View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 182 of 528 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 10552

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    And yet they still lost.
    Ya, and that's all Bargs fault...

The reason we lost was because of horrible superstar call/no calls and Jose chucking late when he clearly didn't have "it".

BTW They went to bargs wayy too late, why the fuck wasn't he in the game in the late 3rd when they needed a run and why didn't they get him the ball more in early 4th when he was the hottest offensive player in the game.

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    At the beginning of the 4th he had 20 points and 1 rebound (I think), crazy.
    He didn't need to rebound. Ed/Amir were literally getting everything especially on the defensive end.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Feb 17th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

The reason we lost was because of horrible superstar call/no calls and Jose chucking late when he clearly didn't have "it".

BTW They went to bargs wayy too late, why the fuck wasn't he in the game in the late 3rd when they needed a run and why didn't they get him the ball more in early 4th when he was the hottest offensive player in the game.

He didn't need to rebound. Ed/Amir were literally getting everything especially on the defensive end.
    Honestly man, Jose F-d us so bad. It's like he was making a case for "trade me now"

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do Bargnani fans always assume criticism of him means we are blaming him entirely for a loss? Bargnani had a GREAT offensive game. But it was negated somewhat by a poor showing on the boards and at the defensive end. And unfortunately that's the norm for Bargnani. There were a multitude of reasons the Raptors lost last night. Bad shooting among everyone outside of DeRozan and Bargnani was one of them, but so was allowing Miami to shoot 49% from the field and giving up 8 more rebounds.

Bad shooting sometimes happens. Calderon took open shots and missed them. Normally, he hits them. In basketball, you HAVE to take shots like that if you're open. You can live with him missing good shots he normally makes. He probably took a couple too many, but it's hard to bash Calderon unless you also bashed Bargnani for doing a much worse 5-24 or 3-15.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Why do Bargnani fans always assume criticism of him means we are blaming him entirely for a loss? Bargnani had a GREAT offensive game. But it was negated somewhat by a poor showing on the boards and at the defensive end. And unfortunately that's the norm for Bargnani. There were a multitude of reasons the Raptors lost last night. Bad shooting among everyone outside of DeRozan and Bargnani was one of them, but so was allowing Miami to shoot 49% from the field and giving up 8 more rebounds.

Bad shooting sometimes happens. Calderon took open shots and missed them. Normally, he hits them. In basketball, you HAVE to take shots like that if you're open. You can live with him missing good shots he normally makes. He probably took a couple too many, but it's hard to bash Calderon unless you also bashed Bargnani for doing a much worse 5-24 or 3-15.
    In that situation when you NEED points you shouldn't take a shot no matter how open you are early in the shot clock when Bargs and Demar are shooting lights out and you've been in a shooting slump for 10+ games.

Post Thanks / Like

In that situation when you NEED points you shouldn't take a shot no matter how open you are early in the shot clock when Bargs and Demar are shooting lights out and you've been in a shooting slump for 10+ games.
    You could be right. I don't recall what the shot clock was for most of the shots, but I do recall a couple of times it was early. Still, to blame him for the loss is a little harsh, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

38 points is certainly uncommon and not to be expected every night. With that said, how Bargnani played last night and how Amir and Davis played (11 and 13 rebs) is what makes me curious about the future of the Raps WITH Bargnani. A defensive minded, rebounding SF makes things very interesting, IMO.

The guy only had 4 rebounds but, as this point has been mentioned many times, if a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.
    Solid point.

PS. You get a promotion there SuperMod?! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    PS. You get a promotion there SuperMod?! haha
    Kind of - twice the work with half the pay. I'm arm-wrestling Apollo at lunch for the corner, window office on the top floor though - lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of - twice the work with half the pay. I'm arm-wrestling Apollo at lunch for the corner, window office on the top floor though - lol.
    You guys get paid?! hahah
    Arm-wrestling, eh? Anything like 'Over the Top' with Sly Stallone? That movie is epic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Arm-wrestling, eh? Anything like 'Over the Top' with Sly Stallone? That movie is epic.
    YO, that was good.

Remember- Cobra?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing over the top here is the Bargnani craze.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Aafter looking at the crowd yesterday I would say that the most jerseys i saw were bosh jerseys, followed by Bargs, followed by Dero, followed by Vince.
    Last edited by Multipaul; Thu Feb 17th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

38 points is certainly uncommon and not to be expected every night. With that said, how Bargnani played last night and how Amir and Davis played (11 and 13 rebs) is what makes me curious about the future of the Raps WITH Bargnani. A defensive minded, rebounding SF makes things very interesting, IMO.

The guy only had 4 rebounds but, as this point has been mentioned many times, if a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.
    Defense has to come from everyone, though. Especially those on your front line. You can conceivably make up for his poor rebounding numbers (although I'd debate that), but you can't make up for him being a liability on the defensive end.

If he scored 30 or more on a consistent basis, then I can see thinking about a future with him. But he doesn't.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

gotta agree.. the bargs hate goes overboard.. im a big fan of everything getting dumped into this mega-thread.. for those of us who are sorta in the middle of the whole pro-bargs/anti-bargs argument, the board was getting ridiculous with the amount of either unrequited fan love or vitriolic haterade

its tough to be the middle ground on the argument here... try to big up bargs, the haters jump down your throat... be critical of bargs, the fan boys jump down your throat... and when the board was dominated with the two extremes, i kinda preferred going into that miscellaneous german forum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Defense has to come from everyone, though. Especially those on your front line. You can conceivably make up for his poor rebounding numbers (although I'd debate that), but you can't make up for him being a liability on the defensive end.

If he scored 30 or more on a consistent basis, then I can see thinking about a future with him. But he doesn't.
    Good points. But I'm not ready to throw him to the trash heap just yet.

Next year at the trade deadline could very well be a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    It's tough for some posters guys. Alot of us like Bargs. Now most of the moderators are advocates of trading him or belittling him in all of your posts.

That doesn't really create a welcome environment for new posters who might get turned off by the hate-on for their fav player.

FYI, after looking at the crowd yesterday I would say that the most jerseys i saw were bosh jerseys, followed by Bargs, followed by Dero, followed by Vince.

Alot of people like Bargs, if moderators that hate bargs are calling the shots, what is the point?

Maybe this should be in a diff forum, I dunno, it has to do with Bargnani though.
    Multipaul,

You know this isn't the location for it. You know the appropriate location for it. You already have a thread there at your disposal even:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Thread-Merging

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    gotta agree.. the bargs hate goes overboard.. im a big fan of everything getting dumped into this mega-thread.. for those of us who are sorta in the middle of the whole pro-bargs/anti-bargs argument, the board was getting ridiculous with the amount of either unrequited fan love or vitriolic haterade

its tough to be the middle ground on the argument here... try to big up bargs, the haters jump down your throat... be critical of bargs, the fan boys jump down your throat... and when the board was dominated with the two extremes, i kinda preferred going into that miscellaneous german forum
    I meant it in a light hearted way. There has never been a Raptor that has been so loved and disliked at the same time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Multipaul,

You know this isn't the location for it. You know the appropriate location for it.
    Ur right, I just fixed my original post to take out the stuff that belongs elsewhere.

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I love how

When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened. Wow, Bargnani is was to under appreaciated and I hate to say this but Toronto Fans (specfically the ones on this site) don't deserve you Andrea.

His play speaks for itself so I don't need to defend him, just want to point out how delusional fans and media are towards Andrea... the ones who even mention him in the same sentence as players such as ed davis and amir johnshon no offense to both those players there serviceable players, but lets be real! Plus some of the articles Iv read about him make me wonder if these writers even require any qualifactions before they can write such garbage opinions.

PS I hope Andrea plays like shit the rest of the way ONLY because you fans derseve it.. Lets be real its what you expect anyway.

End of rant!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened. Wow, Bargnani is was to under appreaciated and I hate to say this but Toronto Fans (specfically the ones on this site) don't deserve you Andrea.

His play speaks for itself so I don't need to defend him, just want to point out how delusional fans and media are towards Andrea... the ones who even mention him in the same sentence as players such as ed davis and amir johnshon no offense to both those players there serviceable players, but lets be real! Plus some of the articles Iv read about him make me wonder if these writers even require any qualifactions before they can write such garbage opinions.

PS I hope Andrea plays like shit the rest of the way ONLY because you fans derseve it.. Lets be real its what you expect anyway.

End of rant!
    please prove your point, otherwise we have nothing to trade except insults (ie. wow too lazy to prove evidence, just like your favorite player go blow yourself)

and i have a question for you? do you care more about the team or andrea b/c your last sentence there makes me think the latter.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened.

End of rant!
    its really simple why you see this.

first we are on the east coast so the long time basketball fans that visit this forum have probably grew up on new york, Detroit, and big 10 basketball games which have a long history of tough defense. That history shapes alot of peoples views, with that in mind we as a fan base naturally expect defense because defense wins championships so when a player like bargnani only plays the offensive side of the ball has a bad game that makes him useless because he plays next to no D. The educated fan understands his limitations and likes what he does when he is on but wants defense first and foremost. So to answer your question bargnani is a player that is not loved but tolerated.
    Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Feb 18th, 2011 at 03:13 AM.

Thread Information