View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 308 of 527 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #6141
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not sure why you'd be upset if Bargnani turned out to be the Prospect we all hoped he would.

    As a Toronto Raptors fan, I would love nothing more than for Bargnani to come out and play like the #1 pick that he is.
    Yeah i really dont get why people hope that Bargnani fails. Its a lose-lose situation for the Raptors.

  2. #6142
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. If Bargnani could consistently play with desire at full effort he would be my favourite player in the league hands down.

    A consistent agressive competitive edge is all he is missing. Unfortunately despite immense talent, the drive is what separates good players from great players. Bargnani has the tools to be a great player.
    Well hopefully this is a start. Going to the gym is a very strict and tight commitment. I always tell myself id go but never went.

    So if he can apply that commitment when he's on the court, then hopefully we'll be seeing good things this season.

  3. #6143
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not saying I hope he fails I'm saying I don't want to hear "we told you so" over and over
    @jerboat

  4. #6144
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I get enough of it from my wife
    @jerboat

  5. #6145
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well besides Multipaul, I'm not sure anyone in the entire Forum has ever consistently backed Bargnani. Haha

    I support him, and always have, but I'm not sure there is anyone around these parts who could turn around and say "I told you so", and not be lying to themselves. Everyone has had doubts about the guy, and that is understandable.

    I have high hopes he puts those doubts to rest and starts playing like we expect him to; however I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #6146
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well besides Multipaul, I'm not sure anyone in the entire Forum has ever consistently backed Bargnani. Haha

    I support him, and always have, but I'm not sure there is anyone around these parts who could turn around and say "I told you so", and not be lying to themselves. Everyone has had doubts about the guy, and that is understandable.

    I have high hopes he puts those doubts to rest and starts playing like we expect him to; however I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    Based on his track record this is rational thinking. The skill set, size and athleticism are all there it's the motivation and hunger that's missing for extended periods of time. Hopefully BC calling him out, media bashing him and new voice (Casey) are enough of a combination to light a fire under his ass and play with some urgency. Sure would be nice if he got his act together though..... Fingers crossed! lol

  7. #6147
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh I support him too. I've just also seen him play the last couple years.
    @jerboat

  8. #6148
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Oh I support him too. I've just also seen him play the last couple years.
    And that about sums it up for me, too.... eloquently put.

  9. #6149
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I get enough of it from my wife
    I hear you. I get enough of it from your wife, as well.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #6150
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Based on his track record this is rational thinking. The skill set, size and athleticism are all there it's the motivation and hunger that's missing for extended periods of time. Hopefully BC calling him out, media bashing him and new voice (Casey) are enough of a combination to light a fire under his ass and play with some urgency. Sure would be nice if he got his act together though..... Fingers crossed! lol
    My problem with him doing this is that, because of his personality, there's a good chance he simply wouldn't be able to sustain it. Then it further hinders the development of a team unsure of what to do with him. And by that time either Davis or Amir might have been traded away.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #6151
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I get enough of it from my wife
    hahahaha same here! i mean from my own wife. Not yours. That would just be wrong. hhahaha

  12. #6152
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well besides Multipaul, I'm not sure anyone in the entire Forum has ever consistently backed Bargnani. Haha

    I support him, and always have, but I'm not sure there is anyone around these parts who could turn around and say "I told you so", and not be lying to themselves. Everyone has had doubts about the guy, and that is understandable.

    I have high hopes he puts those doubts to rest and starts playing like we expect him to; however I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    My exact same sentiments!!! Does this make us fanboys or trolls?

    hahaha

  13. #6153
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    My exact same sentiments!!! Does this make us fanboys or trolls?

    hahaha
    Hahah, I do believe it does, yes.
    In Masai we Trust.

  14. #6154
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I hear you. I get enough of it from your wife, as well.
    Behave!
    @jerboat

  15. #6155
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amongst my friends im THE biggest Bargnani troll, the only way i can defend myself against their ridicule is to hype him up haha and ive been waiting to prove them wrong for a while now..
    However i have a bet with my mate $20 that Bargs will be in one of the All NBA teams! (i'd had a few ok)
    Here in New Zealand, everyones a cliched Miami , Bulls or Lakers fan, so to be aRaptors fan you cop it alot haha, so i WILL be one of the ones to say 'I told you so' when the time comes!

    In the mean time, ill continue to unecessarily hype up Bargnani to false expectations...for now, hes gonna surprise us

  16. #6156
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YelaRoth wrote: View Post
    Amongst my friends im THE biggest Bargnani troll, the only way i can defend myself against their ridicule is to hype him up haha and ive been waiting to prove them wrong for a while now..
    However i have a bet with my mate $20 that Bargs will be in one of the All NBA teams! (i'd had a few ok)
    Here in New Zealand, everyones a cliched Miami , Bulls or Lakers fan, so to be aRaptors fan you cop it alot haha, so i WILL be one of the ones to say 'I told you so' when the time comes!

    In the mean time, ill continue to unecessarily hype up Bargnani to false expectations...for now, hes gonna surprise us
    I was a big Bargnani supporter/defender until last year. I finally gave up on him.

    With that said, I'd love him to finally 'get it'. If he could play average defense and get average rebounds he would be a top player in the league.

    If, if, if, if, if...... IF.

    Notice that is 5 if's and a sixth upcoming?

  17. #6157
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    My problem with him doing this is that, because of his personality, there's a good chance he simply wouldn't be able to sustain it. Then it further hinders the development of a team unsure of what to do with him. And by that time either Davis or Amir might have been traded away.
    Agreed BC has to figure out what he's doing but I don't see Amir's development being hindered. What he's shown is what I think we're gonna see not sure he has another gear or two. Now Davis on the other hand could be affected no question. I'm sure Casey will play Davis 30+ a night so he should get his fair shake. But as we've seen should and does are two completely different things with the organization.....Only time will tell.

  18. #6158
    Raptors Republic Rookie LamarVannoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Year 3000
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love that this thread has cracked 200 pages.

    Anyway, was rooting around basketballreference for absolutely no reason, and came up with a question (or series of questions).

    1. Is Andrea Bargnani actually any better than Charlie Villanueva? Go check out their careers, they're actually strikingly similar. Villanueva actually has a marginal edge in most of the advanced stat categories.

    2. Have other NBA GM's realized this? If Colangelo called up Dumars and said "hey look I'll give you Bargnani and take Charlie Villanueva off your hands", what would Dumars do?

    3. As a Raptor fan how would you feel about this trade? Villanueva is basically the same guy, no defense, lots of perimeter shooting, frustratingly skilled, only less Italian and less hairy.

    The benefit is that Villanueva is owed 31 million over the next 4 seasons, vs the 50 million over the next 5 for Bargnani. I guess Dumars might not want to take on the extra money, but if he doesn't what does that say about the trade market for Bargnani if we can't even get a guy who's widely regarded as an overpaid bench player for an also ran?

    Personally I would do this in a heartbeat. I'm out on Bargnani, and I think it's a good idea to move him before the rest of the league figures it out and we're sitting around in 2015 asking how that white dude on the bench is making 11.5 mil.

    Fun Fact: ShamSports.com's description of Villanueva's contract includes the following gem "contains performance bonuses currently listed as 'unlikely'."
    Last edited by LamarVannoy; Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: hilarity

  19. #6159
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LamarVannoy wrote: View Post
    Love that this thread has cracked 200 pages.

    Anyway, was rooting around basketballreference for absolutely no reason, and came up with a question (or series of questions).

    1. Is Andrea Bargnani actually any better than Charlie Villanueva? Go check out their careers, they're actually strikingly similar. Villanueva actually has a marginal edge in most of the advanced stat categories.

    2. Have other NBA GM's realized this? If Colangelo called up Dumars and said "hey look I'll give you Bargnani and take Charlie Villanueva off your hands", what would Dumars do?

    3. As a Raptor fan how would you feel about this trade? Villanueva is basically the same guy, no defense, lots of perimeter shooting, frustratingly skilled, only less Italian and less hairy.

    The benefit is that Villanueva is owed 31 million over the next 4 seasons, vs the 50 million over the next 5 for Bargnani. I guess Dumars might not want to take on the extra money, but if he doesn't what does that say about the trade market for Bargnani if we can't even get a guy who's widely regarded as an overpaid bench player for an also ran?

    Personally I would do this in a heartbeat. I'm out on Bargnani, and I think it's a good idea to move him before the rest of the league figures it out and we're sitting around in 2015 asking how that white dude on the bench is making 11.5 mil.

    Fun Fact: ShamSports.com's description of Villanueva's contract includes the following gem "contains performance bonuses currently listed as 'unlikely'."
    I actually have been comparing the two for years. In fact, before the Raptors drafted Bargnani, Villanueva was my target of choice on the Raptors. He's actually the reason I came up with the fga/fta ratio as a way of determining whether a player has the potential to become a consistent top scorer. Many of the arguments I've had about Bargnani are the same ones I had about Villaneuva. Villaneuva is a better rebounder than Bargnani and is actually pretty decent. Bargnani is a better scorer, though. Both are poor defenders, though, and have "motivation problems" which is why I've never wanted anything to do with either one.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  20. #6160
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Villanueva has a favourable contract to Bargnani but I can't get excited about the prospect of CV back in a Raptors uniform. It's more of the same thing and the Raptors are deepest at that PF position.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •