View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 349 of 528 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 10551

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Rookie big_chris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani hasn't even faced 100 possessions yet. Opponents have gone 3 for 28 in spot up situations against him. That's what you would call an outlier. Let's not be ridiculous about our expectations for him. He's got the whole season to establish himself as a legit, two-way player.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

More Twatter generated rubbish :

Andrea Bargnani
    M.V.P
    M.V.P
    M.V.P
    M.V.P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is playing great, but I don't really understand this statistic. It obviously is not the same as points per 100 possessions (ie, defensive rating) because if I look on basketball-reference.com, Bargnani has a DRating of 105.

Doing a quick search of all players who played a minimum of 10 games, Bargnani is ranked 197th:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...asc=Y&offset=0

105 is pretty good, but that doesn't make him a great defender. I'd think anything below 100 is the mark of a great defender. 105 is about an average defender. The one thing that I like about his defense this year is that he doesn't appear to be a liability on that end like he has been showing in previous years.
    PPP is a stat DraftExpress.com uses quite frequently to gauge defense in NBA prospects.

My understanding is it is the average points scored per possession including 2pt, 3pt, and ft.

Raptors Republic Rookie big_chris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    PPP is a stat DraftExpress.com uses quite frequently to gauge defense in NBA prospects.

My understanding is it is the average points scored per possession including 2pt, 3pt, and ft.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I think the PPP numbers are coming from Synnergysports ( DX uses them ). The basketball-reference DRat's are also just estimates. Synnergy grades you on play's you were directly involved in, basketball-reference uses a formula with data derived from the box score. Estimated DRat's are team stats.

You can pay for more in depth analysis, and video, but a good portion of what's there is free. http://www.mysynergysports.com/

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like