View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    8 6.50%
  • B

    47 38.21%
  • C

    29 23.58%
  • D

    18 14.63%
  • F

    21 17.07%
Page 97 of 526 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #1921
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Actually his rebounding and blocking has gotten better ever year... stat wise. It's still not great but he has improved...

    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...jLJlU.R9MTRwU6
    You're looking at his totals. The main difference is that Bargnani is getting more minutes, not that his rebounding is getting any better. Bargnani averaged 10 more minutes a game from his rookie season to his fourth.

    As for blocking, since it is absolutely no indication of how good a defender a player is, there's no point in looking at it (although it's not any better, either). Watching him play, I've seen really no improvement in his team defense. After four years, he still appears to have no real clue of what to do and when to do it. By the time you get to Bargnani's age, it should be instinctual, but it's not. Beyond all the hype and arguing, this should be extremely troubling to any Raptor fan. You should never, ever have to teach a 25 year old basketball player who's been playing in the NBA for four years basic team defense. It's not coaching because he's had some of the best coaching in the world the last ten years.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #1922
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Haters

    You guys are OK with "giving Demar a chance" though. His #'s and skillz aint sh*t compared to Bargs. Gimme a break.
    lol 2 + 2 = 5!!

  3. #1923
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is this really news - I thought everyone knew Bargs is a bench player - Toronto just doen's have any other options.

  4. #1924
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default LaMarcus Aldridge or Andrea Bargnani?

    I know this must come up every once in a while. But would you take Aldridge if you could do the draft over again?

  5. #1925
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would rather have

    Roy
    Gay
    Rondo
    Milsap

    Over either of those guys
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  6. #1926
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well Bargs proved once again today he can rebound and play well.

    Andrea Bargnani 23 PT 8-19 FG 5-6 FT 2-5 3P 9/3 RB 2 AS 1 BL 2 ST 5 TO 0 PF 38 MN (Final, Bobcats)
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 11th, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

  7. #1927
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yea, its all good in hindsight. Most of the top of that draft class sucked though. BC went with the guy with the most upside, but I would still take Aldridge though. Tyrus Thomas is starting to look promising too eh.

  8. #1928
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was all for getting Aldridge, but I don't know if he'd have faired much better than Bargs on the Raptors. He couldn't handle the C position IMO. Present moment I'd still take him over Bargnani, though I'd take all the guys Buddah mentioned over both as well. I've been on the Millsap bandwagon since he was a rook and killed the Raps one game early that season. Glad to see he's getting the chance to shine as a starter now.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  9. #1929
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i rather have andrea no lie

  10. #1930
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I would rather have

    Roy
    Gay
    Rondo
    Milsap

    Over either of those guys
    If you put those four guys on the court with Bargnani you would have a pretty good group of five.

    C - Bargnani
    PF - Milsap
    SF - Gay
    SG - Roy
    PG - Rondo

    Not too shabby.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #1931
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If you put those four guys on the court with Bargnani you would have a pretty good group of five.

    C - Bargnani
    PF - Milsap
    SF - Gay
    SG - Roy
    PG - Rondo

    Not too shabby.
    And Rondo might be the best rebounder! lol, alright, close second to Millsap...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  12. #1932
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, while also being allergic to clutch.

    Who cares about his numbers when he can't come through when the team really needs him.

  13. #1933
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Well Bargs proved once again today he can rebound and play well.
    Can we please not take specific games as proof of anything? Otherwise the next bad game he plays someone else will use that as "proof he sucks". He played well tonight, despite the turnovers. It's a long season, though. He's never had a problem having good rebound games once in a while. This is the same guy who grabbed 17 in a game last year. The problem is he finished the season with 6. Obviously consistency is the problem with rebounding. And it obviously still is.

    I actually thought his defense was decent tonight, as well. Certainly not great, but decent. If he continues to play like this regularly, I will take back everything I've said about the guy.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  14. #1934
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are we being offered the choice?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  15. #1935
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At least we didn't take the guy that was picked third that year....

