View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 125 of 527 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    I think as fans should be pleased, not with the amount, but how he was scoring. This is where the comparison to 'Dirk' comes from. His ability to score from all areas on the floor. His spot up shooting was amazing to watch. I 've never seen him more fluid and in rhythm than last night. If you watched that performance and was not pleased or acknowledged his skill then I am sorry your not a fan. He shot almost 70% yesterday on a combination of pull ups, threes, drive and pop and attacking the basket.

I am hoping that the departure of Bosh will allow Bargs to continue to grow into his own. We don't need him to get 10 boards a game. That point is moot if he can consistently bring a 20+ 7+ 7+ games and he can have a bruiser doing the work a la Evans.

And there seems to be a lot more going on with him. He is more emotional, fist pumping, he is more engaged, demanding the ball and is showing a great confidence level. I think a lot of people are being very short sided with his deficiencies right now because he can still have the opportunity to improve. Just like Dwight Howard how he had ZERO offensive game and now has developed it.

AND

His last three was almost spiritual how he hit that. Nice to see with the clock winding, pressure is on and he pops a three. wow.
    That last three (that he made) was soooo good. You could actually hear everyone in MSG go "awwww shiiiiiiit" when he chucked it up.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He played very well except for how he guarded Amare.
    Agreed. Actually, Bargs had 0 fouls. A couple of hard fouls on Amar'e would've made him think. Not flagrant but difficult, "you-can't-dance-in-the-paint" fouls.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

I would just love to see a few more blocks, but the guy is ballin'.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the beard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote teoserio wrote: View Post
    23 ppg and 7.6 are Dirk standard!
    Not this, though:
    19% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(2.8 of 3.6 per game), 0.2 BLK

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs wasn't the primary on Amare all night. He got him a few times on screens and switches but it started with Amir, then Davis and then that Linas at the 4 lineup (which we were getting killed on).

Great game by Bargs. The point total was nice but like someone else said above, it was HOW he was scoring that was nice. I'm hoping he can keep being a force all night every night on at least one end of the floor. For a while it felt like Il Mago's one trick was the ability to disappear. Glad he's figured out it isn't a crowd pleaser.

Post Thanks / Like

Minks, I saw Andrea on him a lot in the second half. Jack even commented on how badly he was playing him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be excellent to see Bargnani finish the season averaging around 22 to 24 ppg and close to 8 reb, but knowing Bargnani , he's too inconsistent to constantly put up 20 + points. Like I mentioned in another post, he could score 30 points one night and then score 12 the next. It is almost as if he can't have a good game unless he is shooting well. I like the fact that he is relying less on 3 pointers because one thing I couldn't stand was that he didn't get into the paint or drive to the basket, but rather stood behind the 3 point line and waited to take a three, most of which he bricked.

Post Thanks / Like

Minks, I saw Andrea on him a lot in the second half. Jack even commented on how badly he was playing him.
    Hopefully this demonstration will finally put an end to the "Bargnani should be a 4" debate. His offensive advantages disappear when being guarded by a 4 and his defensive shortcomings are magnified when guarding a 4. He is a 5, a true C. There is no way Bargnani should be tasked with guarding Stoudemire on D, especially when being asked to completely carry the scoring load.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He also needs to get to the line more. Vs the Knicks on December 5th, he had no trips to the line and only had 12 points to show for it. Free throws are an easy way to pad your stats, especially for a player like Bargnani who is a good FT shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying they didn't pair off, just that AB and AS weren't specifically matched up vs one another the whole game. In the fourth when Amare started throwing it down he was going over and around LK and Jose (of all people, this switching the pg onto a forward with deep post position thing Jay keeps running HAS to stop). When Bargs had AS he was playing off of him forcing Stoudemire to take (and make) the shot from the free throw elbow for the most part.

No one on this team dishes hard fouls.

Post Thanks / Like

uh, Bargs is NOT a true 5. He's a stretch centre if you want to go there but a TRUE 5 operates on the block and gets boards.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

For discussion:

Nov.
    21 PPG, 5.3 REB, 45% FG PCT, 38% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(4.1 of 5.0 per game), 0.4 AST/TO, 0.5 STL, 0.8 BLK, 3.2 PF

Dec.
    23 PPG, 7.6 REB, 55% FG PCT, 19% 3PT PCT, 80% FT PCT(2.8 of 3.6 per game), 1.2 AST/TO, 0.8 STL, 0.2 BLK, 3.0 PF
    He needs to hit his threes, and attack the basket more. On quite a few occasions in the paint, after the pump-fake, instead of going 'onto' the defender he went for the easy two, could get a lot more three point plays. Talking about three point plays, his free-throws per game went down also because he's been getting three point plays quite a bit now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    uh, Bargs is NOT a true 5. He's a stretch centre if you want to go there but a TRUE 5 operates on the block and gets boards.
    I didn't say his game was that of a traditional C, but he is NOT a PF, he is a legit C. He can't play the 4.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Andrea Bargnani is the third most searched person on yahoo today

Dropping 41 points, boy is getting some respect!!

TRENDING NOW
    1.Jessica Simpson
    2.Stedman Graham
    3.Andrea Bargnani
    4.Mortgage rates
    5.Ski rentals
    6.Lady Gaga
    7.Howard Stern
    8.Transformers 3
    9.Paris snow
    10.iPod Touch

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

loljessica simpson?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked 10 minutes later and Bargnani was actually number 1.

His trade value now is at his highest it will ever be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Dropping 41 points, boy is getting some respect!!

TRENDING NOW
    1.Jessica Simpson
    2.Stedman Graham
    3.Andrea Bargnani
    4.Mortgage rates
    5.Ski rentals
    6.Lady Gaga
    7.Howard Stern
    8.Transformers 3
    9.Paris snow
    10.iPod Touch
    Damn. People are more interested in Bargnani than in saving their home.

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't he play the 4 again? He's not slow. He can score from anywhere on the floor. He has very good hands for a big man. If Chris Bosh can play the 4 then Andrea Bargnani can play the 4 and really on most nights, there's no difference between the 4 and 5 in the league right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he needs to go up strong in the paint. I hate those weak ass turnaround fades he sometimes does from like five feet away from the bucket. It's like sometimes he forgets he's 7'0", 260lbs.

Thread Information