View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 150 of 527 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #2981
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My problem isn't necessarily his defense as there are plenty of other players (Calderon, Kleiza, DeRozan) who are equally as bad on defense. The issue I have with him is that he is just so damn lazy. He constantly lets guys just go to the rim and collect offensive boards because his is either too lazy or too stupid to box them out. I watched a total of about 5 minutes of last nights game during the third when it was still a close game and he must have missed about 4 or 5 or his box outs. I mean 4 or 5 a game is inexcusable but I could live with it. But in five minutes. Awful.
    Deadallus

  2. #2982
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's old news, Andrea doesn't have the eye of the tiger. He's not a natural competitor.

    However, any trade should bring back some good assets.

    How about Bargs and Solomon for Mayo and Thabeet.

    or Bargs and Jose for Mayo and a 1rst rounder.

  3. #2983
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    It's old news, Andrea doesn't have the eye of the tiger. He's not a natural competitor.

    However, any trade should bring back some good assets.

    How about Bargs and Solomon for Mayo and Thabeet.

    or Bargs and Jose for Mayo and a 1rst rounder.
    Those aren't good trades. We would have a gaping hole at the 5 spot. And Mayo isn't THAT good.

  4. #2984
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Those aren't good trades. We would have a gaping hole at the 5 spot. And Mayo isn't THAT good.
    We already have a gaping hole at the 5 defensively. It's name is bargnani.

  5. #2985
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Problem is he is a BYC player so his trade value is only about $4.5M. Useless to trade.
    I've heard this before. I'm just wondering, could this be to our advantage as well? Let's say he's earning his $9.5 Mil, wouldn't that be harder to move? Wouldn't we have to take players we don't want to even the salaries within 125% of each other? Couldn't we get a very good young player in his rookie contract for him? I'm just wondering.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  6. #2986
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Or Bargs and Jose for Stephen Currie and Louis Amundson

  7. #2987
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry, I forgot to add the whole TPE to make it work.

  8. #2988
    Raptors Republic Starter Pele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mud
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thinking about the latter trade...Check out the Amundson block party on Gasol and Bynum.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AxyP42yhxw&feature=fvw

    Curry and Amundson for Jose and Bargs. Heck, I'd even take Biedrins and throw in Sonny to make it work.

    As far as I'm concerned, the only untouchables are Davis, Demar, Wright (yeah, him) and the two 1rst rounders.

  9. #2989
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "What have you done for me lately, anyone?"

    Where were the haters when he was averaging 25+ppg, shooting over 50%, and the Raps were sniffing at the playoffs when he came back from calf issue? Where were the haters when he was drilling shots with under a minute left to keep the Raps in games or help win games? It is quite obvious he is not himself - besides his normal defeciencies. Knees? Calf again?

    He has a good contract for a 2nd or 3rd option - which is what he is. He is not a franchise player. Anyone who says otherwise is idiotic and should be ignored.

    The Raptors are 6 months in to a rebuild with the 2nd youngest roster in the league with some promising pieces, cap flexibility, draft picks, and $10.8 or $12.2M in TPE (depends what happens with Ajinca) with a trade deadline and draft to go.

    This season is obviously lost from a W-L perspective. No one on this roster is untouchable and if the right deal comes along you do it. But considering Bargnani's strengths, you don't ship him out for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.

    Hopefully the Raps get a true future star in the draft, free agency, or trade to put Bargnani in a supporting role where he belongs and not cast as the leading man. Also other guys currently on the team need to step up their game and continue to improve as well.

    The ORL game was a sh!t show on so many levels. The only guy who played well was Amir but even he picked up 4 fouls in 16 minutes. DD did nothing in the second half despite 16 points. Bayless played with the most poise and confidence but as usual he forced the issue a number of times. Gaines showed he can score and has no problem looking for his own shot - the question is can he set up others? I would imagine he'll get another 10 days to show he can.

    Seems the last 39 games are going to be painful for many followers

  10. #2990
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    totally agree with matt. just wait until next season when we have him and davis starting with either a upgrade at pg or sf (hopefully both but we'll see). bargs is what bargs is and thats a pure scorer with little to no defensive talent. get over it. as derozen blossoms and whoever we draft/sign develops the team as a whole will continue to get better.

  11. #2991
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    "What have you done for me lately, anyone?"

    Where were the haters when he was averaging 25+ppg, shooting over 50%, and the Raps were sniffing at the playoffs when he came back from calf issue? Where were the haters when he was drilling shots with under a minute left to keep the Raps in games or help win games? It is quite obvious he is not himself - besides his normal defeciencies. Knees? Calf again?

    He has a good contract for a 2nd or 3rd option - which is what he is. He is not a franchise player. Anyone who says otherwise is idiotic and should be ignored.

    The Raptors are 6 months in to a rebuild with the 2nd youngest roster in the league with some promising pieces, cap flexibility, draft picks, and $10.8 or $12.2M in TPE (depends what happens with Ajinca) with a trade deadline and draft to go.

    This season is obviously lost from a W-L perspective. No one on this roster is untouchable and if the right deal comes along you do it. But considering Bargnani's strengths, you don't ship him out for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.

    Hopefully the Raps get a true future star in the draft, free agency, or trade to put Bargnani in a supporting role where he belongs and not cast as the leading man. Also other guys currently on the team need to step up their game and continue to improve as well.

