View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 200 of 527 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have progress, JT and AB need to pack their belongings and ship out come offseason. I think BC has been browsing the forums for ideas.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This all seems like fine news. No AB. No Triano. I'm all for it.
    Last edited by bloodyhandedgod; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Post Thanks / Like

*dances wildly*

OH YEAH.
    Last edited by bloodyhandedgod; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything sounded great until they said that D'Antoni may be taking over.

Also, this thread shouldn't be called "Bargnani-Haters rejoice" but rather "Basketball fans rejoice"
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed and DeMar are excellent building blocks. I think they can land a very nice PG or wing for Bargnani. This draft is loaded with bigs and so we all need to start looking at them because where the Raptors are probably picking, chances are there's a new lottery big man heading to Toronto.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed there's a lot of PF's in the draft, but it's pretty weak on legit Centres...do we really need another PF?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    I noticed there's a lot of PF's in the draft, but it's pretty weak on legit Centres...do we really need another PF?
    Not certainly one of our needs right now.

Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please no D'Antoni. His teams can win a lot of games in regular season but fizzle out in playoffs. You can never win a championship with his brand of basketball which is pretty the Jay triano type of basketball, but on steroids.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Post Thanks / Like

I notice how there are two high talent guys in the top ten who are centers. Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Canter.

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Please no D'Antoni. His teams can win a lot of games in regular season but fizzle out in playoffs. You can never win a championship with his brand of basketball which is pretty the Jay triano type of basketball, but on steroids.
    Guys, stop the dreaming. What coach who won a championship is available? That "Triano on steroids" comment is way off. If they can land D'Antoni then that's a big upgrade regardless of the fact that he's not defensive minded. He almost got a team to the show but it's not even about that. This club probably isn't going to be ready to battle for championships until three to five years down the road if things go right. If they bring in D'Antoni I won't be broken up over it. You have right there a highly respected coach who's had a lot of success in the NBA and overseas. After going through Triano, Mitchell, O'Neil and Wilkens(at the end of the road) I don't think we're in any place to be sticking our noses up at Mike D'Antoni. He's a far better coach than any of those guys. The only coach I've seen in Toronto better than him is Butch Carter and they threw Butch under the bus and drug his name through the mud over a decade ago.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I would say our most lacking positions right now are Centre, followed by either PG or SF. We have James Johnson now, but I don't think he's a future starter. Then again anything is possible. Our PG has a few more years left in the tank but he's once again insisting on playing for Spain, so we could be looking at another injury-riddled season next year. I say go with best available player, and if we draft somebody we don't need try to swing a trade for something we do need.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A few things pop to my mind on this story:

First, it is a rumour. I'm sure tomorrow the story will be out saying this is not true. The team is so bad and in such need no one is untradeable.

Second, it could be a leak much like the Teacher's Pension Plan accountant leak a few weeks ago. Maybe it is out there to take away the argument of those in MLSE against Colangelo that he is unwilling to trade Bargnani.

Third, I wish MLSE would have closure on the GM situation already. With so much uncertainty it would be nice to have at least one order of business settled.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I notice how there are two high talent guys in the top ten who are centers. Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Canter.
    Only Canter is top 10 at #4. Jonas is projected at #16.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That depends on which site you go to. DraftExpress has him at #3 after spending the last little while at #2.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Matt said, Draft Express is ranking Jonas as the 3rd best prospect in the draft. They're ranking Kanter 9th.

NBADraft.net doesn't usually get it right. Neither does DraftExpress.com. Not when we're in March and the draft is at the end of June.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think this is true. Thy didn't even get the year he was drafted right. That doesn't say much about a New York paper's knowledge of our team.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we projecting DAntoni to suddenly become a defensive coach (which this team needs in spades) or that the team will sprout 3 pt. mobile shooters (which the team sorely lacks) which the DAntoni system depends on? Havent we all spent far too long complaining about the need for more defense (read any Barg thread). This franchise has ultimately suffered for not having a serious commitment to the team playing at least average defense. And then we have the possibility that AB will be moved....but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?

There some holes I see in all this. No?

Can BC sign first please before all these predictions are even taken semi seriously.
    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Mar 27th, 2011 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Are we projecting DAntoni to suddenly become a defensive coach (which this team needs in spades) or that the team will sprout 3 pt. mobile shooters (which the team sorely lacks) which the DAntoni system depends on? Havent we all spent far too long complaining about the need for more defense (read any Barg thread). This franchise has ultimately suffered for not having a serious commitment to the team playing at least average defense. And then we have the possibility that AB will be moved....but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?

There some holes I see in all this. No?

Can BC sign first please before all these predictions are even taken semi seriously.
    When a roster is constructed that fits D'Antoni's system, his teams have been successful, and by successful I mean Slighty above average in defensive rating. The roster in NY is nothing like what he worked with in PHX and it does not suit the team moving forward. BC and MD'A need each other right now.

"but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?"

I disagree. Bargnani can shoot but he lacks the explosiveness and athleticism seen in D'Antoni typical starting big men and ruggedness of bench big men.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This is big mistake !! Neither Ed or DD are the type of Players that you focus your rebuilding process around. They are just nice player to have just like AB is. AB provides the void and the gap that is in the ED's offensive game.

I think Jay and BC are looking for escape goat and AB is that person which they can use to blame the defensive woes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information