View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 56 of 527 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #1101
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    He's averaged close to 6 rebounds per 36 mpg his entire career. There's no reason to think this season will be any different.
    .

  2. #1102
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Six. I mean, IF he's offensive responsibilities gets bigger, I don't see how that could improve his rebounding. More emphasis on offense in any player's game does not warrant better defense (ie. Ron Artest - decent offense, great defense, Carmelo Anthony - great offence, lousy defence, unless your name is LeBron or Wade).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  3. #1103
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I said 7, but he could easily average 8. Who knows what happens if Amir is able to stay on the floor.

  4. #1104
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I said 7, but he could easily average 8. Who knows what happens if Amir is able to stay on the floor.
    Amir said he weighs 237. Players usually lose weight during the season if they are playing.

    I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.

    There should be a lot of rebounds available for Bargnani without even to having to go after them.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  5. #1105
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    8 rebounds?! come on people lets be realistic here, he will score 20 points a night but 8 rebounds, ain't happening unless he changes his game.

  6. #1106
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    8 rebounds?! come on people lets be realistic here, he will score 20 points a night but 8 rebounds, ain't happening unless he changes his game.
    Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.

  7. #1107
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Amir said he weighs 237. Players usually lose weight during the season if they are playing.

    I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.

    There should be a lot of rebounds available for Bargnani without even to having to go after them.
    It has nothing really to do with weight. Amir has always been a foul machine - ever since he came out of HS and playing in the league.

  8. #1108
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.
    Why? b/c if he is the same Bargs that I've been watching for the past 4 seasons, then a logical fan would know that this guy, regardless of who is on the floor, has no motivation to get a rebound, boxes out? yes, but rarely do you see him get his hands all over the racket to try and get rebounds like Bosh did, and plz don't tell me its b/c of Bosh, its actually the other way around.

  9. #1109
    Raptors Republic Starter Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now children simmer down.... Can we all agree that an improvement is very likely? Can we all agree that it will be in the 7-8 Rpg range? His assertiveness should go up as he builds an ego about being "the Guy" - Plus he's going to be forced to play inside atleast marginally more because of the lack of an offensive go-to-guy down there... Also he's likely going to be the lone big in some small-ball lineups...
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

  10. #1110
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    It has nothing really to do with weight. Amir has always been a foul machine - ever since he came out of HS and playing in the league.
    It has everything to do with weight.

    Go analyze his fouls and you will see that a lot of them are due to his trying to guard stronger heavier guys

    On top of that his career average for rebounds is only 10 per 36 minutes. So even if can control his fouls he is not going to play 36 mpg.

    Learn your stuff my friend.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #1111
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    By the way we know that Dorsey is very good rebounder.

    He mentioned on live chat that he weighs 280 and regularly bench presses around 315 pounds.

    I think that that weight and strength helps him clear enough space to grab them rebounds.

    Weight does matter when it comes to rebounding, straight up.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #1112
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's been nothing that suggests Bargs' "hunger" for rebounds has improved. He'll get those that come to him for sure, but I can't see him go after it (each and every night) and get 8 a game. I see him maintaining his average. Of course, I would love to be wrong.

  13. #1113
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    By the way we know that Dorsey is very good rebounder.

    He mentioned on live chat that he weighs 280 and regularly bench presses around 315 pounds.

    I think that that weight and strength helps him clear enough space to grab them rebounds.

    Weight does matter when it comes to rebounding, straight up.
    Does it really? Ask Eddy Curry how thats working out for him.

    Being heavy doesnt equate you to being a prolific rebounder.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Sep 27th, 2010 at 08:39 PM.

  14. #1114
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It has everything to do with weight.

    Go analyze his fouls and you will see that a lot of them are due to his trying to guard stronger heavier guys

    On top of that his career average for rebounds is only 10 per 36 minutes. So even if can control his fouls he is not going to play 36 mpg.

    Learn your stuff my friend.
    I dont think you're in any real position to criticise me, friend. Your track record on here isnt exactly stellar. Amir 's problems doesnt stem entirely from lack of girth, it's because he uses his hands too much when he defends and he's caught out of position. He should be able to easily stay in front of guys at his position. He has the speed and length to. Shit, Bosh did that his first year in the league and was pit against guys who were heavier than him.

  15. #1115
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I dont think you're in any real position to criticise me, friend. Your track record on here isnt exactly stellar. Amir 's problems doesnt stem entirely from lack of girth, it's because he uses his hands too much when he defends and he's caught out of position. He should be able to easily stay in front of guys at his position. He has the speed and length to. Shit, Bosh did that his first year in the league and was pit against guys who were heavier than him.
    Both yourself and Buddah raise good points and I think you are both correct.

    Some added size and strength to Johnson would certainly help his positioning on D i.e. he'll be able to hold his own and he might not have to use his hands to pick up the b.s. fouls.

    The size is only good if he keeps his footspeed/speed/agility though. It is a very fine line.

  16. #1116
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post
    8-9 rebounds a game. I will be willing to bet sircilly and tim. The loser gets banned from the raptors republic board????
    Nice play bro...I doubt either one has the balls to take you up on it though...

  17. #1117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Nice play bro...I doubt either one has the balls to take you up on it though...
    What do you know about balls (Tony Montana voice)- Mr. Vagina Monologues aka RaptorRoo...............

    As for Frankthetank he pm'd this facetious balderdash the other day:
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/pr...owpm&pmid=2197
    I don't like you LOL
    Just wanted to tell you that you suck as a raptors basher. I'd like to see you broken over Triano's knee's LOL. This forum isn't for guys from BC its from guys from Ontario where the Raptors play. There are many blogs and boards to talk basketball please take your negativity to those blogs and boards. Thank-you in advance


    Btw- I don't want Frankthetank to get banned over such a sure bet only to re-register under another alias......lol

  18. #1118
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.
    How about that awesome quote of "My goal this year is to be an all-star and dunk on Shaq."

  19. #1119
    Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.

    There were a lot of team rebounds which Bosh grabbed just for his stats' sake

  20. #1120
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pistol pete wrote: View Post
    There were a lot of team rebounds which Bosh grabbed just for his stats' sake
    I think out of the 10-11 boards per game that Bosh averaged during his all-star years in Toronto, I'm sure Bargnani can find 1-2 rebounds out of that.

Page 56 of 527 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •