View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 152 of 528 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Before our team couldnt defend, but atleast it could score, these days we cant even score. Triano is losing control of the team, they dont play inspired for him, he has been coaching for almost 2 full years now and there has been a decline in performance. Its time for him to go, and if BC doesnt pull the trigger then we gotta replace BC too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Before our team couldnt defend, but atleast it could score, these days we cant even score. Triano is losing control of the team, they dont play inspired for him, he has been coaching for almost 2 full years now and there has been a decline in performance. Its time for him to go, and if BC doesnt pull the trigger then we gotta replace BC too.
    Let Triano finish out the season. Let him go quietly. But yes, I agree.
    I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Jay and his knowledge of the game, and it's no coincidence why Coach K and D'antoni selected him for their USA program.

Post Thanks / Like

A new coach won't do anything now.

The guys continue to play hard and there is a wealth of knowledge on the staff.

I'm not sure Phil Jackson would get more from this team.

Come the summer, a change in command is definitely a very strong consideration.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A new coach won't do anything now.

The guys continue to play hard and there is a wealth of knowledge on the staff.

I'm not sure Phil Jackson would get more from this team.

Come the summer, a change in command is definitely a very strong consideration.
    I'm not saying fire him, I'm confused because it was such a bad decision that no one questioned it. Jack Armstrong was criticizing the refs and not on JT decision making. Not to mention switching on screens when Lebron was playing the pick and roll was a terrible decision that I've rarely seen this season (I watched all Miami's games and defenders go under the screen daring Lebron to shoot) but we've got an assistant as a head coach and surely the players know that. One of the simplest principles of basketball is to create a mismatch (usually with a screen) and when you place your worst defender on two bad knees to cover the best player in the world you are basically giving 2 pts away. If we AS FANS know this what do you think the players are thinking about JT?
    They quit on him last year in a playoff chase when Lebron had a "source" (Bosh lol) that told him they quit and they are doing the same this year. I was saying JT should have been fired after the collapse but now it's too late. Tank the season to give us a shot at Kyrie Iriving or Perry Jones.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its not about x's and o's its about getting the most out of your guys, I know people think that the raptors play hard, but this is a numbers game and right now we aren't seeing any. PJ Carlesimo has proven that he can coach good team defense, I think the sooner the change happens the better. Triano has been given enough time and the team seems to be degressing. Look at a coach like larry brown he was in charlotte for one year, within that year charlotte ended up being top 5 in the league defensively (last year). No doubt triano knows his basketball, but is he a good leader? Has he been able to get the team to buy into anything in the last 164 games, I dont think so. So why waste time, get rid of him, get PJ or Larry Brown.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep JT, we need this guy.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last few minutes of the game last night, lebron was getting so much help from the refs. I have never seen so many bullsh*t calls go to a star player before. Whenever a raptor breathed on lebron it was a foul. I think jay did not have a choice but to go with bargs; hoping that he would play a bit off lebron and force him to shoot the ball. The problem was the bargs played to tight and allowed James to blow by him in the 4th.

I can see what jay was trying to do, but it just didn't work out

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack Armstrong and fans shouldn't be complaining about calls Lebron and other superstars get because that's just how it is in the NBA. All stars get calls (ask Garnett about Kevin Durant), it's a reality all teams deal with when playing Lebron. And JT had options, Julian Wright was not in foul trouble. He chose to favor offense instead of defense despite the fact that you need to make stops in order to make a comeback.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

its not about x's and o's its about getting the most out of your guys, I know people think that the raptors play hard, but this is a numbers game and right now we aren't seeing any. PJ Carlesimo has proven that he can coach good team defense, I think the sooner the change happens the better. Triano has been given enough time and the team seems to be degressing. Look at a coach like larry brown he was in charlotte for one year, within that year charlotte ended up being top 5 in the league defensively (last year). No doubt triano knows his basketball, but is he a good leader? Has he been able to get the team to buy into anything in the last 164 games, I dont think so. So why waste time, get rid of him, get PJ or Larry Brown.
    People are jumping on the "let's blame Triano bus" way too quickly. The team has been completely decimated by injuries, they have one of the youngest and most inexperienced rosters in the league, and unfortunately with some of the least amount of talent. The best scorer can't defend or rebound, the best rebounder can't score and the best defender can't shoot. Flawed doesn't begin to describe this roster.

They play hard in most games, but with the roster the way it is right now, you could go back in time and grab a Red Auerbach in his coaching prime and he wouldn't make much of a difference with this team.

Triano has made his fair share of mistakes, and I completely disagree with putting Bargnani on LeBron, but it doesn't mean he was wrong. I have no idea what the reasoning was behind it, but since he knows far, far more about basketball than any of us, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

The bottom line is that Triano has done what he can in a no-win situation. Like the players, he has developed as a coach in the 2 years he's been the head coach. He's learned from his mistakes as everyone does.

And anyone that thinks PJ Carlesimo or Larry Brown is the solution should give their head a shake. Both are excellent coaches, but neither is going to solve the Raptor's woes. Carlesimo was fired in a similar situation in Seattle when Kevin Durant was in his rookie season. Larry Brown certainly didn't help make the Knicks into anything and failed in Charlotte this season. Coaches are not cure-alls.

Coaches can't make bad players into good ones. They can't make players who don't care about defense into good defensive players. They can't make lazy players into hustlers. They can't win with bad team. Each coach has his strengths and his weaknesses. Phil Jackson has been criticized because of his inability to handle Kobe, something that he left up to Tex Winter when he was on staff. Winter also handled a lot of the x's and o's.

I see absolutely no point in firing Triano now or this summer. There's really be no point. It's not like a change of coach is going to make Bargnani play defense. Maybe Triano is not the coach that can take the team to a Championship, but replacing him in mid-rebuild is pointless.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    People are jumping on the "let's blame Triano bus" way too quickly. The team has been completely decimated by injuries, they have one of the youngest and most inexperienced rosters in the league, and unfortunately with some of the least amount of talent. The best scorer can't defend or rebound, the best rebounder can't score and the best defender can't shoot. Flawed doesn't begin to describe this roster.

They play hard in most games, but with the roster the way it is right now, you could go back in time and grab a Red Auerbach in his coaching prime and he wouldn't make much of a difference with this team.

Triano has made his fair share of mistakes, and I completely disagree with putting Bargnani on LeBron, but it doesn't mean he was wrong. I have no idea what the reasoning was behind it, but since he knows far, far more about basketball than any of us, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

The bottom line is that Triano has done what he can in a no-win situation. Like the players, he has developed as a coach in the 2 years he's been the head coach. He's learned from his mistakes as everyone does.

And anyone that thinks PJ Carlesimo or Larry Brown is the solution should give their head a shake. Both are excellent coaches, but neither is going to solve the Raptor's woes. Carlesimo was fired in a similar situation in Seattle when Kevin Durant was in his rookie season. Larry Brown certainly didn't help make the Knicks into anything and failed in Charlotte this season. Coaches are not cure-alls.

Coaches can't make bad players into good ones. They can't make players who don't care about defense into good defensive players. They can't make lazy players into hustlers. They can't win with bad team. Each coach has his strengths and his weaknesses. Phil Jackson has been criticized because of his inability to handle Kobe, something that he left up to Tex Winter when he was on staff. Winter also handled a lot of the x's and o's.

I see absolutely no point in firing Triano now or this summer. There's really be no point. It's not like a change of coach is going to make Bargnani play defense. Maybe Triano is not the coach that can take the team to a Championship, but replacing him in mid-rebuild is pointless.
    I am pretty sure PJ was fired early into Durant's second year. They still finished 23-59 that season.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure PJ was fired early into Durant's second year. They still finished 23-59 that season.
    Yes, he was. I meant to say that PJ was Durant's coach for his rookie season. The team obviously didn't do well, winning 20 games that year.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, he was. I meant to say that PJ was Durant's coach for his rookie season. The team obviously didn't do well, winning 20 games that year.
    I agree with Tim, we have essentially given JT a big heaping turd of a team and asked him to make a diamond out of it. He's trying his best, and he too is still a rookie coach in the NBA. I'm sure he's learning from each game just like the players are. We will get better each year. People overlook the fact that PJ doesn't exactly have a storied NBA career either.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with not firing him, all I'm saying is he's making mistakes a rookie head coach doesn't and he's 3 years in the job. The team has taken the identity of the coach and GM and doesn't even care about defense. The blame can only be placed on the players or the coach. Either the players don't want to play defense or the coach isn't coaching defense. Watching Bosh play the best defense of his career in Miami and Hedo play defense in Orlando leads me to believe it's more on coaching. The Raptors were a middle-of-the-pack defensive team prior to JT and now 2 years bottom of the league. Fans blame Bargnani but his off-court numbers are still terrible compared to the rest of the league. You may think I'm placing all the blame on JT but that's not the case. It's the system which emphasizes offense and pace which is causing this. Colangelo's style of play is the true cause of this but it doesn't excuse JT from making horrible decisions like placing Andrea on Lebron

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ibzilla wrote: View Post
    I agree with not firing him, all I'm saying is he's making mistakes a rookie head coach doesn't and he's 3 years in the job. The team has taken the identity of the coach and GM and doesn't even care about defense. The blame can only be placed on the players or the coach. Either the players don't want to play defense or the coach isn't coaching defense. Watching Bosh play the best defense of his career in Miami and Hedo play defense in Orlando leads me to believe it's more on coaching. The Raptors were a middle-of-the-pack defensive team prior to JT and now 2 years bottom of the league. Fans blame Bargnani but his off-court numbers are still terrible compared to the rest of the league. You may think I'm placing all the blame on JT but that's not the case. It's the system which emphasizes offense and pace which is causing this. Colangelo's style of play is the true cause of this but it doesn't excuse JT from making horrible decisions like placing Andrea on Lebron
    Decisions are made based on matchups and moments in games. Im sure JT had a reason for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Think about who played. Who was going to guard him?

Calderon? Did on switches but no.
    Demar? Would be abused in the post - and wouldn't be able to keep him in front anyways.
    Wright? Tried it at the start - abused.
    Johnson? Possible but he would have fouled out in 4 1/2 minutes.
    Davis? Talk about throwing your rookie under the bus.
    Gaines? More of a shot than Calderon but no.
    Bayless? Try again.
    Alabi? LOL - did you see ORL?

Bargnani got it by default. You might as well give LeBron his and stop everyone else.

That strategy actually got them back to single digits in the 4th quarter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabi on James?
    I am not saying Alabi on James. I am saying, if you don't have enough players playing and there is a healthy player on the bench, play him a few minutes to give others rest. No matter how badly he plays, as long as he try hard he will break the ice and can only get better. What do you have to lose anyway? We were getting beat!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I am not saying Alabi on James. I am saying, if you don't have enough players playing and there is a healthy player on the bench, play him a few minutes to give others rest. No matter how badly he plays, as long as he try hard he will break the ice and can only get better. What do you have to lose anyway? We were getting beat!
    Alabi said he didnt wanna play

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    We would suck with curry and beidreis on the team (our front line wouldn't have a guy who wieghed more then 230 pounds What a F__kin joke). This spin a trade dial is for 2 year olds.
    Yes Bargnani plays defense like he's 150.

Frank ya need to cut back on the caffeine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    Tim W just because you write a blog doesn't give you the right to be an arse.
    That's true. You don't write a blog and you're doing it!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information