View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 260 of 527 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #5181
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I guess some of us resort to juvenile bantering when unable to support their arguments.
    You are completely oblivious to sarcasm, methinks.

  2. #5182
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    You are completely oblivious to sarcasm, methinks.
    That was damn funny!!!! Better?

  3. #5183
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Well, i think youve had more posts criticizing Bargnani than I have of Bosh. Eventhough you say you dont hate Bargnani, youve wasted energy criticizing him time and time again. If you justify your posts, i can justify my hate, dont you think?
    Bargnani is actually on the team. Bosh isn't. And I don't have any personal feelings towards Bargnani. He seems like a decent guy. I spend a lot of posts on him because I want to convince people of my argument, and I feel strongly about it. Once he's off the team, I would be shocked if I spend another minute discussing him. Unless he's traded to the Spurs, of course (my second favourite team). If he's traded to the Hornets and then they are moved to Vancouver, I may give up watching basketball.

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Again, im not criticizing his decision. Im criticizing the way that led him to that decision, and how it impacted the Raptors.
    I understand criticizing the way he handled it. I agree he didn't handle it well. It doesn't make me hate him though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  4. #5184
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is actually on the team. Bosh isn't. And I don't have any personal feelings towards Bargnani. He seems like a decent guy. I spend a lot of posts on him because I want to convince people of my argument, and I feel strongly about it. Once he's off the team, I would be shocked if I spend another minute discussing him. Unless he's traded to the Spurs, of course (my second favourite team). If he's traded to the Hornets and then they are moved to Vancouver, I may give up watching basketball.

    I understand criticizing the way he handled it. I agree he didn't handle it well. It doesn't make me hate him though.
    Just because you said it, I kind of want Bargnani to be traded to the Hornets, and then have them moved to Vancouver. Just for the shock value. Bargnani and Kleiza for Okafor, done!

    Your starting 2012-2013 Vancouver Hornets...

    PG Jarret Jack...

    SG Marco Belinelli...

    SF Trevor Ariza... ...

    PF Linas Kleiza...

    and at C, Andrea Bargnani....

    Eat your heart out!
    Last edited by Quixotic; Fri May 13th, 2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added lineup

  5. #5185
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    The question is did he?
    The odds are he did. Since BC spoke about their understanding during the season I dont remember where either Bosh or his agent denied it. BC was especially strong on the point because he was being grilled about Bosh just walking. These were not statements /occurrences after the fact.

  6. #5186
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The odds are he did. Since BC spoke about their understanding during the season I dont remember where either Bosh or his agent denied it. BC was especially strong on the point because he was being grilled about Bosh just walking. These were not statements /occurrences after the fact.
    At the same time, if Bosh denied saying it, then it becomes he said/she said. The court of popular opinion hardly has high standards for determining the truth.

  7. #5187
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is actually on the team. Bosh isn't. And I don't have any personal feelings towards Bargnani. He seems like a decent guy. I spend a lot of posts on him because I want to convince people of my argument, and I feel strongly about it. Once he's off the team, I would be shocked if I spend another minute discussing him. Unless he's traded to the Spurs, of course (my second favourite team). If he's traded to the Hornets and then they are moved to Vancouver, I may give up watching basketball.
    My argument is he caused the Raps' last season so IMO, he deserves the right to be hated. Whether he is still with this team or not, IMO, he contributed to the Raps 22 win season. Next year, i wont hate him anymore. I promise, hehehe.

    Finally, something we have in common! The Spurs is one of my favorite teams. I gave that team a championship in 2k11.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Sat May 14th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

  8. #5188
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Just because you said it, I kind of want Bargnani to be traded to the Hornets, and then have them moved to Vancouver. Just for the shock value. Bargnani and Kleiza for Okafor, done!

    Your starting 2012-2013 Vancouver Hornets...

    PG Jarret Jack...

    SG Marco Belinelli...

    SF Trevor Ariza... ...

    PF Linas Kleiza...

    and at C, Andrea Bargnani....

    Eat your heart out!
    You're going to hell for that. You know that, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  9. #5189
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You're going to hell for that. You know that, right?
    Yes, there's a special place in hell reserved for me, I know, but it's just so worth it! =P

  10. #5190
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    My argument is he caused the Raps' last season so IMO, he deserves the right to be hated. Whether he is still with this team or not, IMO, he contributed to the Raps 22 win season. Next year, i wont hate him anymore. I promise, hehehe.

    Finally, something we have in common! The Spurs is one of my favorite teams. I gave that team a championship in 2k11.
    What did Bosh cause last season? I don't understand.

    As for the Spurs, I'd rather not talk about them at this time, thanks. I will in time. But not now.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #5191
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh pussied out on the team. When he could have returned from injury and was cleared by the doctor to play, he decided not to return.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  12. #5192
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Bosh pussied out on the team. When he could have returned from injury and was cleared by the doctor to play, he decided not to return.
    It's easy to say he pussied out on the team from your armchair. It's quite another to have actually had your face bashed in and then go out and play. I had a similar injury from basketball, but not nearly as bad. I don't blame the guy one bit. And I never heard the doctors cleared him to play. Besides, who cares if he didn't play if he can't carry a team? It seems to me people want to call him overrated except when it's convenient for their argument.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  13. #5193
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It's easy to say he pussied out on the team from your armchair. It's quite another to have actually had your face bashed in and then go out and play. I had a similar injury from basketball, but not nearly as bad. I don't blame the guy one bit. And I never heard the doctors cleared him to play. Besides, who cares if he didn't play if he can't carry a team? It seems to me people want to call him overrated except when it's convenient for their argument.
    It was his minor tweaked ankle after the All-Star break. He waited almost 2 weeks after the doctors cleared him before deciding to play.

    I realized too late that I took your bait. You are a very good instigator. BTW, I never called him over-rated. He was/is a very good player. I just hate the guy. I hope he gets a bladder infection and can't pee for a week.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  14. #5194
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    It was his minor tweaked ankle after the All-Star break. He waited almost 2 weeks after the doctors cleared him before deciding to play.

    I realized too late that I took your bait. You are a very good instigator. BTW, I never called him over-rated. He was/is a very good player. I just hate the guy. I hope he gets a bladder infection and can't pee for a week.
    It's a talent, what can I say.

    As for the ankle, I really hate to judge players on things like that because a) they're the only ones who really know how it feels and b) I've never gotten Grant Hill's career out of my head. I'll commend a guy for playing with an injury, but I'll rarely criticize a guy for not playing with one. I've seen too many players hurt their careers by doing so.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  15. #5195
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I know this has been discussed already, but bear with me (another Bargs at SF thread)

    So how about an agreed statement of facts:
    1) Bargs can't or won't rebound
    2) He's an atrocious help defender for a centre, causing the entire defence to break down
    3) We already have two excellent power forwards in Davis and AJ, and a very useful backup in Reggie (if he re-ups)
    Bargnani will be a defensive nightmare no matter who he guards, but it says here that having him guard SF's is the least bad option. For one, he won't be needed nor expected to get rebounds. Second, his length means he can play off his opponent a bit, guarding against their ability to penetrate. Third, the help defence issue which is so vital for a centre is not nearly as much of an issue at the SF position. Fourth, Bargnani will be able to get up his shot much easier against SFs, and will be able to post them up. And a triplet towers lineup of Davis, Bargnani and whichever centre they sign or draft or trade for would be pretty nice. My first inclination would be to trade Il Mago, but if that doesn't happen, I think the best solution is to have him play SF. Thoughts?

  16. #5196
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dude, it's been talked about in the Bargnani thread, so I had to move it to this thread.

    If Bargnani can barely keep up with 4's and 5's in the league, what exactly makes you think he can keep up with the swings in this league?

  17. #5197
    Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He can't but then his rebounding will not look so horrible


    "It's not the player man, its the position"


    He looks so funny when he tries to play defence on a fastbreak, well most of the time he doesn't even realize its a fastbreak, but when he does... he looks even too slow for a center. Most centers would block or stand their ground, he does neither... so if he looks horrible defending fastbreakes as centre, just imagine the spectacle as a SF.

    Andrea is mobile for a 7 footer, but he is not very mobile for a SF. Not even close.
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu May 19th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

  18. #5198
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    He can't but then his rebounding will not look so horrible


    "It's not the player man, its the position"


    He looks so funny when he tries to play defence on a fastbreak, well most of the time he doesn't even realize its a fastbreak, but when he does... he looks even too slow for a center. Most centers would block or stand their ground, he does neither... so if he looks horrible defending fastbreakes as centre, just imagine the spectacle as a SF.

    Andrea is mobile for a 7 footer, but he is not very mobile for a SF. Not even close.
    As an SF, he will be able to play more of a three-point and mid-range game on offence, which will help him get back on dee faster than if he were playing closer to the rim. This will help negate the fast-break problems. Look, I'm the first to say this guy should be traded. But as a plan B, I'm talking harm reduction, much like the safe injection sites in Vancouver. If the Raps have to shoot Il Mago into their arm, then at least let's try to limit the harm done to Raptor society.

  19. #5199
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Dude, it's been talked about in the Bargnani thread, so I had to move it to this thread.

    If Bargnani can barely keep up with 4's and 5's in the league, what exactly makes you think he can keep up with the swings in this league?
    All I'm saying is that he'll do less damage defensively by guarding swings than he has "anchoring" our defence at the centre position. And if he were to play PF, the same issues of help defence would crop up, plus PFs have to actually rebound the ball and prevent their mark from rebounding the ball. My solution (assuming we get a centre, which I can't imagine us not getting) eases the logjam at PF, allowing Amir and Ed to get lots of minutes (Amir can spend 12 minutes a game playing centre, leaving the bulk of the PF minutes to Davis), presents matchup problems for the other team when we're on offence, and "hides" Bargnani as much as possible on dee. One of the few things Andrea does well is he avoids biting on pump fakes. That, coupled with his length, will neutralize SOME of the damage that will be done to him by the swings. And I for one can live far more easily with an SF occasionally going off on him than with our entire defensive schme (such as it is) breaking down because of his cluelessness in terms of help dee.

  20. #5200
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LeeZ wrote: View Post
    All I'm saying is that he'll do less damage defensively by guarding swings than he has "anchoring" our defence at the centre position. And if he were to play PF, the same issues of help defence would crop up, plus PFs have to actually rebound the ball and prevent their mark from rebounding the ball. My solution (assuming we get a centre, which I can't imagine us not getting) eases the logjam at PF, allowing Amir and Ed to get lots of minutes (Amir can spend 12 minutes a game playing centre, leaving the bulk of the PF minutes to Davis), presents matchup problems for the other team when we're on offence, and "hides" Bargnani as much as possible on dee. One of the few things Andrea does well is he avoids biting on pump fakes. That, coupled with his length, will neutralize SOME of the damage that will be done to him by the swings. And I for one can live far more easily with an SF occasionally going off on him than with our entire defensive schme (such as it is) breaking down because of his cluelessness in terms of help dee.
    How about a SF constantly going off on him? If players like Josh Smith have problems playing man to man defence at the 3, what chance does Bargs have? Furthermore there are much more legitimate scoring and play makers at the 3 than the 5. Lastly who is suppose to replace bargs at 5? Everyone else is under size. So you want an automatic defensive liability every night at the 3 and the 5 just to compensate Bargs terrible defence and rebounding?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •