View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    8 6.50%
  • B

    47 38.21%
  • C

    29 23.58%
  • D

    18 14.63%
  • F

    21 17.07%
Page 187 of 526 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #3721
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If Bargs didn't get the O back on track we'd of lost the game, Jose's O and Amir's D lead to the lead being cut from 17 to 3 in 10 min.
    If DeMar didn't help carry the offense in the first half, the Raptors wouldn't have gotten the big lead they did. And without his big shot with less than 2 minutes left, when New Orleans had some momentum, the Raptors lose. Without Ed Davis coming in to replace a useless Bargnani in the first half, the Raptors don't get the lead. Without James Johnson coming up big on defense and on the boards, the Raptors don't win.

    EVERYONE had a big part in the Raptor's win.

    The best player on the court tonight was Jose Calderon. The second best player on the court was probably Amir Johnson.

    If you want to say Bargnani hit some big shots in the fourth, great. No one can argue with that. But Bargnani missed as many shots as he made in the fourth (he went 3-6), including finishing the game 1 for 3. And the last 3 Raptors to score were Calderon (6 points), Amir, and DeRozan, so saying he CARRIED the team is, well, crap. Sorry. That's the only word I could think of.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #3722
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

    BTW 3 of Jose's point came off the Bargs assist and Bargs also took a charge in mid/late 4th.

  3. #3723
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    True that. Where are all the Amir haters now who said that BC over paid for his contract?
    Writing for ESPN.

  4. #3724
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    How does someone get twice as many blocks as your Center gets rebounds? Does anyone else find that frustrating! I mean don't get me wrong. I love the blocks but come on, 3 rebounds from a 7 footer? What gives?
    What are you, new?

  5. #3725
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

    BTW 3 of Jose's point came off the Bargs assist and Bargs also took a charge in mid/late 4th.
    You fan boys are ridiculous. And you wonder why people don't respect what you say.

    Bargnani was a non-presence tonight at either end.

    I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).

  6. #3726
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    You fan boys are ridiculous. And you wonder why people don't respect what you say.

    Bargnani was a non-presence tonight at either end.

    I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).
    And the "fans boys" should respect comments like this?

    Andrea was still not recovered from the flu and playing less than 100%. We all know that we want more rebounds from him and better defense, but he did affect the game, his presence on the floor does open it it up for teammates and he did draw a great charge late in the game. Did he play great, no, does he deserve all the crap he gets, no, does he deserve all the unconditional love he get. no.

  7. #3727
    Raptors Republic Rookie Liston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jamesk wrote: View Post
    He's not in his mid-twenties yet and he will get better and better. His prime is on the horizon. Trade him now and you'll all be screaming "never trade a big man before he's finished developing".
    Andrea Bargnani is 25 (thus, "mid-twenties"). Players usually have developed by now (yes, they sometimes get a bit bitter 26-28, but not materially).

    Sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Bargnani
    "We find that player performance in the NBA tends to peak around 24 and 25. There is a small decline until the late 20s, and then a faster decline in the 30s."
    http://3sob.com/archives/49-april-20...bling-on-winsq

  8. #3728
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    And the "fans boys" should respect comments like this?

    Andrea was still not recovered from the flu and playing less than 100%. We all know that we want more rebounds from him and better defense, but he did affect the game, his presence on the floor does open it it up for teammates and he did draw a great charge late in the game. Did he play great, no, does he deserve all the crap he gets, no, does he deserve all the unconditional love he get. no.
    Oh I don't expect the blind to suddenly see. I by no means think the fan boys would respect a comments like that, because they are convinced he somehow had an impact on the game. I mean if him standing around the 3pt line makes him a presence...

    Last nights game was a slightly below average game from Bargnani. Nothing more nothing less.

  9. #3729
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default





    the team won, yet the whiney vaginas still have to cry.. a couple legit arguments, but for the most part this just ridiculous

    this blatant bargs hating belongs in the bargs thread with the rest of the bargs BS

  10. #3730
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ranly wrote: View Post
    For the life of me, I don't know why the Raptor fans and management wants to get rid of Calderon. Because he was hurt last year,he wasn't the best defender in the NBA. This year he has improved. He should be our starting point guard and management should bring in someone to compliment his weakness.We need a back up point with speed to compliment him.
    I would argue the someone to come in to complement him would be a better C to clog the lane for those that blow by him. Calderon's weaknesses are far less apparent when Bargnani is not play C, and in my opinion his strengths highlighted since it does not take deft passing to throw to a 7 footer at the 3pt line.
    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If Bargs didn't get the O back on track we'd of lost the game, Jose's O and Amir's D lead to the lead being cut from 17 to 3 in 10 min.
    Wow, really man?
    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    If DeMar didn't help carry the offense in the first half, the Raptors wouldn't have gotten the big lead they did. And without his big shot with less than 2 minutes left, when New Orleans had some momentum, the Raptors lose. Without Ed Davis coming in to replace a useless Bargnani in the first half, the Raptors don't get the lead. Without James Johnson coming up big on defense and on the boards, the Raptors don't win.

    EVERYONE had a big part in the Raptor's win.

    The best player on the court tonight was Jose Calderon. The second best player on the court was probably Amir Johnson.

    If you want to say Bargnani hit some big shots in the fourth, great. No one can argue with that. But Bargnani missed as many shots as he made in the fourth (he went 3-6), including finishing the game 1 for 3. And the last 3 Raptors to score were Calderon (6 points), Amir, and DeRozan, so saying he CARRIED the team is, well, crap. Sorry. That's the only word I could think of.
    Agree 100%

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ok, Bargs might not of carried the team but he did change the momentum back in the favor of the Raptors in the 4th.

    BTW 3 of Jose's point came off the Bargs assist and Bargs also took a charge in mid/late 4th.
    And yet, he lost a rebound to NOs' 2 guard in the 4th!

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).
    One rebound he looked so surprised a ball fell into his hands his mouth almost closed!

  11. #3731
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It looked a few times like Calderon took the game into his own hands, by that I mean not following Triano's lead, and that is a big reason for the good showing. He has been visibly upset at the lack of 'vision' Triano has for the game (especially for a supposed x's and o's guy), and every play called (well at least at times I was watching) there was lots of standing around, no movement, pass the ball...that player moves around and looks for an opening, pass the ball...THAT player moves around looks for an opening. The other 4 stand around.

    This from a team that was 'built' to push the ball and play up tempo.

    Great win, love the play from the team.

  12. #3732
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    I would also mention that of Andrea's 3 rebounds. One was knocked to him by James Johnson and the other by Amir (not intentionally but while scrapping with players for the ball).
    When a team has only 7 offensive rebounds for the game, everyone did their part to keep them off the glass. As a C, Bargnani is included. Rebounding is one of those categories that are individual and team oriented.

    3 rebounds is still brutal but at least he did not cause the other team to get numerous second chance points. The last meeting on MLK day, Okafor had 16 rebs (12 offensive), West had 10 (4 offensive), and the team had 19 offensive rebounds.

    Oh yeah, the Raps won, beating a playoff bound team. Seems they are damned if they win and damned if they lose.
    Last edited by Matt52; Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

  13. #3733
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

    Oh yeah, the Raps won, beating a playoff bound team. Seems they are damned if they win and damned if they lose.
    When you say They should that be dammed if we win dammed if we lose? lol

  14. #3734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another moronic post.

    Without Bargs we lose the game, so STFU.

    PS- why is this obvious "hate on bargs" post not in the Everything Bargnani forum.

    How about I make a post: Bargs had more points than Bayless, what's up with that?

    or...

    Barbosa had more assists than Weems, what's up with that!

    This is the most redundant post ever.

  15. #3735
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Another moronic post.

    Without Bargs we lose the game, so STFU.

    PS- why is this obvious "hate on bargs" post not in the Everything Bargnani forum.

    How about I make a post: Bargs had more points than Bayless, what's up with that?

    or...

    Barbosa had more assists than Weems, what's up with that!

    This is the most redundant post ever.
    If it's redundant then there is a need to address the issue, which is a 7 footer who can't or refuses to rebound for his paycheck!

  16. #3736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    If it's redundant then there is a need to address the issue, which is a 7 footer who can't or refuses to rebound for his paycheck!
    Amir has 6.8 RPG and 10.3 PPG this season

    Bargs has 5.5 RPG and 21.8 PPG this season

    Your argument is as ridiculous as your RR handle

  17. #3737
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,070
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My insightful 2 cents is this post is retarded.

    Hey BTW the Raptors won last night! Pretty cool huh?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  18. #3738
    Raptors Republic Rookie webcrawler89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ugh, you guys are ridiculous. Why can't you say, just for one game, just one game, that yes...Bargs was not a big factor in our victory. EVEN LAKERS fans say that about Kobe man, EVEN SUNS fans say that about Nash, Mavs fans say that about Dirk..

    Bargnani is a good player, who CAN HAVE shitty games, and compared to other games he's had this year, this was pretty mediocre. Not great, not good, but not horrible either. Just, a mediocre game, where he was a small factor in the victory.

    IF that's too hard, then, you guy's give the rest of us Raptors fans a bad name. We're supposed to be fans of the whole team, not just one player day in and day out, Bargnani and Weems and any other player are prone to having bad games sometimes. It's time to accept that.

  19. #3739
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Amir has 6.8 RPG and 10.3 PPG this season

    Bargs has 5.5 RPG and 21.8 PPG this season

    Your argument is as ridiculous as your RR handle
    umm yeah... vs. minutes? efficiency? they have nothing to do with that right?

    man why is it that accurate numbers are so difficult for some to comprehend? Oh thats right because they don't show what some want to believe.......

  20. #3740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    ugh, you guys are ridiculous. Why can't you say, just for one game, just one game, that yes...Bargs was not a big factor in our victory. EVEN LAKERS fans say that about Kobe man, EVEN SUNS fans say that about Nash, Mavs fans say that about Dirk..

    Bargnani is a good player, who CAN HAVE shitty games, and compared to other games he's had this year, this was pretty mediocre. Not great, not good, but not horrible either. Just, a mediocre game, where he was a small factor in the victory.

    IF that's too hard, then, you guy's give the rest of us Raptors fans a bad name. We're supposed to be fans of the whole team, not just one player day in and day out, Bargnani and Weems and any other player are prone to having bad games sometimes. It's time to accept that.
    Do you actually think we would have won without Bargs last night?? We won as a team. The only reason someone made this post is to hate on a player. Grow up or ship out, this is Raps Republic, not Hater Nation homey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •