View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 23 of 527 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #441
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    I can see DeMar taking over as the Rap's Marquee player very early next season. If only Bargnani had DD's drive, work ethic....in the US basketball is a culture- overseas it's just a game.
    I dont know about that.

    I agree about what it is over here, it definitely is a culture.

    But they take it pretty seriously over there.

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    *This post has been deleted*
    1st off don't talk about me unless you know what you're talking about- obviously you don't.

    I respect the International game just not the International- especially the Euro players, that the Rap's have brought in outside of Barbosa, Delfino, Rasho & Garbo. So as Melle Mel would say- step off!!

    When deciding to fill your roster with a mix international & US players as TO has done under BC, BC better be sure that they can play in the NBA 1st because there are many US players who are willing to work hard for a roster spot with just as much if not more basketball talent. As we all know TO has been a US/International experimental team under BC and it has blown up in his face with Bargnani as the Franchise(marque player) while Bosh is in Miami chillin' like a villian.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22nd, 2010 at 01:12 AM.

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    I dont know about that.

    I agree about what it is over here, it definitely is a culture.

    But they take it pretty seriously over there.
    Time will tell. DD is putting in the work and barring injuries his head above the rim game is becoming more rounded through his summer workouts.

    It's the difference from being a basketball player to someone who plays basketball in my mind.

  4. #444
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    I can see DeMar taking over as the Rap's Marquee player very early next season. If only Bargnani had DD's drive, work ethic....in the US basketball is a culture- overseas it's just a game.

    Yeah! great citizens the american basket players...like Stephenson (tell it to his girlfriend) or Udonis Haslem and his weed..or soooooome much more, what a culture of crap if you let me. In work ethic almost ALL european players could give some lessons to american ones...all the day with the same bullshit...

  5. #445
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Time will tell. DD is putting in the work and barring injuries his head above the rim game is becoming more rounded through his summer workouts.

    It's the difference from being a basketball player to someone who plays basketball in my mind.
    I said nothing of talent levels.

    Demar should be our guy in time.

    I was just commenting on the Basketball lifestyle overseas

  6. #446
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Bargnani called you lazy? that jerk
    i know, right! i was interviewing him and then i asked him if he wanted some water, so i got someone to bring him a water and then all the sudden he goes you're lazy.

    I thought of barganani differently ever since.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #447
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fon Riego wrote: View Post
    Yeah! great citizens the american basket players...like Stephenson (tell it to his girlfriend) or Udonis Haslem and his weed..or soooooome much more, what a culture of crap if you let me. In work ethic almost ALL european players could give some lessons to american ones...all the day with the same bullshit...
    when did being a 'citizen' and work ethic get called into play?

    Are you telling me there are Euro players who work on their game more than Kobe?

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fon Riego wrote: View Post
    Yeah! great citizens the american basket players...like Stephenson (tell it to his girlfriend) or Udonis Haslem and his weed..or soooooome much more, what a culture of crap if you let me. In work ethic almost ALL european players could give some lessons to american ones...all the day with the same bullshit...
    Sounds like you have some personal issues there, kiddo.lol

    I'm speaking on a cultural game on all levels of basketball from playgrounds to schools to Boys/Girls Club to AAU to YMCA to street ball to college- not just the NBA.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Thu Aug 19th, 2010 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #449
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    I said nothing of talent levels.

    Demar should be our guy in time.

    I was just commenting on the Basketball lifestyle overseas
    Here, as you know, soccer is THE GAME, more than footbal there, but basketball players love the game as much as anywhere, have seen a lot of times, the Celtics-Lakers finals of the 80's as anybody anywhere, dreamt as mucha as anyone to cˇould be one day the player that Bird or MJ was...but of course they are different: are normal people (almost all)...don't carry a gun to the lockroom...:\

  10. #450
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He is not a Marquee player but thank goodness for 2 things

    BC did not give him max money

    DeMar and Ed Davis are Marquee players.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  11. #451
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    when did being a 'citizen' and work ethic get called into play?

    Are you telling me there are Euro players who work on their game more than Kobe?
    There could be, but they are just less talented...

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Sounds like you have some personal issues there, kiddo.lol
    Yes, maybe, just tired of reading Raps info only to find the 'euro is a shit' comment hidden everywhere...call it personal issues if you want

  12. #452
    Raptors Republic Rookie RecklessIndifference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fon Riego wrote: View Post
    Here, as you know, soccer is THE GAME, more than footbal there, but basketball players love the game as much as anywhere, have seen a lot of times, the Celtics-Lakers finals of the 80's as anybody anywhere, dreamt as mucha as anyone to cˇould be one day the player that Bird or MJ was...but of course they are different: are normal people (almost all)...don't carry a gun to the lockroom...:\
    Don't pigeonhole all of the 'U.S.' players. You are upset that people are grouping all 'euro' players into one mold, so your reaction is to do the same.

    Sometimes it's best to just ignore certain people, rather than play their games

  13. #453
    Raptors Republic Rookie Fon Riego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
    Don't pigeonhole all of the 'U.S.' players. You are upset that people are grouping all 'euro' players into one mold, so your reaction is to do the same.

    Sometimes it's best to just ignore certain people, rather than play their games
    You're absolutely right....I just pissed off

  14. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    He is not a Marquee player but thank goodness for 2 things

    BC did not give him max money

    DeMar and Ed Davis are Marquee players.
    DD & Davis will be TO's future marquee players!!!

    Davis' game, barring injuries, will surpass Bargnani's by his 3rd NBA season.

  15. #455
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Bargni was paid like a franchise or marquee player then I would say fans should have beef. The fact is that bargni made 9 million last year almost half of what Bosh made. I can name 20 players who make more money and do far less then bargni.
    Sirchilly what you write does show a sustained biased against international players and international systems. Every where in the world except for the US/canada develops their basketball players through a club system. If you haven't noticed that the rest of the world has caught up too the US. Just like Canada and hockey. The US still may have the best players and teams but that could change over the next 20-30 years as we do live in the information age. Only 15 years ago no one would have thought the US would ever lose a olympics after the dream teams came and dominated.

  16. #456
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    *This post has been deleted*
    +1. guy says bargs has been inconsistent his whole career, when in fact his numbers increase every year.
    in B.A. Baracus' words "i pity the fool"
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 22nd, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

  17. #457
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mj1s wrote: View Post
    "The writer defined it as a player on the level of Bosh, McGrady and Bosh. Probably a leader to some degree"

    for one, i never thought mcgrady was a leader.
    second, i guess if you put 2 bosh together you could have a marquee player.

    as far as bargnani goes, i have seen glimpses of his ability in the past and i'm anxious to see how he has developed for the upcoming season...

    "With his team needing a win to keep its hopes alive of reaching the EuroBasket group stage, Andrea Bargnani showed why he has carved a niche for himself in the NBA. The hulking center scored 24 points for Italy last night in its gritty 81-76 victory over Israel at Yad Eliahu in Tel Aviv. The most critical basket of the game came with 1:12 remaining, when the Italian was fortunate to handle a rebound that slipped out of the hands of Lior Eliyahu and Tal Burnstein, letting him waltz in for an easy deuce that put the game out of reach. "

    source here.
    Israel isn't the only country with an NBA star, so if we want to win, we are going to have to play a lot harder.
    By Eyal Gil

    We have no one to fight like mad for every ball, somebody who will scratch, hit and strangle to get to it. No one is ready to sacrifice himself. There's no one to commit a foul.

    And yet rather than play the one person who comes close to this description, Uri Kokia, coach Arik Shivek opted on Tuesday to keep him on the bench, even though Bargnani was totally outplaying David Bluthenthal and Lior Eliyahu.

    Once Kokia entered the game, the scary 2.13m center stopped scoring, but it was too late.

    http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...ntals-1.308885
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  18. #458
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People need nba.com to tell them this???? He can definitely turn into a really good player but i don't think he'll ever be a marquee player. Hope I'm wrong, but he will never be the #1 option on a good team. All star potential yes, marquee player no.

  19. #459
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    +1. guy says bargs has been inconsistent his whole career, when in fact his number increase every year.
    in B.A. Baracus' word "i pity the fool"
    Its true that Bargnani's per game numbers have generally gone up each season since his rookie season.

    However, most of the increase has been due to Bargnani's minutes per game going up each season.

    On a 36 minute basis his scoring and rebounding numbers have increased very little since his rookie season.

    Only about 3% a year in scoring and rebounding.

    However, at least those numbers are going in the right direction even if at a snails pace.

    He has improved at a better rate in his PER and WS/48.

    However both still remain quite low relative to the league average for starting Centers and PFs

    Bargnani's PER last season was about 15.6. This ranked him 26th among Centers. It would be a lot worse if he was listed as a PF; i.e. 35th. No, his efficiency on offense will not go up if he is moved to PF.

    In WS/48 his number was about .072. The league average is .100. Bargnani has never equaled or exceeded or even come close to the league average in WS/48 in the four seasons that he has been in the NBA.


    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...3fposition%3dc

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  20. #460
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bargs can be an offensive leader.not a defensive one

Page 23 of 527 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 523 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •