View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 71 of 527 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

it's based on common sense and logic. i mean ya he could probably play for the clippers but no playoff contender would want him, especially as a starter. hitting 3 pointers isn't exactly an in-demand skill for a 7 footer, especially on contending teams.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    it's based on common sense and logic. i mean ya he could probably play for the clippers but no playoff contender would want him, especially as a starter. hitting 3 pointers isn't exactly an in-demand skill for a 7 footer, especially on contending teams.
    so its based on nothing. gotcha

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Thanks for showing up. Im sure a 7 ft 3 balling, shot blocking, shutdown one on one defender averaging 17 pts and 6 rbs and 2.5 blocks a game is not of value to the raptors is he nubreed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

His post defense is good...Bargnani can play defense in certain areas of the game; heís just bad when guys face up against him and he doesnít help very well.

Thatís why a change to the power forward slot and bringing in a defensive stopper inside would help him and his career so much...

How can someone who is better off guarding the post, and poor in guarding face-up guys, be better at the PF position? It drives me crazy when people keep saying he's better off at the PF spot and then go on to give contradicting reasons.

It sounds more like what he needs is a good defensive PF (and no, he's never had that luxury). But ultimately, it sounds more like he's just not THAT good. Great bench player, poor starter, absolutely terrible franchise player.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

and what exactly is your man-love for bargs based on?

edit: shutdown one on one defender? gtfo

and you bring up 17 and 6 like its something amazing lol please stop

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What is with your hate for Bargs?

Or is it that you hate the Raptors?

I bet on that. If we traded Bargs, you would just whine and bitch about Amir...or Jack..or Barbosa. Don't worry, it's called "Torontosportsfanitis", many people suffer from it with you. Try and take a positive outlook on things.

Post Thanks / Like

im not the biggest bargs fan in the city. he's alright, but but if he left the team i wouldnt be heartbroken and beside myself like the bosh-ballwashers are...

but he HASN'T played anywhere but here. to say he'd be a failure somewhere else, when he hasn't had the oppurtunity to (or even shown a desire to play anywhere else) is outright stupid

just because you think a player is a failure on one team, doesnt mean he cant work in another system.

elton brand was a f'ing MONSTER on the clippers.. in philly he's a dud

devin harris was an afterthought in dallas, and now he's considered all-star calibre

to say somebody "COULDN'T" play somewhere and then say its based on "common sense and logic" is infantile and actually defies "common sense and logic"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That was amazing

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, it's getting exhausting reading all of this hate on Bargnani ... and Jose ... I'm not talking about what Shaq says, he's a legend - but I used to love spending lots of time on forums talking about our Raptors team ... what moves we could make ... how good we could become ... now over half of the comments have to include a negative twist on our players.

As a happy person and eternal optimist, all the negative energy gives me a headache.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Man, it's getting exhausting reading all of this hate on Bargnani ... and Jose ... I'm not talking about what Shaq says, he's a legend - but I used to love spending lots of time on forums talking about our Raptors team ... what moves we could make ... how good we could become ... now over half of the comments have to include a negative twist on our players.

As a happy person and eternal optimist, all the negative energy gives me a headache.
    Dude thank you for making that comment. I can't stand it that every thread, even an "appreciation" thread, gets subverted by all the haters. I'm with you, keep a positive outlook. We have an exciting young team, lets get it going !

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been in the league for five years. I no longer care if he was drafted 1st or 20th. If he returns to the form most of us expect (good but not great) then can't we at least be happy with his output per dollar? Or would you consider him overpaid (again, assuming he regains his regular form, not this preseason junk we've seen so far)?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If defensive studs at center were easy to get, Andrea would be a forward by now. See: Tyson Chandler, Erick Dampier.

Defensively, I think he can match up against C's and PF's equally well one-on-one. If the problem his help defence, why not move him to PF, thus lessening his help responsibilities? Does it need to be more complicated than that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    If defensive studs at center were easy to get, Andrea would be a forward by now. See: Tyson Chandler, Erick Dampier.

Defensively, I think he can match up against C's and PF's equally well one-on-one. If the problem his help defence, why not move him to PF, thus lessening his help responsibilities? Does it need to be more complicated than that?
    i agree with you.. it makes more sense to have him moved over to PF... the only problem is who currently on the raps roster takes his place at C? The majority of our bigs are unproven other than some summer league and preseason games.. and those really dont mean shit at all

chandler would have been absolutely perfect... too bad that ship has sailed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

YOU ARE A SMELLY PIRATE HOOKER

sorry... had to

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    YOU ARE A SMELLY PIRATE HOOKER
    LMAO ... I actually just laughed out loud reading that.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Dampier? No one has signed him yet i don't think. Or maybe use our TPE to try to get okafor when the hornets flounder.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    What about Dampier? No one has signed him yet i don't think. Or maybe use our TPE to try to get okafor when the hornets flounder.
    One of those guys would fit the bill. I would love if somehow we could mould Amir into an undersized C, but not gonna happen. They could always give Alabi some roids and beef him up lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaq is right Bargnani is afraid of contact I don't know how many folks go at him and he doesn't put a hard foul on anyone that I can recall.

Tonight he will get shut the fcuk down if Boston goes w/ its starters most of the way. Garnett punks soft players like Bargnani aka "No Star".....

I would take Danilo over Bargnani as well. Sure AB is very skilled offensively but even there he's inconsistent over 82 games.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Oct 15th, 2010 at 04:27 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Shaq is right Bargnani is afraid of contact I don't know how many folks go at him and he doesn't put a hard foul on anyone that I can recall.

Tonight he will get shut the fcuk down if Boston goes w/ its starters most of the way. Garnett will punks soft players like Bargnani aka "No Star".....

I would take Danilo over Bargnani as well. Sure AB is very skilled offensively but even there he's inconsistent over 82 games.
    The Vancouver Grizzlies left Canada because of people like you

Page 71 of 527 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Thread Information