View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 8 of 526 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post

Belli is probably the 2nd best player on our team
    Bargs is definitely the best player on our team. Probably the 1st/2nd best center in the Eastern Conference.
    That is very True. I think he has the potential to become the next Kobe.
    Don't forget AB, I think he can be one of the top 5 big men in the history of NBA. A combination of Dirk and Gasol while so much more polished than both.
    Right now, he easily belongs to the top 3 centers in the league.

Things are looking bright in Raptor land my friends.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    That is very True. I think he has the potential to become the next Kobe.
    Don't forget AB, I think he can be one of the top 5 big men in the history of NBA. A combination of Dirk and Gasol while so much more polished than both.
    Right now, he easily belongs to the top 3 centers in the league.

Things are looking bright in Raptor land my friends.
    Yup, he is like Dirk and Gasol if they ever lived up to their potential.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Multipaul you're Italian right? There's no other explanation.

Have to agree with most people here, pretty disappointing. Only difference in Bellinelli's game is he wears a mask now (the ugliest one I've ever seen). As for Bargnani, he seems to be short whenever he's not shooting straight up, he did have some nice passes.

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Where were the defensive highlights?
    5:09 of the second video, Bargnani's help defense at its finest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    Multipaul you're Italian right? There's no other explanation.

Have to agree with most people here, pretty disappointing. Only difference in Bellinelli's game is he wears a mask now (the ugliest one I've ever seen). As for Bargnani, he seems to be short whenever he's not shooting straight up, he did have some nice passes.

5:09 of the second video, Bargnani's help defense at its finest.
    Just a REAL Raptors fan here.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, stopped watching after the second Belinelli off-balance turnaround jumper with a man in his face... so roughly two minutes into the video.
    Last edited by TRX; Tue Jul 20th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man...I hope they weren't trying because its an exhibition game. Bellinelli may have been hitting those shots but with his consistency he may not have been hitting anything the next game with the same shot selection. As for Bargnani, he just looks slow and he has the exact same moves on the perimeter from last season as he displays now. I think there were like 1-2 post highlights in the whole 7 mins. He needs more ball handling moves, his passing looked good though. If he was working on defense we wouldn't know from these offensive highlights lol. Lets just hope thats exactly what he was working on this offseason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs
    The face of the franchise, Da Man.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, a lot of what I saw during the season. Many know I'm a fan of Belinelli, but he really, really has to work on his shot selection or he's never going to fulfill his potential. That's probably the biggest weakness to his game, and at this point, it's enough to stop him from getting minutes.

Bargnani exhibited all the weaknesses that drive me crazy on offense. Any time he put the ball down, his shooting percentage went down to single digits, which doesn't bode well for those hoping he's going to be able to create his own shot. His post game was poor, and he faded away no matter who was on him.

Anyone who watches this and thinks they played great needs to watch more basketball, because while it may have been fine for the talent they were playing against, it's not nearly good enough for the NBA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of what I saw during the season. Many know I'm a fan of Belinelli, but he really, really has to work on his shot selection or he's never going to fulfill his potential. That's probably the biggest weakness to his game, and at this point, it's enough to stop him from getting minutes.

The problem with Beli is that he does not think he needs to change that part of his game. I remeber an interview in which he came out and said:
    This is how I play for better or worst !!

I am also loosing hope that he will never change and all that talent, IQ and vision will be a waste.

As far as AB, All I can say he is playing against bunch of polish players and he still can not drive the ball or do a post move. This is going to be a long season.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    That was a joke right?
    If there are no defensive hightlights maybe they should find another employer come this winter
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right.

Bargs is definitely the best player on our team. Probably the 1st/2nd best center in the Eastern Conference.
    I would love to have some of that kool-aid you are drinking.

No wonder Raptors fans and so called experts expect the Raptors to win 30 or less games.

Once you realize that he is not the best nor even the second best Raptors player then you will understand why the Raptors can make the playoffs in 10-11
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Truly amazing basketball. These guys are the future for sure, along with the gunners.
    I used to think it was just blind faith...now we all know that he is simply just blind.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe it was the coach's wishes/instructions, but it drove me crazy watching Bargs set a pick, then pop out to the 3pt line every single frickin time instead of rolling to the rim... ROLL BARGS, ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that they lost to Bulgaria is more discouraging than anything. Maybe this is just Bargnani's version of summer league...

and WTF was that at 1:28 of the first vid... I actually laughed out loud cause it was so obvious he didn't care AT ALL, just wanted to jack it up...
    Last edited by jrdyck; Tue Jul 20th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This reaffirms my opinion on Marco. Could EASILY be a 25+ ppg scorer in the right situation if he learns to find better shots. His ability to score is VERY rare. People criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate.

Bargnani's game doesn't fit international play anymore, it seems. And he looks out of shape. I'm not overly worried. GREAT to see him play-making though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post

This reaffirms my opinion on Marco. Could EASILY be a 25+ ppg scorer in the right situation if he learns to find better shots. His ability to score is VERY rare. People criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate.
    This is the exact mentality that is Fucking up Beli's game. He does not have to be a 25 point scorer. He does not even have to be a 16 point scorer. He does not even have to be scorer.

He has so much talent, he can be a play maker, he can be a defensive guy while scoring around 10 pt a game.

He hears these things and he thinks this is what he is suppose to do. Come off the bench and score a 20 like Jason Terry.

"eople criticize his tendency to take highly contested shots, off-balance shots...but he makes them at a surprising rate. "

This is pure lie and incorrect statement. The problem with Beli is that he does not make it at a good rate. He gets hot in one game and that is it.

Kobe or even Lebron take less risky shots than Beli.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Read everything I said. I said he could be 25+ ppg scorer IF he learns to take better shots. Until he does, he won't be. He stagnates the O and jacks shots.

And what you said applies to any player. Any player can be a play-maker or defensive stopper if they commit to it. John (ask Bargs. That's Belli's "name") had(has? probably not anymore) the potential to be a cornerstone of any team he was on. The guy is a pure scorer, surprisingly athletic, and crafty as hell. It sucks that it's going to waste, but hey, it's his decision.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No defensive hilites?lol BC only non tradable Raptor asset is Bargnani (and to a lesser extent his buddy Bellineli)?

BC needs to move both Bargnani (a 7ft stretch 4) and Calderon while getting back a legit starting center and other veteran pieces to surround the YG'z with. If Bargnani showed half of the enthusiam as the YG'z his game would be more well rounded on both ends of the court.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information