View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 269 of 527 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptorsking wrote: View Post
    yea big boy needs to lose some weight.
    thats for sure

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani, star and core player according to Casey

What’s your current take on Andrea Bargnani and where do you think he can take his game?

To me, he’s Dirk-like, as far as being seven-foot, one of the best big men shooters in the league, great hands, athletic. Where I see him getting better is being more focused on pushing himself each and every day, putting his nose to the grind and taking it as a challenge each and every day to be the best. That’s the determination I want to charge Andrea with and try to reach him with. I thought he made big steps last year when Bosh left. I thought he took a big step offensively to put more of the team on his shoulders and take big shots. But now the charge is to be more of a leader, to be a better defender, to be a better weak-side defender and there are some things we can do to help him with that. But it’s got to come from within. I mean, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. But we’re going to work with him, whether it’s holding him accountable, putting my arm around him, whatever it takes to work with Andrea because he’s got too much talent to let it fade and not really try to strain his potential out of him and try to get the most we can out of him. Again, he’s our star, he and DeMar are our core guys… That’s going to be our job as a coaching staff is to make sure every day we get in the gym, work with him and push him and see where it lands.
    I got this off RaptorsBlog

Is this a good or bad thing? Do you think Casey can get Bargnani to care about basketball and actually play every night? Or will this eventually cause his failure as it partially did with Smitch and Triano?

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

good-thing.imo

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    What’s your current take on Andrea Bargnani and where do you think he can take his game?

Is this a good or bad thing? Do you think Casey can get Bargnani to care about basketball and actually play every night? Or will this eventually cause his failure as it partially did with Smitch and Triano?

Hopefully Casey is towing company line to raise his trade value.

However, I do recall a game versus Detroit this year when Bargnani was benched for a good stretch of the 3rd quarter. He finished the game with 9 rebs and it was evident the deprivation of minutes led to more focus and effort. Sadly it was only one game.

I just went back through the games and it was January 14 at home versus Detroit - he finished with 31 points on 12-25 shooting, 9 rebs, 3 assts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 0 to in 35 minutes. The Raps lost 101-95 but looking through the gamelog you see that every other close game he is usually 40+ minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...ndrea-bargnani

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything Bargnani here comes another....

anyways I'd have to believe that this is Bargnani's last chance and that what he does has no bearing on Casey's job. But then again BC has shown a complete inability to give up on Bargnani so what do I know.

6th year, 3rd coach, 3 positions - still the worst defending big man and rebounder in league history

Can that change? God I hope so. Will that change? I highly doubt it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a good feeling that when Dwane Casey says he'll hold players accountable and control minutes that way, he means it and will actually show that he means it.

What does this say about Bargnani? Well, if he's still here at the start of the season, at least we wouldn't have to watch too much of him stinking it up with no passion and effort at all on defense. I am now confident that BC is done coddling him and is this close to giving up on him completely, if he hasn't already. So while he may start the season as a Raptor, if he continues to stink, he won't be one by season's end.

Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having in my mind the famous interview with sky italia, when Andrea says that he will show the Raps that he can defend.
    Last year he shown that he can score, next year he will show that can defend (obviously not like Howard or Josh Smith in a blink of an eye) and protect the paint.
    It's just a matter of focus.. last year was: reggie rebound - andrea score... this year will be another story
    Let's go Raptors!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I've always been critical of Andrea, the talent is there. I just think that since coming into this league he's been pampered and served with a silver spoon. He's need tough love and management need to support that. They didn't do that when Smitch was here when it came to Sam's methods in coaching Andrea and I don't think Triano was the tough coaching mentor he needs especially when it comes to accountability. I see Casey being that fit that Bargs needs to be able to help with his deficiencies. Most notably, defense but especially team defense.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote teoserio wrote: View Post
    I'm having in my mind the famous interview with sky italia, when Andrea says that he will show the Raps that he can defend.
    Last year he shown that he can score, next year he will show that can defend (obviously not like Howard or Josh Smith in a blink of an eye) and protect the paint.
    It's just a matter of focus.. last year was: reggie rebound - andrea score... this year will be another story
    I hope he does not forget how to score.

Hopefully the focus eventually becomes complete basketball players who play to their strengths and put maximum effort in to their weaknesses.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to come from within. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    Bargnani has been led to the water but he prefers champagne.
    Cut off the champagne[minutes and 18 shot attempts]and maybe he'll drink the water.

Raptors Republic Rookie KingRaptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a coach that will not get fired for acting so tough on Bargnani.

I think this also indicates that Bargnani is not getting traded anytime soon. And if that's the case he either could blossom into the "Potential Star" he once was predicted or really destroy any trade value he had left in him.

Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I hope he does not forget how to score.

Hopefully the focus eventually becomes complete basketball players who play to their strengths and put maximum effort in to their weaknesses.
    +1
    Let's go Raptors!

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that it's not just Casey holding him accountable. I would love to see Amir get in his grill and demand maximum effort. But you know, there are players in pro sports that just don't have the passion once they get the pay cheques and no matter what anyone says some of them just don't care.

We all know of Bargnani's talent, here's hoping that this season will be different, although I'm not getting my hopes up.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i can't wait for Tim W to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i can't wait for Tim W to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.
    hahaha damn Heinz you beat me to it.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i can't wait for tim w to wake up. This thread will give him a conniption fit.
    lol

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my doubts but if it is going to happen in Toronto, I would say Casey is the one who can light a fire under his ass (whereas many fans would just like to literally light one...).

Hopefully Casey is towing company line to raise his trade value.
    At the end of the day he doesn't control who is on the team, and until Bargnani is gone, this is what Casey plans to do. I think it means nothing one way or the other of whether he will actually be here at the end of the day, but nice to see it is a focus if he is.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey stated the obvious. Bargnani was the star of this team last season and he was a core player. That doesn't mean he will continue to be one. I don't think the press conference changes anything.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has any team been so willing to try and make a player work out? It'll be 6 f***ing years waiting on White Swan, it's just absurd.

I'm horrified that we'll trade Davis to accommodate for White Swan.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this season is the one where Dre puts it all together and takes his game to the next level. BC has put some nice help defenders around him in Davis, Amir and JJ who all hit the boards well. With Demar and Bayless being able t carry the scoring load more and take some attention away from Dre look for his FG% to go up. I think his points will hover around 20 but his rebounds, blocks and overall defense will improve from last year.

barring the draft tomorrow and any trades are starting line up of Bayless, Demar, JJ, Davis and Dre should be exciting to watch and full of potential on both ends of the court!

Thread Information