  16. #1936
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOL @ the hate towards Bargnani. I am fan so obviously I am labeled as biased and all, also because I'm Italian. But I think the guy gets too much shit. When he has a good game, which didn't happen often last year although he has had 3 or maybe just maybe 4 decent games this year already, people still either hate or say it was one game. When he plays badly then people hate. So unless he drops 30 and grabs 10 rebounds he will pretty much always get hate. I think it is unfair towards him, I actually don't like complaining about our players unless it's something really annoying like Bargnani's turnover last night (but he had a good game overall, c'mon) but complaining is alright. But many here go beyond complaining, people actually try and pick on every little defect, finding all the possible reasons to hate him. I don't see why Bargnani gets all this heat, yet Kleiza who has been semi-decent doesn't, and Amir who has had 2 great games this season after playing like shit for the first 10 days is considered "better" than Bargnani. If you dislike him, that's alright, but when you've put your point out there, there is no need to just keep on going on and on about what he's bad at.
    I'm sorry, but it really annoys be both as a Bargnani and Raptors fan.
    This forum is for discussion, which is why I joined it. It is to discuss the Raptors, about the games and how they play. Even when you talk about Bargnani, but people here when they start talking about Bargnani they just rant about him.
    Oh and by people I don't mean anyone in particular and not most people on this forum, just some people who are really persistent.

  17. #1937
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whether the team says it or not, Bargnani is #1 on this team. The #1 normally takes the most heat with the team struggles. Bargnani has been expected to do the heaving lifting on this team, Amir Johnson, has not. He only expect to bring energy and rebound, which he does when he's not fucking up by fouling everyone.

  18. #1938
    Raptors Republic Rookie Captain Haddock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will back up Panini on this point. Just from reading these forums, I get the impression that Andrea has individually come to each poster's house and done the nasty with their mothers.
    Andrea is what he is, he is NOT the (only) reason the Raptors are 1-7. The reason we are 1-7 is because of:
    1. A coach who starts Evans, who can rebound and....and....grow a beard. Oh and he's also overrated as a one on one defender, has horrible hands and immediately guarantees a double team on your best player.
    2. A sophomore player who some have anointed the chosen one, even though he has yet to prove he's a deserving starter in this league. He's got potential, yes, but he's also kept some bad habits since last year that he should have exorcised by now (tunnel vision, poor screen and roll coverage, can get overly frustrated, etc.)
    3. A bench that consists of a Brazilian with a broken arm, Buddahfan's love child who has been about as consistent this year as Rolex from Pacific Mall (it's funny because it's a place!), an Aussie who's called "the poor man's Bargnani" (albeit, with nice dream shake against Stoudemire capabilities), Jamario Moon v2.0, and Julian Wright, who...I like. I'll say it.
    4. We have no one who can create their own shot aside from Barbosa, who looks like he'd rather die than pass to a teammate (although, would YOU pass to these teammates?)
    5. A starting PG who seems to think he actually deserves to be a starting PG in the NBA while playing like D-league all star, and a backup PG who looks like a Brad Pitt in the cop car at the end of Seven.
    6. A starting SF who...looked great in the World Championships, which always translates to NBA success and makes me long for the days of Turkeyglue and Belinelli.
    7. Jay "I'm a nice guy, and Canadian too!" Triano
    8. Bryan "I should be better than this" Colangelo

    Honestly, we're like the Tea Party (movement, not so bad they're good band). We lost? Bargnani! We play terrible team D? Bargnani! We have no one who can create their own shot? Bargnani! Throw that bum out, let's elect these new bums who still report to the same chiefs, who still call all the shots and have left a situation so rotten that nothing short of bankruptcy and perhaps even a complete dissolution of power will save us!
    Last edited by Captain Haddock; Thu Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
    -Newsradio

  19. #1939
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
    I will back up Panini on this point. Just from reading these forums, I get the impression that Andrea has individually come to each poster's house and done the nasty with their mothers.
    Andrea is what he is, he is NOT the (only) reason the Raptors are 1-7. The reason we are 1-7 is because of:
    1. A coach who starts Evans, who can rebound and....and....grow a beard. Oh and he's also overrated as a one on one defender, has horrible hands and immediately guarantees a double team on your best player.
    2. A sophomore player who some have anointed the chosen one, even though he has yet to prove he's a deserving starter in this league. He's got potential, yes, but he's also kept some bad habits since last year that he should have exorcised by now (tunnel vision, poor screen and roll coverage, can get overly frustrated, etc.)
    3. A bench that consists of a Brazilian with a broken arm, Buddahfan's love child who has been about as consistent this year as Rolex from Pacific Mall (it's funny because it's a place!), an Aussie who's called "the poor man's Bargnani" (albeit, with nice dream shake against Stoudemire capabilities), Jamario Moon v2.0, and Julian Wright, who...I like. I'll say it.
    4. We have no one who can create their own shot aside from Barbosa, who looks like he'd rather die than pass to a teammate (although, would YOU pass to these teammates?)
    5. A starting PG who seems to think he actually deserves to be a starting PG in the NBA while playing like D-league all star, and a backup PG who looks like a Brad Pitt in the cop car at the end of Seven.
    6. A starting SF who...looked great in the World Championships, which always translates to NBA success and makes me long for the days of Turkeyglue and Belinelli.
    7. Jay "I'm a nice guy, and Canadian too!" Triano
    8. Bryan "I should be better than this" Colangelo

    Honestly, we're like the Tea Party (movement, not so bad they're good band). We lost? Bargnani! We play terrible team D? Bargnani! We have no one who can create their own shot? Bargnani! Throw that bum out, let's elect these new bums who still report to the same chiefs, who still call all the shots and have left a situation so rotten that nothing short of bankruptcy and perhaps even a complete dissolution of power will save us!
    Well said bro. Bargs is the default scapegoat for the ignorant on this board.

  20. #1940
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    LOL @ the hate towards Bargnani. I am fan so obviously I am labeled as biased and all, also because I'm Italian. But I think the guy gets too much shit. When he has a good game, which didn't happen often last year although he has had 3 or maybe just maybe 4 decent games this year already, people still either hate or say it was one game. When he plays badly then people hate. So unless he drops 30 and grabs 10 rebounds he will pretty much always get hate. I think it is unfair towards him, I actually don't like complaining about our players unless it's something really annoying like Bargnani's turnover last night (but he had a good game overall, c'mon) but complaining is alright. But many here go beyond complaining, people actually try and pick on every little defect, finding all the possible reasons to hate him. I don't see why Bargnani gets all this heat, yet Kleiza who has been semi-decent doesn't, and Amir who has had 2 great games this season after playing like shit for the first 10 days is considered "better" than Bargnani. If you dislike him, that's alright, but when you've put your point out there, there is no need to just keep on going on and on about what he's bad at.
    I'm sorry, but it really annoys be both as a Bargnani and Raptors fan.
    This forum is for discussion, which is why I joined it. It is to discuss the Raptors, about the games and how they play. Even when you talk about Bargnani, but people here when they start talking about Bargnani they just rant about him.
    Oh and by people I don't mean anyone in particular and not most people on this forum, just some people who are really persistent.
    As someone who has much doubt about Bargnani's defensive game and his ability to improve going forward (because of age and his niche as a big man who can shoot from the outside solidified) he really shouldnt be blamed for that last shot situation. He was not put in a good position to shoot a 3, he was being guarded by one of the clutch man defenders in the league and there is doubt whether he was not fouled on the steal. And no, the record is not because of Bargnani's play entirely but the team...plenty of holes and "blame" in quite a few places. The org. really has to seriously look at whether long term B is the centre on the Raps in terms of the style they want to play and the complement he affords other players around him as the starting centre. At one point in a run&gun system envisioned by BC he was probably a good choice and would still be for such a team. We are not that anymore.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •