View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 78 of 527 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #1541
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    Tim W.

    "Bargnani was 80th per 48 minutes. 80th!!!! You simply cannot defend that."

    How could Andrea grab rebounds when on *most* offensive plays coach has him parked out at the 3 point line?
    Can we stop blaming the coach, please? It's simply not true that it's the coaches that tell Bargnani to stay out by the 3 point line. Bargnani is simply more comfortable there. And your excuse only makes sense in regards to offensive rebounding. Maybe you could explain why someone like Troy Murphy, who actually took MORE 3 point shots despite playing 8 fewer games, was able to finish 7th in the league in rebounding despite being parked out at the 3 point line?

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    I don't know what the opposing teams Shooting% was last years but I bet it was higher then most in the NBA. Meaning there wasn't a lot of opportunity for Defensive Rebounds because our team OVERALL defense was garbage....
    Only five teams gave up MORE offensive rebounds than the Raptors. What that means is that, no matter what the opposing team was shooting, the Raptors were still giving more rebounds to the other team than most of the rest of the league. There were clearly plenty of rebounds available for the Raptors to grab, but they allowed the opposing team to grab them instead. And those rebounds that were available were on the defensive end for the Raptors. In other words, there's absolutely no excuse why Bargnani didn't grab more of them.

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    But wait let's me get my Andrea Punching bag out one more time. Yep it was all your fault Andrea for your lack of help defense in a Wacked system.

    How can a guy be blamed for his lack of Help defense when Calderon & Turkey-Glue hung him out to dry? How can a guy expect to play in a structured manner when the team clearly blew-up last year? I know Bargnani looks bewildered at times but maybe it's because he can't grasp the dilapidated team defense last year. He need a solid system to flourish. Not one that changes faster then Tiger's career.
    Have I ever blamed Bargnani solely for the poor defense? No, so please don't pretend that I have. He is, however, a big part of the problem. You can make up as many excuses as you want as to WHY he is such a poor team defender, but the fact remains that he is. He doesn't look any better when he plays with better defensive players. You just have to watch him to realize that he simply doesn't understand how to play team defense. He's not the only one who does things wrong, but he consistently makes bad plays on defense, and that simply can't be blamed on anyone else. If Bargnani were making good defensive decisions out there, but being asked to do too much because of other players playing bad defense, I could easily excuse this. But he's making bad decisions out there consistently, which makes a inadequate defense look even worse.

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    You seem to have a lot of fire Tim W. but I think your riding Andrea a little to hard. We know how you feel about Bargnani, we read it over & over & over & over. Aren't your fingers exhausted from the Drea bashing train? Can you just let the train ride and bash....hmmmm I don't know.... somebody who deserves it. No wait.... lets bash our #1 option so he can feel welcome in T Dot. Big difference between talking about somebody's faults and Beating a Dead Horse into the Ground.
    I have a lot of fire because I find it appalling that people continually overlook or make excuses for his fatal flaws. Fatal flaws which will prevent the team from ever excelling while he's a big part of it. If people wouldn't constantly make excuses for Bargnani I wouldn't constantly have to poke holes in the validity of those excuses.

    I don't ever start threads about Bargnani. I almost never bring him up. I'm well aware of my reputation on here. The fact that you don't feel that Bargnani deserves criticism is exactly my point though. He does. He's not the player that some seem to believe. He's an extremely poor rebounder and an extremely poor defender. You can't win with a big man who is like that.

    You want me to shut up about Bargnani, maybe people have to stop making excuses for him and pumping him up as something he simply is not.

    Hey, you really want me to shut up about him, get him traded off the team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #1542
    Raptors Republic Rookie Colin Alschotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with Shaq, because Bargs won't get enough votes from TO fans to get a start (he isn't talked about that much outside the city, really) and the coaches haven't seen enough from him to give him a reserve role. With an Eastern Conference that has D12, Bosh, Amare, KG and Shaq (amongst other more popular/proven 4's and 5's), how does Bargnani get in?

    Say what you want about Shaq, but he's got a pretty damn good resume that speaks for itself. We all know he says what he wants when he wants and doesn't care how anyone feels about it, so if Bargs saw or read that interview, he should just use it as motivation to produce at an All-Star level - we'd all throw it back at the Diesel if Bargs did make it to the court for an All-Star Weekend.

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Doc Rivers said it, I'd take it serious but Shaq? Come on now, the man is insecure and immature. Funny as hell at times but insecure and immature. He's somewhat tainted his image over the past five years with his lame ass quotes.
    I guess you feel he's lost a step since this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BoeBedZ3k

  3. #1543
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been on a whole lot of sports boards in my day. Since Bargnani has entered the league I've seen great pessimism everywhere. Raptors Republic forums are not special in the case.

    It all comes back to the #1 tag. Had he been taken 20th there would be no problem but he was taken 1st and with being taken first comes high expectations. In this case unrealistic expectations.
    Agreed but let's not forget he was taken 1st in a vey weak draft where few had any better consensus picks. He was a bit of a gamble as all picks that year would have been. That said he averaged 17, 6 and 1.5 blocks which very few players in the NBA do. He makes less money than many shitty NBA players with less numbers, less character etc..
    He's only 25 years old , never played U.S. style ball, was raised as a shooting guard and has had to learn how to play center.
    He has numerous talents, and a few defeciencies that are obvious yet nowhere near as bad to all as to the same group that rehashes them over and over and over on this site and a few others.
    He earns pretty much what he's worth and the salary comparisons would prove that.
    He has unquestioned character and off court presence ( not important to some but very important to me and others as I've stated before I would rather have a losing entertaining team, than a winning team full of thugs, druggies, gun slingers, wife beaters, and egotistical dicks.
    He answers ever media question the same as he always has..with grace, smarts, class and humbleness. He has never ever blamed anyone else or dissed anyone including RuPaul who did not extend one finger to ever help him.
    And yes I am tired of seeing everything posted turn into Andrea's fault, and a regurgitated diatribe of his weakness etc...
    He alone is not the cause of the Raptors whoes ( far from it) and yet he takes the brunt of most everything. It really is disheartening to see supposed fans trash him day in and out no matter what...let's just say you don'tlike him and leave it at that and you can cheer someday when he gets traded.

  4. #1544
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Can we stop blaming the coach, please? It's simply not true that it's the coaches that tell Bargnani to stay out by the 3 point line. Bargnani is simply more comfortable there. And your excuse only makes sense in regards to offensive rebounding. Maybe you could explain why someone like Troy Murphy, who actually took MORE 3 point shots despite playing 8 fewer games, was able to finish 7th in the league in rebounding despite being parked out at the 3 point line?


    Only five teams gave up MORE offensive rebounds than the Raptors. What that means is that, no matter what the opposing team was shooting, the Raptors were still giving more rebounds to the other team than most of the rest of the league. There were clearly plenty of rebounds available for the Raptors to grab, but they allowed the opposing team to grab them instead. And those rebounds that were available were on the defensive end for the Raptors. In other words, there's absolutely no excuse why Bargnani didn't grab more of them.



    Have I ever blamed Bargnani solely for the poor defense? No, so please don't pretend that I have. He is, however, a big part of the problem. You can make up as many excuses as you want as to WHY he is such a poor team defender, but the fact remains that he is. He doesn't look any better when he plays with better defensive players. You just have to watch him to realize that he simply doesn't understand how to play team defense. He's not the only one who does things wrong, but he consistently makes bad plays on defense, and that simply can't be blamed on anyone else. If Bargnani were making good defensive decisions out there, but being asked to do too much because of other players playing bad defense, I could easily excuse this. But he's making bad decisions out there consistently, which makes a inadequate defense look even worse.



    I have a lot of fire because I find it appalling that people continually overlook or make excuses for his fatal flaws. Fatal flaws which will prevent the team from ever excelling while he's a big part of it. If people wouldn't constantly make excuses for Bargnani I wouldn't constantly have to poke holes in the validity of those excuses.

    I don't ever start threads about Bargnani. I almost never bring him up. I'm well aware of my reputation on here. The fact that you don't feel that Bargnani deserves criticism is exactly my point though. He does. He's not the player that some seem to believe. He's an extremely poor rebounder and an extremely poor defender. You can't win with a big man who is like that.

    You want me to shut up about Bargnani, maybe people have to stop making excuses for him and pumping him up as something he simply is not.

    Hey, you really want me to shut up about him, get him traded off the team.
    Tim most of us agree Bargnani is a poor help defender and we are hoping / expecting him to improve. That said most of our team this year and last were / are horrible defenders yet get nowhere near the crap Bargnani gets.
    Also one other point from me; If Bargnani became a better weak side defender it would not improve this team much because everyone else is still fairly weak leaving other guys open...the Chicago game was a great example that you and others blamed mostly on Bargs defense yet I ask you why Bargs should have to leave his man on virtually every play to cover the penetrating guard which should not be his fault. Help defense should be just that help defense. Instead on this team help defense means somehow Bargnani is responsible for both guards and all three forwards on most possesions because Jose, Jack, DeMar etc.. cannot keep their man in front of them, nor steer them the right way.

  5. #1545
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    actually... i take it back... i just went back and checked the last couple pages... almost every one of those threads was started by that SMH dude.. i must have come back to the board on a day he forgot to take his ritalin...
    That smh dude has nothing better to do with himself because he's not a fan, and is a full time hater of predominately the Euro dudes. If you remember while slamming Bargs and al the Euros he normally supports stupid ideas like getting Arenas, or West.
    I for one am very happy for one thing on this team that B.C. and MLSE do right and that is they stick to players that have some character and stay away from bums that are a constant disturbance no matter how much talent they have.
    Look at who they draft and trade for to see what I mean: Davis, Alabi, Barbosa, Kleiza, Anderson, Weems, DeRozan, Bargnani ... all guys without dirty baggage and some measure of class.

  6. #1546
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Hahahahahaha!! Nice shot here for sirchillywillydicky except that he cannot defend that because he spends all his time hating on guys that just want to enjoy some basketball and support their team...
    He's still living in the past jumping in t defend CB$ the Milk Mustache Douche whenever he has to.

  7. #1547
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not going to agree or disagree with Shaq but I will say this. Why do we care what Shaq thinks? It seems like Shaq takes it as an insult when young seven footers get high praise, especially those to don't approach the game with an old school mentality and a desire for high fat foots. The list is long but I'll name a few here. He dissed Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Chris Bosh(come on, he's closer to seven foot than 2.5cm is to an inch) and of course Andrea Bargnani. Shaq thought process:
    • Bargnani isn't a tradition center or even PF, strike one.
    • Bargnani got some high praise by somebody because he's now "the man" in Toronto, strike two and three.

    He's out in Shaq's mind. Time to kick the guy getting some attention that he feels he deserves for being the seventh or eighth option on the Celtics' coattail.

    If Doc Rivers said it, I'd take it serious but Shaq? Come on now, the man is insecure and immature. Funny as hell at times but insecure and immature. He's somewhat tainted his image over the past five years with his lame ass quotes.
    Absolutely...right or wrong who cares what Shaq thinks. He also said Kobe can't win without him.

  8. #1548
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Tim most of us agree Bargnani is a poor help defender and we are hoping / expecting him to improve. That said most of our team this year and last were / are horrible defenders yet get nowhere near the crap Bargnani gets.
    Also one other point from me; If Bargnani became a better weak side defender it would not improve this team much because everyone else is still fairly weak leaving other guys open...the Chicago game was a great example that you and others blamed mostly on Bargs defense yet I ask you why Bargs should have to leave his man on virtually every play to cover the penetrating guard which should not be his fault. Help defense should be just that help defense. Instead on this team help defense means somehow Bargnani is responsible for both guards and all three forwards on most possesions because Jose, Jack, DeMar etc.. cannot keep their man in front of them, nor steer them the right way.
    While no one on the team is beyond criticism on the defense end so far, the only player that is in the same category as Bargnani in terms of bad defense is Calderon, who also gets plenty of crap. So why do I criticize Bargnani and not Calderon? Well there are several reasons.

    The first is that Calderon's defense has actually been somewhat adequate in the preseason. Most people don't notice that because he's already been hung with that reputation. He's still not a good defender, by any means, but he's not nearly the liability he was the last two years. Bargnani, on the other, has been even worse defensively, partly because he's been defending more PFs and playing less post defense, which is his only defensive strength.

    Secondly, Bargnani plays a position where being a good defender is imperative. Just as I expect my PG to be a good passer and ball handler, I expect my big men to be good rebounders and defenders. Why? Because, historically, that's what you needed to win. And, quite frankly, you can get away with a PG that doesn't pass well as long as the offense can be run through SOMEONE who is an excellent passer. It definitely helps, though.

    Thirdly, Calderon, despite his historically poor defense, has had a generally positive effect on the team while he's on the floor. Bargnani has not. Both are obviously offensive players, but Calderon not only shoots well, he helps others as well. Bargnani is a poor passer, and while he does open up the middle being bringing his man outside, he needs help to score and has two fatal flaws (defense AND rebounding) as opposed to just one with Calderon.

    Also, why are you expecting Bargnani to improve? Has he improved his team defense over the last four years, despite playing an average of nearly 30 mpg during that time? Are people expecting Amir Johnson to become a good scorer? I'm certainly not. He hasn't shown the type of game that would ever make him a 20 ppg scorer, or even averaging in the mid-high teens. At some point, fans have to realize that Bargnani is who he is. People seem to be expecting him to turn into a different player. He's not going to.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  9. #1549
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think this thread illustrates perfectly why fans are so passionately split on Bargnani; it underlies a rift in thinking between those who really understand basketball and casual fans. Yes that's an overgeneralization, but that really seems to be it. Unless you really know what you're looking at, Bargnani seems to be a solid player: he stretches the D, he hits shots, he can drive, he throws down the odd dunk, he gets blocks, etc etc. In the highlight culture of pro sports, he provides enough glimpses for people to jump on his bandwagon.

    That being said, what you don't see unless you really watch him and him alone is the total lack of energy on defense, the unwillingness to bump cutters and push his man out of their comfort zone, the poor positioning on defense and while rebounding, the lack of counters in his extremely limited offensive arsenal, the lack of recognition of when to look for his shot and when to defer, etc etc. In short, what you don't see is that Bargnani lacks feel for the game despite 4 years in the league and a lot of minutes. By their 5th year, most players have either put it together or never will.

    I sincerely hope that Bargs DOES figure out how to be an effective NBA big man, but so far he hasn't and it doesn't really look like he will. That doesn't mean he's a bad basketball player, that he lacks skill or that he can't contribute on a team that masks his deficiencies (put him next to Dwight Howard and there'd be a lot less complaining, for example). He could surprise us this year if the light comes on and the mental side of his game develops, but until it does he won't be a good fit with this team. Luckilly the more time he spends on the court, the better the draft selection the Raps are likely to nab next spring.

  10. #1550
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not saying Bargnani is God, just a distant relative.... ;-) I don't know why this has to be such a Black & White debate. Can't we agree on a Grey Area in between? I'll defend somebody who's getting the short end of the stick and Bargnani is getting the butt end.

    People here gotta realize this web-site represents a portion of Raptors fan opinions. What size? 20%? 40%? 80%? Who knows, but I disagree on the general tone set forth here on Bargnani. I understand fans are VERY impatient for some quality wins with a quality team. I'm have no inside scoop. No media pass. Damn this web-site is my closest connection to the Raptors.
    Does that mean my playground basketball skills and Arm-Chair opinions are out to left field? I like to think not. I cheer for the Under-Dog. For the Blue-Collar Worker. For the long shot. Maybe that because I'm a Raptor fans who knows.

    If the Raptors embrace the REGGIE 'Know Your Role' EVANS attitude this year we could end up surprising people with our Determination. I'm not talking playoff, just good basketball with defined players I can cheer for because of the effort.

    Last night’s game against a ****VERY BAD**** Knicks bench was a great example on how fan can impact a game through sheer belief. The fans believed, so the Raptors believed. There is no magic potion. No expensive personal trainer. There is no 1 person that can make you "Larry! Larry! Larry!". But the FANS can and DO impact a player performance. We are the Sixth Man. Let’s put ourselves in games more and give this team the boost they need. Critics are a CRUCIAL component to let you know what you missed and what can be improved. But let’s be more supportive and less Bashing.

    Look at how the Quebec's Bell Centre crowd did a GERAT job of being supportive of a team. They brought the WAVE back. Who cares if it was Ol'School. The FANS were AWESOME!

  11. #1551
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying Bargnani is God, just a distant relative.... ;-) I don't know why this has to be such a Black & White debate. Can't we agree on a Grey Area in between? I'll defend somebody who's getting the short end of the stick and Bargnani is getting the butt end.

    People here gotta realize this web-site represents a portion of Raptors fan opinions. What size? 20%? 40%? 80%? Who knows, but I disagree on the general tone set forth here on Bargnani. I understand fans are VERY impatient for some quality wins with a quality team. I'm have no inside scoop. No media pass. Damn this web-site is my closest connection to the Raptors.
    Does that mean my playground basketball skills and Arm-Chair opinions are out to left field? I like to think not. I cheer for the Under-Dog. For the Blue-Collar Worker. For the long shot. Maybe that because I'm a Raptor fans who knows.

    If the Raptors embrace the REGGIE 'Know Your Role' EVANS attitude this year we could end up surprising people with our Determination. I'm not talking playoff, just good basketball with defined players I can cheer for because of the effort.

    Last night’s game against a ****VERY BAD**** Knicks bench was a great example on how fan can impact a game through sheer belief. The fans believed, so the Raptors believed. There is no magic potion. No expensive personal trainer. There is no 1 person that can make you "Larry! Larry! Larry!". But the FANS can and DO impact a player performance. We are the Sixth Man. Let’s put ourselves in games more and give this team the boost they need. Critics are a CRUCIAL component to let you know what you missed and what can be improved. But let’s be more supportive and less Bashing.

    Look at how the Quebec's Bell Centre crowd did a GERAT job of being supportive of a team. They brought the WAVE back. Who cares if it was Ol'School. The FANS were AWESOME!
    This is where I don't really understand where some people come from. I AM supportive of the team. I watch all their games, I cheer for them to win and am happy when they do.

    Part of being a fan is that I want what's best for the team. I'm not a passive fan that will blindly agree with whatever is put in front of me. I don't think it would shock anyone here to hear that I tend not to keep my opinions to myself in life, why should basketball be any different?

    When the Raptors drafted Ed Davis I was thrilled because I felt he should have been drafted much higher and will probably end up being one of the 5 or 6 best players in the draft. It's also why I was so adamant that the Raptors not draft Avery Bradley at 13. I think Bradley might end up being a good 3rd guard off the bench, but the last thing the Raptors needed was another bench player with the 13th pick. They needed a future starter.

    If I feel something or someone is not right for the team, I'm going to be vocal about it. To me, THAT'S being a fan.

    Keep in mind, that I have never, ever booed a team or player that was on a team I was a fan of, including the Raptors (the only player I ever booed was Steve Francis). I think Raptor fans are far too quick to boo their team. Partly, I think, it's because they don't quite understand basketball. Or maybe they're just more fickle than most fans. I don't know.

    But I am so critical of Bargnani BECAUSE I am a Raptor fan. If I wasn't, I really wouldn't care.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  12. #1552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    First rule of bargnani stans : It was the coaches fault,Bosh fault or the offense we runs fault....

  13. #1553
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tim... I think you are assuming too much. I never said you weren't supportive of the team or some other things I’m too tire to write about. You wouldn't spend your precious time writing about a struggling team at the bottom if you weren't a Fan. I made this thread to help balance out all the negative stuff Drea is getting.

    It was not directed at you, but towards the general tone people have here. You came on this thread 'Gunz a Blazing' ready to defend Bargnani’s faults till your fingers hurt. I think I touched on a sensitive area with you. But can’t I be positive about Andrea without somebody jumping in the conversation reminding about his faults? I know he needs to improve in areas. Who doesn’t? But it’s ridiculous to keep on him like that.

    With Andrea it a pure confidence thing I think. People have blamed Andrea too much. He’s a BIG THICK dude with a lot of skills. And over the last couple year he’s played every position but point guard. Drea do this… wait do that now… ok…now try this… I think he’s taking everything in stride. The game will come to him. Defense is the toughest thing to learn in B Ball. He’s trying to let it come natural without pushing the issue I think. He gets his own shot off all the time. They just aren’t dropping, but they are Dam close and nobody is blocking it. And he shoots from EVERYWHERE. He’s young and learned a lot so far. So what is the hurry? To make the haters happy? Drea is probably ecstatic to be in the NBA. He knows it will come. Does he wish Brandon Roy was picked 1st? Maybe. It’s almost like winning Coach of The Year. A curse to be #1.

    I will give the people here props just for posting stuff on this web-site, but this took way too much time out of my life defending Drea.

    Come on Bargnani… Let’s go Buddy!

  14. #1554
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    Tim... I think you are assuming too much. I never said you weren't supportive of the team or some other things I’m too tire to write about. You wouldn't spend your precious time writing about a struggling team at the bottom if you weren't a Fan. I made this thread to help balance out all the negative stuff Drea is getting.

    It was not directed at you, but towards the general tone people have here. You came on this thread 'Gunz a Blazing' ready to defend Bargnani’s faults till your fingers hurt. I think I touched on a sensitive area with you. But can’t I be positive about Andrea without somebody jumping in the conversation reminding about his faults? I know he needs to improve in areas. Who doesn’t? But it’s ridiculous to keep on him like that.

    With Andrea it a pure confidence thing I think. People have blamed Andrea too much. He’s a BIG THICK dude with a lot of skills. And over the last couple year he’s played every position but point guard. Drea do this… wait do that now… ok…now try this… I think he’s taking everything in stride. The game will come to him. Defense is the toughest thing to learn in B Ball. He’s trying to let it come natural without pushing the issue I think. He gets his own shot off all the time. They just aren’t dropping, but they are Dam close and nobody is blocking it. And he shoots from EVERYWHERE. He’s young and learned a lot so far. So what is the hurry? To make the haters happy? Drea is probably ecstatic to be in the NBA. He knows it will come. Does he wish Brandon Roy was picked 1st? Maybe. It’s almost like winning Coach of The Year. A curse to be #1.

    I will give the people here props just for posting stuff on this web-site, but this took way too much time out of my life defending Drea.

    Come on Bargnani… Let’s go Buddy!
    PapiJulio,

    I understand where you're coming from. I really do. The problem is your entire third paragraph. I have never, ever encountered a player that has been given so many excuses by his fans than Bargnani. And I've been following the NBA since long before expanding to Toronto was even a twinkle in David Stern's eye. He needs more confidence, he's been yanked around by coaches, defense is tough to learn etc etc.

    It's been FOUR YEARS. At some point, you have to realize that your girlfriend isn't giving blowjobs to all your friends because she's looking for someone to settle down with. She's just a slut.

    Bargnani has played almost exclusively center for his entire NBA career. He had a brief period when Jermaine O'Neal was in town where he was asked to play SF. Besides that, he split time with Nesterovic at the position, and has been the starting center for the last year and a half. If that's getting jerked around, I'd love to see stable. ANY player would love to be put in the situation that Bargnani has been in the last four years. I think what the Raptors have attempted to do with the development of Bargnani should be a case study. He was given a capable veteran with a Championship ring to mentor him at the position and didn't put any pressure on him at first, allowing him to develop at his own rate. He had Chris Bosh to play beside to take the pressure off him, so he didn't have teams focus their defense on him. They even traded O'Neal away when Bargnani seemed to be ready to take over the position. You think Darko Milicic wouldn't have killed to have been given the same opportunities?

    I also think that people are somewhat confused here. As far as I know, Bargnani has never read anything I have written. My comments are not directed at him, but at his fans that make excuse after excuse and ignore what to many of us is blindingly obvious. I certainly haven't said ANYTHING that I'm sure Bargnani hasn't heard before. And if he hasn't, maybe it's about time he does hear it.

    The problem is that his fans make claims like that his rebounding is not that bad (it is) and he blocks a lot of shots so MUST be pretty good defensively (he's not). I have no problem with someone supporting him and wanting him to do better, but I'm going to speak up when I read someone saying something that simply isn't true.

    I blasted someone on one of the main pages articles for saying that DeRozan was better than Kobe at the same age. And I like DeRozan's game. I also have DEFENDED Bargnani on occasion when I felt someone was saying something that wasn't true.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  15. #1555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    That smh dude has nothing better to do with himself because he's not a fan, and is a full time hater of predominately the Euro dudes. If you remember while slamming Bargs and al the Euros he normally supports stupid ideas like getting Arenas, or West.
    I for one am very happy for one thing on this team that B.C. and MLSE do right and that is they stick to players that have some character and stay away from bums that are a constant disturbance no matter how much talent they have.
    Look at who they draft and trade for to see what I mean: Davis, Alabi, Barbosa, Kleiza, Anderson, Weems, DeRozan, Bargnani ... all guys without dirty baggage and some measure of class.
    Make up some more particulars why don't you?lol I have never advocated, shown support for Toronto to acquire either Arenas or West (Delonte) nor would I ever. smh

  16. #1556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargnani & Rebounding

    Are you like me ?
    Do you get frustrated when he doesnt rebound and gives you those assinine stat lines for a C of 18 pts/2 rebs

    Its like i dont care if the team wins or loses (cuz i expect nothing this year) so it dont matter...but in my books he'll never be impactful or worth his pick if he doesnt rebound the ball...i dont care about his scoring,its irrelevant....if doesnt rebound and D up he
    s going to be a big ass 7 foot bum to me......cuz bottomline is we aint winning with no center whos allergic to rebounding and doing whats bigs have to do...its frustrating that this guy dont board....doesnt bang doesnt get dirty doesnt put himself under the bucket...doesnt want too...

    Equally sickening to me is the disregarding of it by his supporters..who are quick to tell you he scroed 24 and did this did that,hit 5 3s,had a nice baseline reverse dunk on Earl Watson (whatever)
    Only thing when i watch him or check stats if i missed this game is his rebound column,only thing i wanna know about him....i dont care about his scoring,we aint going to win cuz he scores 18 a night.....only thing i look for is rebounds and if he dont do it i further consider him a fairy ass irrelevant waste of 7 feet....

    So again dont tell me his shot PCT or his PPG i dont care it dont matter..how many rebounds did he get ? If its under 6 then keep ur mouth shut ur boys a bum and so are you...

    smh @ 1 rebound

  17. #1557
    Raptors Republic Rookie detour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Are you like me ?
    Do you get frustrated when he doesnt rebound and gives you those assinine stat lines for a C of 18 pts/2 rebs

    Its like i dont care if the team wins or loses (cuz i expect nothing this year) so it dont matter...but in my books he'll never be impactful or worth his pick if he doesnt rebound the ball...i dont care about his scoring,its irrelevant....if doesnt rebound and D up he
    s going to be a big ass 7 foot bum to me......cuz bottomline is we aint winning with no center whos allergic to rebounding and doing whats bigs have to do...its frustrating that this guy dont board....doesnt bang doesnt get dirty doesnt put himself under the bucket...doesnt want too...

    Equally sickening to me is the disregarding of it by his supporters..who are quick to tell you he scroed 24 and did this did that,hit 5 3s,had a nice baseline reverse dunk on Earl Watson (whatever)
    Only thing when i watch him or check stats if i missed this game is his rebound column,only thing i wanna know about him....i dont care about his scoring,we aint going to win cuz he scores 18 a night.....only thing i look for is rebounds and if he dont do it i further consider him a fairy ass irrelevant waste of 7 feet....

    So again dont tell me his shot PCT or his PPG i dont care it dont matter..how many rebounds did he get ? If its under 6 then keep ur mouth shut ur boys a bum and so are you...

    smh @ 1 rebound
    +1

    It seems like his rebounding has digressed from last year...

  18. #1558
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Honestly I just hate this guy's approach in a game, I mean 1 rebound?!! I was only joking when I suggested that they should include 2-3 rebounds in the voting poll but this guy has some real issues. This guy is not only the tallest guy on the team, but he played the most minutes tonight, and everyone except Jose (Point guard) Banks and Wright ( a combined 7 minutes of playing time) got more rebounds than him, I mean WTF this guy is really wasting his height advantage on BOTH sides of the court.

  19. #1559
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You're right, rebounding is so important, why can't he be more like eddy curry and his awesome double doubles? oh wait..
    Last edited by f91ultra; Sat Oct 30th, 2010 at 03:23 AM.

  20. #1560
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote f91ultra wrote: View Post
    You're right, rebounding is so important, why can't he be more like eddy curry and his numerous double doubles? oh wait..
    Actually he is more like eddy curry, both are 7 footers who cannot do shit in this league on their own.

Page 78 of 527 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •