View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 314 of 527 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    This is just the usual trolling article from ESPN, no substance.
    Does Tim W. work for ESPN now??? haha

Post Thanks / Like

Read the article. It's not worth posting. It's just the writers' opinion. There is no leak, no source, this is fantasy. Forget this, it's not real.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

The subtitle of the article is "Here are five surprise candidates on whom teams could use the amnesty clause" basically meaning "I just pulled 5 names out of my ass". All the non-surprising candidates are just guesses and assumptions anyway.

ESPN just needs more content to justify charging for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
    hahaha dont even start man....i tried to explain numerous times.
    Apparently, scoring isnt a big deal.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im not sure id amnisty him just yet... but he is a volume scorer... he needs to do something with shot selection. not to mention the rebounds & D...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
    I could come up with a lot of pros ... Depends what people want to focus on at a given time.

But to the topic of the thread, there is no chance in hell Bargnani gets Amnestied.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they don't cut him. Who do you fill that with? Even if we could hit a "home run" (which is in quotations because I think it would be a stupid idea) with someone like Nene...well he's average 12 and 7 in his career. I don't want that garbage I don't care if he is a better defender. He's also undersized. Chandler's already gone, and man is he getting overpaid. I'm not really seeing an option. We need to have a certain amount of salary.
    I don't think it's sentimental to keep Bargnani, I think if you're smart at all you think "how could I get back 20+ pts AND 6 rb (shit, hopefully more this year damn it) for 10 million?" Really think of that a second considering the contracts in the league these days which clearly are not going to change that much in the new agreement. Could we sign a wing AND a big for that money? Could we get a multiskilled high scoring forward for that low price?
    ESPN's writers and reporters are quite often full of shit and just looking to stir up a story where there is none. Really, I'm not even a Bargs fan, but there's no way we amnesty him this year, it would be a terrible decision. Maybe in another year or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.
    PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Fri Dec 9th, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Oh I'd also like to add people should stop ripping on him for being the #1 pick. IT was a crappy draft. All the more validated by the news that Roy, the only player with the makeup of a franchise player, is RETIRING BEFORE HE'S 30. It was a terrible draft and Colangelo made a mediocre decision. I'm not convinced this team would be any better with Aldridge. Gay and Rondo were the only other great picks in the draft. Well, no one drafts a perimeter player with no jumper with the #1 pick, unless they're an obvious freak like Lebron. And even then some guys get overlooked because of the preference for bigs, like Jordan, and Durant.
    Absolutely ... Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, and Shelden Williams in the top 5?
    A (soon to be retired) Roy, Randy Foye, Patrick O'Bryant and Sene in the top 10?
    Bargnani was a gem compared to them.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone think we should amnesty him? Even if you hate Bargs game, by using the amnesty on him you are saying that no one will give you a good trade for him -- Which I disagree. You still have to pay the guy. It's just off the cap. We have positional needs, at worst, this guy doesn't believe we could trade Bargs for expiring contracts?

What a dumb article.

Post Thanks / Like

PPG is how you win a basketball game, scoring more points than the opposition. Yes, defence is a paramount concern - but you still need to manufacture lots of points, in lots of scenarios, on lots of nights ... that's pretty big in the scheme of things, if you wanna win.

I'm not really interested in what the writer points out, where he doesn't speak with a high level of familiarity with the team and their roster. "worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size" ... source that 'fact'. Might as well say, "Everyone else is like a billion times better than him". Just annoying that a publication like ESPN puts out this kind of rabble.

Bargnani is a 1-dimensional player ... and he is elite in that dimension. You need a balance of elite talent to be a contender. So the answer is to keep the elite talent when you have it, and find other pieces that balance the roster (hello Ed, hello Jonas).
    dude, you really need to help me out in the Everything Bargnani Thread, hehehe

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

PPG is NOT how you win a basketball game. You win ONLY by scoring more points than your opposition... whether thats 2 or 200.... anyway you can. You only need to manufacture points if you are unable to stop the opposition from scoring them. If you can't manufacture at a rate high enough to match your opposition you lose.

Hence the problem with Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Compare and identify the following two 7-foot NBA players (based on career regular season stats, per 36 minutes) -

Player A (Age 23, 3 NBA seasons)

18 ppg (14.0 shots per game), 8 RPG, 1.8 BPG.

Player B (Age 26, 5 NBA seasons)

18 ppg (15.0 shots per game), 5.8 RPG, 1.1 BPG.

Hint: One player is rumoured to be in trade talks for Dwight Howard, and the other is rumoured to be a candidate for amnesty.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors lost 60 games with the current cast of characters. They lost 60 games with Bargnani scoring those 20 ppg. So, how do you explain all of those losses? Treacherous teammates?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn. But I suppose Bargnani might be worth a bit more in the trade market than Calderon.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I wish they could cut Calderon and Bargnani both, neither of them is worth a damn.
    Pleasee don't let Damme Hate blind you into turning entirely personal opinions into unsubstantiated blanket facts.

Thread Information