View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 314 of 527 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #6261
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    This is just the usual trolling article from ESPN, no substance.
    Does Tim W. work for ESPN now??? haha

  2. #6262
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,039
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Read the article. It's not worth posting. It's just the writers' opinion. There is no leak, no source, this is fantasy. Forget this, it's not real.

  3. #6263
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  4. #6264
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The subtitle of the article is "Here are five surprise candidates on whom teams could use the amnesty clause" basically meaning "I just pulled 5 names out of my ass". All the non-surprising candidates are just guesses and assumptions anyway.

    ESPN just needs more content to justify charging for it.

  5. #6265
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    hahaha dont even start man....i tried to explain numerous times.
    Apparently, scoring isnt a big deal.

  6. #6266
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.

  7. #6267
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #6268
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    im not sure id amnisty him just yet... but he is a volume scorer... he needs to do something with shot selection. not to mention the rebounds & D...

  9. #6269
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
    I could come up with a lot of pros ... Depends what people want to focus on at a given time.

    But to the topic of the thread, there is no chance in hell Bargnani gets Amnestied.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  10. #6270
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope they don't cut him. Who do you fill that with? Even if we could hit a "home run" (which is in quotations because I think it would be a stupid idea) with someone like Nene...well he's average 12 and 7 in his career. I don't want that garbage I don't care if he is a better defender. He's also undersized. Chandler's already gone, and man is he getting overpaid. I'm not really seeing an option. We need to have a certain amount of salary.
    I don't think it's sentimental to keep Bargnani, I think if you're smart at all you think "how could I get back 20+ pts AND 6 rb (shit, hopefully more this year damn it) for 10 million?" Really think of that a second considering the contracts in the league these days which clearly are not going to change that much in the new agreement. Could we sign a wing AND a big for that money? Could we get a multiskilled high scoring forward for that low price?
    ESPN's writers and reporters are quite often full of shit and just looking to stir up a story where there is none. Really, I'm not even a Bargs fan, but there's no way we amnesty him this year, it would be a terrible decision. Maybe in another year or two.

  11. #6271
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

    I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

    Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Fri Dec 9th, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  12. #6272
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.

  13. #6273
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.
    Absolutely ... Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, and Shelden Williams in the top 5?
    A (soon to be retired) Roy, Randy Foye, Patrick O'Bryant and Sene in the top 10?
    Bargnani was a gem compared to them.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  14. #6274
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why would anyone think we should amnesty him? Even if you hate Bargs game, by using the amnesty on him you are saying that no one will give you a good trade for him -- Which I disagree. You still have to pay the guy. It's just off the cap. We have positional needs, at worst, this guy doesn't believe we could trade Bargs for expiring contracts?

    What a dumb article.

  15. #6275
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

    I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

    Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    dude, you really need to help me out in the Everything Bargnani Thread, hehehe

  16. #6276
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

    I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

    Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    PPG is NOT how you win a basketball game. You win ONLY by scoring more points than your opposition... whether thats 2 or 200.... anyway you can. You only need to manufacture points if you are unable to stop the opposition from scoring them. If you can't manufacture at a rate high enough to match your opposition you lose.

    Hence the problem with Bargnani.

  17. #6277
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Compare and identify the following two 7-foot NBA players (based on career regular season stats, per 36 minutes) -

    Player A (Age 23, 3 NBA seasons)

    18 ppg (14.0 shots per game), 8 RPG, 1.8 BPG.

    Player B (Age 26, 5 NBA seasons)

    18 ppg (15.0 shots per game), 5.8 RPG, 1.1 BPG.

    Hint: One player is rumoured to be in trade talks for Dwight Howard, and the other is rumoured to be a candidate for amnesty.

  18. #6278
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

    I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

    Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    The Raptors lost 60 games with the current cast of characters. They lost 60 games with Bargnani scoring those 20 ppg. So, how do you explain all of those losses? Treacherous teammates?

  19. #6279
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn. But I suppose Bargnani might be worth a bit more in the trade market than Calderon.

  20. #6280
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn.
    Pleasee don't let Damme Hate blind you into turning entirely personal opinions into unsubstantiated blanket facts.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •