never an issue until you brought it up. The team has lost over 50 games if anything I would have thought he should be showing more frustration and negative body language. For instance Demar looks like he wants to cry every game i haven't seen this once all year from Andrea. Lol and plus are you his mom who cares about body language. What frustrates me more than anything is your criteria for contemplating a future without him include things such as body language quotes and effort.

It takes effort to be a top 15 player in the NBA.
    Quotes lolll the man can't even speak english hope your not beng serious here
    Body langue--- lol read above..
    Bro, you are right on the money. One thing about Bargs, he is honest. Unlike the other interviews you see, for example Jose, every interview "Jya, you know, we just gotta keep trying, be more concentrate, jyu know, just try hard".

Or then you have Demar "Well, you know, we just trying to win....well ..you know, um you know, we just gotta get better,um..you know, we gotta um, you know practice"

I remember 5 yrs ago Bargs couldnt even understand English, now he is at a very impressive level of English, and can usually understand all the questions he is asked. I dont mind the fact he is honest and straight up at all, you know everyone else if just saying "all the right things" that their agents tell them to say.

With respect to Tim saying "you will never win with a guy who wants to score lots of points"...i just shake my head...Bargs is one of the best offensive players in the game.

I love the raps, and unfortunately I think Bargs will get traded. I go to lots of games too, and I will go to see Bargs when he returns, and will also smile inside when he drops 40 on us while cursing on the outside.

One of the best memories I have of this year was going to the Miami game and watching Bargs go at CB. He schooled him with dunks, pump fakes, he played killer D on him, and just brought his A game. It's too bad his detractors will probably get him traded, but then, they will just find someone new to hate on next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bro, you are right on the money. One thing about Bargs, he is honest. Unlike the other interviews you see, for example Jose, every interview "Jya, you know, we just gotta keep trying, be more concentrate, jyu know, just try hard".

Or then you have Demar "Well, you know, we just trying to win....well ..you know, um you know, we just gotta get better,um..you know, we gotta um, you know practice"

I remember 5 yrs ago Bargs couldnt even understand English, now he is at a very impressive level of English, and can usually understand all the questions he is asked. I dont mind the fact he is honest and straight up at all, you know everyone else if just saying "all the right things" that their agents tell them to say.

With respect to Tim saying "you will never win with a guy who wants to score lots of points"...i just shake my head...Bargs is one of the best offensive players in the game.

I love the raps, and unfortunately I think Bargs will get traded. I go to lots of games too, and I will go to see Bargs when he returns, and will also smile inside when he drops 40 on us while cursing on the outside.

One of the best memories I have of this year was going to the Miami game and watching Bargs go at CB. He schooled him with dunks, pump fakes, he played killer D on him, and just brought his A game. It's too bad his detractors will probably get him traded, but then, they will just find someone new to hate on next year.

So true, most of the players seem like robots answering the questions. Triano and Derozan vividly come to mind. I resepct Andrea for speaking his mind because this shows hes got a high confidence level and doesn't care people think. His responses aren't some pr bullshit to make everyone happy.

Yo I honeslty dont think Bargnani will be traded. I think the Raptors will try and make it work with him...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, most of the players seem like robots answering the questions. Triano and Derozan vividly come to mind. I resepct Andrea for speaking his mind because this shows hes got a high confidence level and doesn't care people think. His responses aren't some pr bullshit to make everyone happy.

Yo I honeslty dont think Bargnani will be traded. I think the Raptors will try and make it work with him...
    I hope he doesn't get traded. If we get some noob gm, he might be. But rule of thumb in any business- dont get rid of your best employee. In hoops- dont traded your all star.

Best part about bargs is that he loves toronto. He wouldnt bail to go "back to the US", like VC, Tmac, Bosh, Demar, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he doesn't get traded. If we get some noob gm, he might be. But rule of thumb in any business- dont get rid of your best employee. In hoops- dont traded your all star.

Best part about bargs is that he loves toronto. He wouldnt bail to go "back to the US", like VC, Tmac, Bosh, Demar, etc.
    hahah hed only screw us if the nba expanded to Italy ... hed go back to benetton lool.

Even if we get a new GM i wouldn't be worried since most basketball people coaces players gm think very highly of his game. It's mostly fans who have a sterotypical winning formula in mind that want him gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hahah hed only screw us if the nba expanded to Italy ... hed go back to benetton lool.

Even if we get a new GM i wouldn't be worried since most basketball people coaces players gm think very highly of his game. It's mostly fans who have a sterotypical winning formula in mind that want him gone.
    That's a good point. Most GMS would love to get Bargs on their team. I hope we keep him, in my estimation he will be the greatest Raptor of all time unless some douche gm trades him.

BTW, notice we lost tonight. Funny how Amir and DD didnt save us tonight. I wonder if there will be any hate on threads about them?

One thing is a fact, u buy a ticket and head to the acc, fans know the truth- count the bargs jerseys on kids, and adults, and listen to the cheers. They know they are in the King-dom at the ACC, all the haters scurry off to post web rants!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point. Most GMS would love to get Bargs on their team. I hope we keep him, in my estimation he will be the greatest Raptor of all time unless some douche gm trades him.

BTW, notice we lost tonight. Funny how Amir and DD didnt save us tonight. I wonder if there will be any hate on threads about them?

One thing is a fact, u buy a ticket and head to the acc, fans know the truth- count the bargs jerseys on kids, and adults, and listen to the cheers. They know they are in the King-dom at the ACC, all the haters scurry off to post web rants!
    lol so true raptors are so boring to watch without Bargs things just aren't the same without his presence. Even if they won today I wouldn't have cared looll... its all about the KING and his men.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Ol Skool Classic- Bargs vs Cabbie

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we play basketball not defense ball

Thread Information