    The ORL game was a sh!t show on so many levels. The only guy who played well was Amir but even he picked up 4 fouls in 16 minutes. DD did nothing in the second half despite 16 points. Bayless played with the most poise and confidence but as usual he forced the issue a number of times. Gaines showed he can score and has no problem looking for his own shot - the question is can he set up others? I would imagine he'll get another 10 days to show he can.

    Seems the last 39 games are going to be painful for many followers
    Thank go there are fans out there that can see reality! We just need to ride it out .

  12. #2992
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if it wasn't bargs, you'd all find something else ridiculous to cry about.

  13. #2993
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Another thread? There's a thread like this every time he has a bad game.

    Trading him won't improve anything, because we won't be able to get anything back which is better than him. If there is a good trade involving Bargnani which improves this team, then yeah. But no one has been able to find a trade which both teams would accept and would make us any better.
    I'm pretty BC said he was offered deals for Barney, that neither you nor I know how could it could have been b/c we don't know what team wanted him. The real reason is because of BC, he isn't going to leave but unfortunately if we wanna avoid mediocrity, we need him AND Barney out the door.

  14. #2994
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    It's old news, Andrea doesn't have the eye of the tiger. He's not a natural competitor.

    However, any trade should bring back some good assets.

    How about Bargs and Solomon for Mayo and Thabeet.

    or Bargs and Jose for Mayo and a 1rst rounder.
    Solomon? I'm pretty sure we don't have Solomon, and you can't just throw any trade out there, you have to make it work, otherwise it's just spam.

  15. #2995
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wait what happened to solo?

  16. #2996
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    Or Bargs and Jose for Stephen Currie and Louis Amundson
    No way Golden STate goes for that (they're very high on Curry), and the salaries don't work at all. Golden would be taking back WAY more salary. And the TPE only works going the OTHER way. It would allow the Raptors to take on more salary, not the other way around.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  17. #2997
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    even as a 2nd or 3rd option, he doesnt have the competitiveness in him to win.

    look at boston's entire stating line-up ... all 5 guys play hard on both ends... and they still didnt win.

    look at how the pistons and spurs won... all 5 starters and most of then bench had the hunger...

    doesnt mean you have to hit every shot, but on DEFENSE you have to play hard, and i dont think bargs will ever do that for an entire game, let alone a 7 game series.

    i dont think you can win when you have a rashard lewis, andrea bargnani, type player who plays only when he feels like it, and only on offense.

  18. #2998
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've heard people throwing it out there he's a BYC player (Base Year COmpensation) but that simply isn't true. The BYC tag only applies if the team that resigned the player is over the salary cap. We are not.

    And regardless. Bryan Colangelo will NOT trade him. I can guarentee you that. So quit it already. There's 134 threads already about trading him. Do we need ANOTHER one? Geezus guys. Find something constructive to talk about. This is unbelievable. Shows who really is a fan, and who's just pissed that they don't live in Boston.

    GO RAPS GO! (As we are currently assembled!)
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22nd, 2011 at 01:49 PM.

  19. #2999
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've heard people throwing it out there he's a BYC player (Base Year COmpensation) but that simply isn't true. The BYC tag only applies if the team that resigned the player is over the salary cap. We are not.

    And regardless. Bryan Colangelo will NOT trade him. I can guarentee you that. So quit it already. There's 134 threads already about trading him. Do we need ANOTHER one? Geezus guys. Find something constructive to talk about. This is unbelievable. Shows who really is a fan, and who's just pissed that they don't live in Boston.

    GO RAPS GO! (As we are currently assembled!)
    Actually you are incorrect. The Raptors payroll is around $66 million at the moment, which is over the cap. Bargnani is a BYC player.

    And unless you are Colangelo himself, it's really hard to guarantee he won't trade him. It's becoming more and more obvious to many fans (thank goodness) that trading Bargnani is probably the best thing for the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Colangelo starts coming to that conclusion soon, if he hasn't already.

    And real fans want their team to win and find ways to help the team do that. If you're happy with your favourite team losing, I wouldn't consider that being a real fan.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  20. #3000
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Actually you are incorrect. The Raptors payroll is around $66 million at the moment, which is over the cap. Bargnani is a BYC player.

    And unless you are Colangelo himself, it's really hard to guarantee he won't trade him. It's becoming more and more obvious to many fans (thank goodness) that trading Bargnani is probably the best thing for the franchise. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Colangelo starts coming to that conclusion soon, if he hasn't already.

    And real fans want their team to win and find ways to help the team do that. If you're happy with your favourite team losing, I wouldn't consider that being a real fan.
    We just lost $14 mil of our Salary... Our Team salary now sits at around $52mil... So no.. we are not.

    Just because some impatient fans want him traded doesn't mean he will be traded. I think most people would still like to see Bargs do well as a Rap.

    And I do want my team to do well. And I am not 'Happy' with my team losing either. But I also understand that bitching about it isn't going to do a damn thing. So instead I take it for what it is. Every sport has bad teams. Right now we are bad. Soon, we will be goodish. Then we might even be really good. But then we'll be bad again. And the cycle continues.
    I just enjoy the sport and I enjoy the personalities that are our team. IF they are traded, then I will support the incoming faces. But until then, I DON'T think that these threads are all that indicative of a supportive fan. A true SUPPORTER, in my opinion anyway, wishes to well with what we have, and leaves the behind the scenes bullshit to the Suits. Threads like these make one look as if they want changes NOW because we got our asses kicked.
    We SUCK! Get over it. Give it time. It's a process. One that isn't helped by trading your leading scorer.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22nd, 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •