View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    8 6.50%
  • B

    47 38.21%
  • C

    29 23.58%
  • D

    18 14.63%
  • F

    21 17.07%
Page 188 of 526 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #3741
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    umm yeah... vs. minutes? efficiency? they have nothing to do with that right?

    man why is it that accurate numbers are so difficult for some to comprehend? Oh thats right because they don't show what some want to believe.......
    Hmmm..ok..well..that made no sense..

  2. #3742
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    ugh, you guys are ridiculous. Why can't you say, just for one game, just one game, that yes...Bargs was not a big factor in our victory. EVEN LAKERS fans say that about Kobe man, EVEN SUNS fans say that about Nash, Mavs fans say that about Dirk..

    Bargnani is a good player, who CAN HAVE shitty games, and compared to other games he's had this year, this was pretty mediocre. Not great, not good, but not horrible either. Just, a mediocre game, where he was a small factor in the victory.

    IF that's too hard, then, you guy's give the rest of us Raptors fans a bad name. We're supposed to be fans of the whole team, not just one player day in and day out, Bargnani and Weems and any other player are prone to having bad games sometimes. It's time to accept that.
    The flip side of this statement is even when he did have a crappy game, he still managed to help the team win doing the little things that so many give him grief about. For instance in this game he did box out, he did help keep West and Okafor off the glass. He did have a bad offensive game but credit should be given where credit is due especially considering if the guy goes off for 30+ points and they win or lose, he gets crapped on.

    In the first game, which they lost 85-81, Okafor and West combined for 26 rebounds (16 of which were offensive).

    In the second game, which they won 96-90, Okafor and West combined for 17 rebounds (5 of which were offensive).

    To not give Bargnani credit for helping keep those guys off the offensive glass is ridiculous - even if he had a horrible offensive game and defensively his help sucked as much as usual.

    Everyone wants to him to do the little things, and when he does them, he still gets grief - or anyone who points out he did the little things.

  3. #3743
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Hmmm..ok..well..that made no sense..
    I understand it wouldn't to you...

    ... ofcourse next time you use numbers, make sure you understand them

  4. #3744
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The flip side of this statement is even when he did have a crappy game, he still managed to help the team win doing the little things that so many give him grief about. For instance in this game he did box out, he did help keep West and Okafor off the glass. He did have a bad offensive game but credit should be given where credit is due especially considering if the guy goes off for 30+ points and they win or lose, he gets crapped on.

    In the first game, which they lost 85-81, Okafor and West combined for 26 rebounds (16 of which were offensive).

    In the second game, which they won 96-90, Okafor and West combined for 17 rebounds (5 of which were offensive).

    To not give Bargnani credit for helping keep those guys off the offensive glass is ridiculous - even if he had a horrible offensive game and defensively his help sucked as much as usual.

    Everyone wants to him to do the little things, and when he does them, he still gets grief - or anyone who points out he did the little things.
    you are making the assumption he boxed out because these guys got less offensive rebounds. In fact that is not the case. They got less offensive rebounds because:

    -Okafor only played 20 mintues (and grabbed 3 offensive and 7 defensive in that time)
    -Landry played alot of minutes, and the dude can't grab a rebound to save his life (he is
    6'7"... and that is a stretch)

    In fact Okafor and West grabbed right around their season average (per minute) in offensive rebounds. Just because they didn't dominate him (mainly due to above) like they did last time does not mean he 'did the little things'.

    Please please please stop this Bargnani boxes out for others crap. He doesn't box out with any regularity. (him boxing out once or twice a game does not count as doing it regularily) he didn't last night. Watch the frickin game... open your eyes. Thank Amir, Ed, Jose and JJ for doing the little things.

  5. #3745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    you are making the assumption he boxed out because these guys got less offensive rebounds. In fact that is not the case. They got less offensive rebounds because:

    -Okafor only played 20 mintues (and grabbed 3 offensive and 7 defensive in that time)
    -Landry played alot of minutes, and the dude can't grab a rebound to save his life (he is
    6'7"... and that is a stretch)

    In fact Okafor and West grabbed right around their season average (per minute) in offensive rebounds. Just because they didn't dominate him (mainly due to above) like they did last time does not mean he 'did the little things'.

    Please please please stop this Bargnani boxes out for others crap. He doesn't box out with any regularity. (him boxing out once or twice a game does not count as doing it regularily) he didn't last night. Watch the frickin game... open your eyes. Thank Amir, Ed, Jose and JJ for doing the little things.
    I think Bargs slammed this guys girlfriend or something...or it's just Tim W or Nubreed or Minks

  6. #3746
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this thread is like watching two fat kids argue over a cinnabun.

    move this crap to the bargs thread.

  7. #3747
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    this thread is like watching two fat kids argue over a cinnabun.

    move this crap to the bargs thread.
    yah this thread needs to be under Everything Bargnani, it's only purpose was Bargs hate on, i thought thats why the moderators made that bargs super thread

  8. #3748
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Do you actually think we would have won without Bargs last night?? We won as a team. The only reason someone made this post is to hate on a player. Grow up or ship out, this is Raps Republic, not Hater Nation homey.
    I made this post not to hate on anyone but to state a fact that it is 100% harder to get a block than it is to get a rebound and one of our player got 4 more Blocks than one of our tallest player who plays more minutes did last night. This post was based on the last game. Yes we won and I am very happy about that. I have been a fan from day one a my name has a meaning like I'm sure your MultiPaul means something!

    Anyways, glad I was able to give you a reason to post the stats for both Barg and Amir however, there is a different in Size and in minutes so there should be no comparing there! Barg is good but he just can't rebound or chooses not to so I guess it's up to me to accept that about him. lol

  9. #3749
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The flip side of this statement is even when he did have a crappy game, he still managed to help the team win doing the little things that so many give him grief about. For instance in this game he did box out, he did help keep West and Okafor off the glass. He did have a bad offensive game but credit should be given where credit is due especially considering if the guy goes off for 30+ points and they win or lose, he gets crapped on.

    In the first game, which they lost 85-81, Okafor and West combined for 26 rebounds (16 of which were offensive).

    In the second game, which they won 96-90, Okafor and West combined for 17 rebounds (5 of which were offensive).

    To not give Bargnani credit for helping keep those guys off the offensive glass is ridiculous - even if he had a horrible offensive game and defensively his help sucked as much as usual.

    Everyone wants to him to do the little things, and when he does them, he still gets grief - or anyone who points out he did the little things.
    When you put it like that, I see your argument. Guess I missed all that last night!

    Peace
    Last edited by Stahmenah_Vybz; Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

  10. #3750
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now I know you're on something!

    No need for this kind of talk. He said nothing to offend you. Nor I for that matter. You don't like the post, don't comment on it. It was just a matter of fact about the last game. Over and out!
    Last edited by Matt52; Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Inappropriate quote removed

  11. #3751
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I made this post not to hate on anyone but to state a fact that it is 100% harder to get a block than it is to get a rebound and one of our player got 4 more Blocks than one of our tallest player who plays more minutes did last night.
    look at the tone of your first post.. it comes off very haterish... and is fuel for more haterishness

    not trying to hate on the haters... there's arguments for and against bargs i totally agree with... but these threads popping up are about as annoying as the fake porn webcam ad with sound that keeps popping up behind my browser because i accidentally clicked on the wrong banner while looking for porn a couple weeks ago.

    it adds nothing new... ya, bargs is a pretty awful rebounder.... but we all knew that ages ago... the constant love/hate argument for bargs is like waterboarding

  12. #3752
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    Please please please stop this Bargnani boxes out for others crap. He doesn't box out with any regularity. (him boxing out once or twice a game does not count as doing it regularily) he didn't last night. Watch the frickin game... open your eyes. Thank Amir, Ed, Jose and JJ for doing the little things.
    I did watch the game. All game as a shot went up I noticed he actually looked for someone to make contact with on the defensive end. That is not something he normally does so in my mind it is worth mentioning -hopefully it is something that continues.

    Could you clarifiy where I made reference to him boxing out once or twice a game counting as a regular occurrence?

    You are absolutely correct the other guys deserve credit for the little things that they normally do not do (for exmaple, Ed Davis hit a foul line jumper). Very few players have complete games. Bargnani will never be a great rebounder - which is a big part of the game of basketball, unfortunately. I've even given up on average. But if solid rebounders can be placed around him and he can atleast ensure his man does not get the ball I, for one, will be very happy.

    I would suggest you also watch the games - but try to do it with an open mind minus the preconceived notions.

  13. #3753
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    By the way, alot of those points that Jose got were of Bargs assists, especially the crucial 3 ball late in the 4th when Bargs got the touch, drew the double, then found Jose across the court for the 3 ball. Smart play.

  14. #3754
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would suggest you also watch the games - but try to do it with an open mind minus the preconceived notions.
    indeed I have and I do... its just that others can't see past what you want to see, to that which really did happened (or in this case didn't happen).

  15. #3755
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    By the way, alot of those points that Jose got were of Bargs assists, especially the crucial 3 ball late in the 4th when Bargs got the touch, drew the double, then found Jose across the court for the 3 ball. Smart play.
    again you need to understand numbers. Bargnani got 2 assists in the game.. jose made 7 shots.....

    understand them before you use them. You aren't even trying anymore.

  16. #3756
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I made this post not to hate on anyone but to state a fact that it is 100% harder to get a block than it is to get a rebound and one of our player got 4 more Blocks than one of our tallest player who plays more minutes did last night. This post was based on the last game. Yes we won and I am very happy about that. I have been a fan from day one a my name has a meaning like I'm sure your MultiPaul means something!

    Anyways, glad I was able to give you a reason to post the stats for both Barg and Amir however, there is a different in Size and in minutes so there should be no comparing there! Barg is good but he just can't rebound or chooses not to so I guess it's up to me to accept that about him. lol
    I think it's hard to say "it's easier to get a reb then a block", it depends on the situation. Sometimes blocks are easier, sometimes not. Sometimes you battle for a reb down low, sometimes they fall in ur lap like when Calderon gets them.

  17. #3757
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    again you need to understand numbers. Bargnani got 2 assists in the game.. jose made 7 shots.....

    understand them before you use them. You aren't even trying anymore.
    Thanks Tim..or Peter..

  18. #3758
    Raptors Republic Rookie webcrawler89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not hating on Bargs, I'm just reasonable enough to admit that someday's he plays great, someday's he plays ok, and someday's he plays crap. Yesterday was okay. He did do the little things, he did help out the team, but he did not CARRY THIS WIN as so many of you seem to believe. He helped out, this was the game where Jose led us to victory. Jose outscored Paul, outrebounded Paul, Outassisted Paul, kept that guy to a horrible game, nearly got a triple double, shot 70% from FG, 75% from 3Pt line, had an 8.0 Assist-to-Turnover Ratio for the night.

    IF you guys can't accept that, fine, but stop spreading your delusions about what happened otherwise....

    This is like saying Robert Horry carried Game 3 for the Lakers in the 2001 NBA finals. He made a clutch play, but otherwise it was guys like Shaq who CARRIED the team that night...
    Last edited by webcrawler89; Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

  19. #3759
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    I'm not hating on Bargs, I'm just reasonable enough to admit that someday's he plays great, someday's he plays ok, and someday's he plays crap. Yesterday was okay. He did do the little things, he did help out the team, but he did not CARRY THIS WIN as so many of you seem to believe. He helped out, this was the game where Jose led us to victory. Jose outscored Paul, outrebounded Paul, Outassisted Paul, kept that guy to a horrible game, nearly got a triple double, shot 70% from FG, 75% from 3Pt line, had an 8.0 Assist-to-Turnover Ratio for the night.

    IF you guys can't accept that, fine, but stop spreading your delusions about what happened otherwise....
    I for one didn't say Bargs carried us to the win. I think Jose was the spark. Everyone else chipped in equally.

  20. #3760
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    I'm not hating on Bargs, I'm just reasonable enough to admit that someday's he plays great, someday's he plays ok, and someday's he plays crap. Yesterday was okay. He did do the little things, he did help out the team, but he did not CARRY THIS WIN as so many of you seem to believe. He helped out, this was the game where Jose led us to victory. Jose outscored Paul, outrebounded Paul, Outassisted Paul, kept that guy to a horrible game, nearly got a triple double, shot 70% from FG, 75% from 3Pt line, had an 8.0 Assist-to-Turnover Ratio for the night.
    well put.. i saw the game in the same way.. the team was good.. jose was great.. everyone contributed to the win in some way

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •