View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 122 of 527 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched it for the 20th time...you definitely notice a little change in Bargs strut there haha

It was seriously a "buddy, get the F*ck outta here" moment

this is what it reminds me of (first 0:02 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3taXGUArcg

SOMEONE ADD THAT CLIP TO THE OP...its a nice companion piece

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I year Unadjusted Overall Rating - Worst 8 in the league sorted with worst at the top.

Evans is second worst in league.
    Jack is fourth worst
    Bargnani is eighth worst in league.

If you want to see it on the link here you have to sort it after you get to the web site
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 7th, 2010 at 01:35 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet jesus, Buddah, I know you love Davis and Johnson, but why the hell do you want to start yet another round of Bargnani hating? If anything, Davis needs weeks to acclimate and get his conditioning back. Plus Davis's offence looks about as good as Bargs' defence. Bargs will step it up a notch.

If anything this game truly highlights the putrid crap that we have at the wings and brings into question another of your crushes, Bayless. He had quite the crappy night. Even last night, a supposed breakthrough, I thought he was pretty selfish at times and could have distributed the ball significantly more. I found him very frustrating at times, when he just single mindedly pounded the ball into a forest of defense, forcing up crappy shots instead of dishing the ball to an open player. I'm sure he'll improve but he really seems more like a 2 guard than a pg.

But for the love of Vishnu, Durga and Kali, why pick on Bargs this game? He was the least of our worries.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    In the first half you couldn't tell if his eyes were open or closed. He looked like he was sleep walking.

Is it time to start Davis rather than Bargnani?

This way he can catch up on his sleep on bench during the beginning of the game.
    I say yes too but BC will not allow it. It is obvious that scouting is out on Bargs - put a smaller and athletic player on him and he is taken out of the game. Bargs needs to learn how to post-up more. Bargs is a bench player like I have mentioned before - when the shots are not falling, he can not contribute anywhere else.

I also think it might be time to change our draft scouting staff(including Jim Kelly) - all they have drafted is a bad player(Rafael Araujo), SF in center body(Andrea), SG with no consistent jumpshot(Demar), wing that does not get it(Joey Graham) and a jumpshooting, no rebounding big man in Charlie V, that is a bad draft record and they deserve to be fired for it.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to let Davis rehabilitate first, big minutes could hurt him this early. But yes, if Bargnani doesn't step up Ed could take his place. I still don't see it happening, maybe Amir and Ed will play big minutes together, but putting Amir and Ed as starters causes a hige mismatch. They are both very skinny, although Amir has hops and speed he won't be able to back-down any center above 240 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Greatest thing I've ever seen in awhile..

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was gangster until I saw where he learned his elbowing from:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW-7ZmXfzPk
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

What if we put Amir at SF, Ed at PF and Bargnani at C. We are having wing problems and Amir is quick enough I think to guard 3s. Plus he's taller and is a better defender and shooter than Weems or DeRozan. It could work.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    What if we put Amir at SF, Ed at PF and Bargnani at C. We are having wing problems and Amir is quick enough I think to guard 3s. Plus he's taller and is a better defender and shooter than Weems or DeRozan. It could work.
    That means Amir will foul out in 6 minutes as quicker threes will eat him. I also wonder what the second line of subs would look like without a big man. They had Barbosa on Granger last night!

PS> My personal Avatar ain't going nowhere. Even in the wins, AB was so one-dimensional (all offense and not much else). If he is somewhat of a focal point in this team, what is his role on offense, what is his role on defense? Last night, he pulled a "short" 20-foot jumper and got beat to the basket by Collison. Collison started deep in his end. Sigh. I mean, Amir played like he really wanted it last night. Amir played like he wanted it against New York. Where's AB in these losses, where's the Young Nunz?

I love how O'Brien played the Raps last night - turn Calderon into a shooter and limit his ball distribution. Triano and the rest of the clipboard carrying "Sausage Brigade" fell for it.

PPS> If you're having wing problems, I heard Mayo might be available for the right price. Might as well address the real issue right?

Getting Bayless addresses the back-up PG situation - done

Trading Turk to remove cancer for Barbosa - done

Draft the best player with high defensive IQ in Davis - Done

Remove the ball-hog, me-first mentality of Jack - done

Get some shooting with grit in Kleiza - done (I don't care what ppl say, it was a good signing, not just by FIBA standards)

A brighter financial future by not touching the TPE and grabbing a massive expiring contract - done (perhaps)

Addressing the 3-point shooting by getting Peja - done (where is he?)

Removing a glut of ineffective wings for Mayo? - ???
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Tue Dec 7th, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    amir really plays center, davis is PF at best, amir+davis would be the best bet for the line
    Amir is not a centre. Where In the world did you get that idea? I agree davis is a pf. Bargnani is the C.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis reminds me of Chris Bosh the way hes limping up and down the court with that big brace. I dont think he's 100% he looks to get tierd very quick. Bargnani had a tough game but so did the whole team. If the raptors wings dont knock down shots it allows other teams to double Bargnani without worrying about him passing out. Raptors need wings who are confindent kocking down shots someone like Brandon Rush. Why do you think Hibbert is so effective its because Indiana has a bunch of shooters around him. When Weems and Derozan are just standing uslessly at the 3 point line with a combined 10 % 3 point shooting percantage you think teams will respect that ummm nooo, therefore they can easily double Bargnani without any worries. Don't be suprosied if more teams start realizig this. We need peja back as soon as possible to spread the floor. Who would of ever thought that looll...
    I reallly hope that Davis is having conditioning problems. I'm scared that the dude only has two speeds, first gear and first gear! After watching a few games I think he might fit in better in a half court offense and doesn't really mesh with the run and gun that we're pushing. He is slow. Sure he gets tip ins and likely has room to grow offensively in his post game, but the dude looks awkward even when he's running down the court. It'll be interesting to see how much his intensity changes when he gets in better shape. He plays best alongside Amir, not replacing him - they do different things.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Edited it to add a video of the exact clip. This was the "bright spot" in the game, need Andrea to show more of this swagger, but not towards small white guys.
    common arse. the guy showed frustration, take it for what it is.
    we always complain here the raps dont do this, the raps dont do that.
    when they actually do something, we still complain.

cheap shot but im fine with it. its about time the boys did something dirty. who cares if theyre being sore losers, the fact is theyre showing that theyre starting to get frustrated with losing. they should know its their fault for losing, but at least you can see theyre not just joking around and giggling like those boys in cleveland.

wouldve liked it more if andrea KOd Dunleavy after that pussy elbow, but trash talking is fine too.

i think its good that they dish out things like this once in a while, not to really hurt other players but just to send a message. I like how Andre Miller knocked down Griffin to the floor after griffin kept nudging miller on the back in 2 previous possessions. funny how after miller knocked griffin down, griffin backed off for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Dec 7th, 2010 at 10:40 AM.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh ... I love how Andrea has a couple off games within the last week and the mobs are out ready to write him off once again. I criticize him as much as the next guy, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Question his rebounding and team defence till your blue in the face, but he's still the best player we have. Demoting him to the bench is pure rubbish.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote steps wrote: View Post
    I reallly hope that Davis is having conditioning problems. I'm scared that the dude only has two speeds, first gear and first gear! After watching a few games I think he might fit in better in a half court offense and doesn't really mesh with the run and gun that we're pushing. He is slow. Sure he gets tip ins and likely has room to grow offensively in his post game, but the dude looks awkward even when he's running down the court. It'll be interesting to see how much his intensity changes when he gets in better shape. He plays best alongside Amir, not replacing him - they do different things.
    I wouldn't worry about it. The guy had a knee injury which required him to not move his leg at all for a while. If you count the D-league he has only played 5 or 6 games since he got hurt. It takes time to get into game shape, give him till after Christmas and I think you'll see a whole different Ed Davis.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha. Who cares who he heckled, he showed some emotion. That's got to happen more often. If he's getting tied up and cant' score, he needs to take it to people in the paint! Leave the sissy crap in Italy and toughen up. I like the taunting.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Pigs will fly before Davis replaces Bargnani in the starting lineup. The things you people come up with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Ugh ... I love how Andrea has a couple off games within the last week and the mobs are out ready to write him off once again. I criticize him as much as the next guy, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Question his rebounding and team defence till your blue in the face, but he's still the best player we have. Demoting him to the bench is pure rubbish.
    Bargnani's defense is below NBA standards and there is no evidence that it will ever get better.

Davis defense already is at NBA standards and will only get a lot better

You win in the NBA by having excellent team defense especially in the fourth quarter.

Davis is a better choice to start than Bargnani
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Michel G wrote: View Post
    Pigs will fly before Davis replaces Bargnani in the starting lineup. The things you people come up with.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's defense is below NBA standards and there is no evidence that it will ever get better.

Davis defense already is at NBA standards and will only get a lot better

You win in the NBA by having excellent team defense especially in the fourth quarter.

Davis is a better choice to start than Bargnani
    You also win games by putting the ball in the hoop.

I like Davis but he ain't ready yet. He makes Reggie's jumpshot look nice. Yeah the defense would be better but just thinking about where the scoring would come from in that starting unit scares me.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

with a starting 5 of Jose,Demar,Weems,Amir,Davis..... who exactly is supposed to score? who in the world would nail a jumper other then Jose? weve already got issues with teams clogging the paint as is.... this lineup u keep dreaming of Buddah has got to be the worst in Raps history & thats saying something... i really think u need to lay off the Kush.... Im a big believer in Defence but at what cost... what we need is players who are versatile enough to score in many ways & play hard nosed D... Teams like Celtics& Lakers never won there titles by having players who are redundant....& they sure as hell never won anything with a starting 5 lke that LOL

Kobe & MJ became the Legends they are by playing there asses off on both ends....both could torch u at any minute from anywere on the floor & both were lock down defenders... Kobe still does it
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Dec 7th, 2010 at 01:53 PM.

Page 122 of 527 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast

Thread Information