View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 11 of 527 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #201
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ya i don't think alabi will play much this season sending him to the d-league to improve his skills will be a great idea because it will be hard to get him time with the raps

  2. #202
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't send him to the d league he just needs the gym and one on one time with a big man coach.

  3. #203
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He doesn't even mention Amir Johnson. That's probably because he wasn't asked about Amir Johnson...
    good point.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  4. #204
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The article is pretty good except Thorpe remains clueless about the Bargnani-Johnson pairing. That's okay even a lot of Raptors fans and writers remain clueless about it, though fortunately Triano and BC do not.
    While I agree that Johnson is very underrated, this man crush is getting out of hand.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The article is pretty good except Thorpe remains clueless about the Bargnani-Johnson pairing. That's okay even a lot of Raptors fans and writers remain clueless about it, though fortunately Triano and BC do not.
    im worried about the amr bargs pairing as well... i mean i just cant see them holding it down against bigs like noah n boozer, gasol n bynum, horford n j smith, kg n j.o.... bosh n big z...

  6. #206
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    After watching some of the summer games I thought Alabi looked like a high second rounder.
    I was expecting more of him because Thorpe bigged him up in his interview with phdsteve too. He looked out of place, a step slow and didn't appear to be trying very hard. Triano and Colangelo were thanking their stars he fell to them but I haven't seen why just yet. Yeah, there's some Dalembert in him but there's also POB.

  7. #207
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargnani vs Anderson By The Numbers

    I compared some of the 09-10 numbers of Bargnani to Anderson.

    Conclusion:
    -------------------
    1. Bargnani was a better shooter, Anderson is a better rebounder and defender.
    2. Bargnani's offense did not come close to compensating for his horrible defense.
    3. Anderson's defense seemed to offset his poorer shooting and overall looking at all sources his on court/off court numbers appear to be slightly favorable whereas Bargnani's on court/off court numbers were very unfavorable.
    4. WS/48 was almost equal. Since Houston and Toronto had almost identical records the team affect on WS/48 in non-existent in this case.
    ==================================================

    Summary line item comparison with respect to 09-10 based upon the numbers B = Bargnani and A = Anderson

    1. B was a better shooter from the field including on 3 point attempts
    2. B was a better shooter from the free throw line
    3. B scored at about a 20% greater rate on a points per 36 minutes basis. While B's Usg% was higher the better scorer could be attributed to better shooting.
    4. A was a better rebounder in rebounds per 36 minutes
    5. A was a better rebounder in percentage of available rebounds grabbed
    6. A and B's Net Offense/Defense Rating according to BaskeballReference.com were both a minus five. This is below average
    7. B had a slightly better Roland Rating due to a better shooting percentage and greater usage percentage on offense
    8. A had a favorable rating in both on court/off court team points allowed per 100 possessions and effective team field goal percentage allowed.
    9. B had an unfavorable rating in both on court/off court team points allowed per 100 possessions and effective team field goal percentage allowed.
    10. A had a favorable 1 Year Unadjusted Overall Net Rating
    11. B had an unfavorable 1 Year Unadjusted Overall Rating
    12. A was ranked 4th best in defense on the Rockets last season
    13. B was ranked worst in defense on the Raptors last season





    Category----------------------------------Bargnani---Anderson
    ================================================== =
    Age Nov 1, 2010-------------------------------26-------30
    Height----------------------------------------7'0"------6'11"
    Weight---------------------------------------225-------245 Note: Bargnani clearly weighs more than 225 4sure.

    09-10 Numbers
    ---------------------------
    MPG------------------------------------------35.0-------14.1
    PPG-------------------------------------------17.2--------5.8
    Points per 36 Min------------------------------17.7-------14.8
    FG%------------------------------------------.470-------.432
    3FG%-----------------------------------------.372-------.346
    FT%------------------------------------------.778-------.687
    RPG--------------------------------------------6.2---------3.3
    Rebounds per 36 Min----------------------------6.3---------8.4
    PER--------------------------------------------15.5--------12.1
    TRB%------------------------------------------10.4--------13.4
    USG%------------------------------------------22.3--------20.2
    ORtg--------------------------------------------108---------103
    DRtg--------------------------------------------113---------108
    Net Off/Def Rating--------------------------------(5)---------(5)
    WS/48----------------.072--------.070
    Simple Roland Rating-----------------------------(2.0--------(3.0)
    On Court Pts All Per 100-------------------------116.9------106.9
    Off Court Pts All Per 100-------------------------108.3------109.9
    Net On/Off Court Pts Alll Per 100-------------------8.6------- (3.0) Note: Plus means team allowed more points when player on court and minus means team allowed fewer points when the player on court.
    On Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------------52.4--------49.3
    Off Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------------48.6--------51.6
    Net On/Off Court Eff FG% Allow---------------------3.8--------(2.4) Note: Plus means teams allowed opponents to shoot better when player on court and minus means that opponents shot worse when the player was on the court - The lower the number the better.
    1 Year Unadjusted Overall Net Rtg-----------------(6.88)-------2.88 Note: The greater the positive number the better and the lower the negative number the worse.
    1 Year Unadjusted Off Rtg--------------------------2.22--------0.36
    1 Year Unadjusted Def Rtg------------------------(9.10)--------2.53
    1 Year Def Rtg Rank on Team---------------------Worst--------4th Best Note: Players that played over 750 minutes

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...anderda03.html

    http://www.82games.com/0910/09HOU21.HTM

    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=HOU


    Comment: While I did see Anderson play last season his play does not stick out in my mind. However, based upon the numbers on offense his game on offense seems somewhat similar to Bargnani though not as effective or efficient. It is worth noting that Bargnani and Johnson matched up pretty good last season on both offense and defense. So just based upon the numbers Anderson and Johnson may also match up pretty good.

    Will this make Davis the 4th big on the depth chart? Could be. We shall have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jul 29th, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #208
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargnani Ranks 37th On The Yahoo Sports Fantasy Big Board

    37 Andrea Bargnani(notes) , TOR, FC Bosh’s departure puts the mantle squarely on Bargs’ shoulders
    Source: Yahoo Sports

  9. #209
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does Fantasy basketball take defense into account?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  10. #210
    Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aurora, ont
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    dont know much about Andersen to be honest but he shouldnt get minutes and time over davis, that would just be rediculous. Andersen seems to be the type who's good in small doses and from what ive seen-admittingly only from summer league-Davis has shown he can at least hold his own.
    if he gains a little size from now until training camp he has the length to play in small spurts at the 5 as well.

  11. #211
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    dont know much about Andersen to be honest but he shouldnt get minutes and time over davis, that would just be rediculous. Andersen seems to be the type who's good in small doses and from what ive seen-admittingly only from summer league-Davis has shown he can at least hold his own.
    if he gains a little size from now until training camp he has the length to play in small spurts at the 5 as well.
    My guess is that Davis will come in for Johnson if Johnson gets in early foul trouble. If he doesn't Anderson will come in for Bargs before Davis comes in for Johnson.

    No way can Davis play center. He will have enough trouble trying to guard Power Fowards. He should be able to add some strength between now and November but the amount of strength and weight that he needs to really add will take two to three seasons unless he goes the Roid Route.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  12. #212
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani is 24, he turns 25 in October. Yahoo has him listed at 250lbs. Ditto for ESPN.

  13. #213
    Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    our so called franchise player is ranked 37th in the league. Wow I hate Colangelo! He Ruined my life!

  14. #214
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Blocks & steals.

  15. #215
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whatever you do... don't let Multipaul read this thread! This will definitely hurt his feelings and have him in an uproar!

    I suppose it's a fair ranking though, his stats should improve across the board slightly.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  16. #216
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Andrea Bargnani Interview At Hoopshype - Speaks On Bosh, New Role & Upcoming Season

    How do you feel about Chris Bosh leaving the Raptors? On one hand, it obviously makes the team a little weaker. But on the other, it helps you individually because you are going to have a bigger role. How do you feel about that?

    Andrea Bargnani: For sure he leaves a big hole because he’s a very good player. We’re going to miss him because he’s an All-Star. Playing with him makes it easier for everybody, but we gotta play and it’s an opportunity for me and other players to step up and to do something more.

    Do you feel the Raptors are your team now?

    AB: They’ve always been my team. I was in a nice spot last year too. I was the second option last year. We have to finish the team because the market is not closed yet… And I just hope we make better. We didn’t make the playoffs, so it’s not like we come from a championship. We can only get better.

    How do you think the team has done during this offseason?

    AB: I think we signed very talented players: Kleiza, Andersen, the two young guys that we drafted… Maybe they are not ready today to go on the court and do something, but they have a great potential to develop and grow. DeMar (DeRozan) got much better, Sonny Weems too in the summer league… We took Barbosa, who likes to play an up-tempo game… We’re a pretty young team, athletic, we can run a lot. Should be a fun basketball to play.

    Which position would you like to play this year?

    AB: My natural position of course is power forward. But the last four years, I played at the five and I did good. I got better every year. It doesn’t really make a difference, but if you ask me what position I prefer to play, I have to say power forward.

    In which areas do you think you will have to step up the most this season?

    AB: I gotta continue to get better on the rebounding and the low post.

    Is the All-Star Game a goal for you this season? And do you think that would be a realistical goal?

    AB: I think the All-Star Game is a goal and a dream for all the players in the world. You practice, you try to get better every year… You can’t do nothing more than that.

    What was your reaction when you learned Bosh was going to Miami?

    AB: I wasn’t surprised. His contract was finished and the feeling was that he was going to leave. You could feel that he was going to leave for the last couple of months before the end of the season. Everybody had this kind of feeling. So I wasn’t surprised.

    Some people believe he gave up on the team late last season. What do you think about that?

    AB: Every time he was wearing the jersey on the court, he always played hard. His numbers prove that. He’s a good player. As for personal stuff, I don’t know, I can’t know and personally I don’t want to know. Everybody can think whatever.

    How do you feel about your NBA career so far?

    AB: I got better every year. You cannot ask more than that. But you always want more, so I’m not satisfied. I mean, I’m satisfied with my career, but I don’t feel like I’ve arrived. I feel like I have to keep working and do much more than what I’ve done.

    Do you feel the pressure that comes with being picked No. 1 in the draft?

    AB: Not really. I had more pressure when I was in Europe and I didn’t know if I was going to the NBA or I was staying in Europe. One year before the draft, I didn’t even know what the draft was. I think the draft is more pressure for an American player. For me, for European players, it’s just a way of getting to the NBA. It doesn’t mean much being No. 1 or No. 2. I was very happy with being No. 1 because it was an historical thing for an European player. But I was even more happy because I got the chance to go to a city like Toronto.

    What would you say to those critics you have that question your toughness or your passion for the game?

    AB: Anything a player makes, he’s going to have critics about it. You have to start worrying when nobody criticizes you. With a good player, people will criticize and challenge you. And that’s the best thing because that gives you extra motivation.

    Other than the extra motivation, does this affect you in any way?

    AB: No, because if somebody tells me I don’t have passion that doesn’t make anything to me because that doesn’t have any sense. Without passion, you don’t arrive in the NBA. The NBA is not a joke. You have to work all your life to get in the NBA. So the stupid criticism without any sense doesn’t make anything to me. But there is some criticism that is real. I mean, if somebody tells me I have to get better on something, maybe I realize that it’s true so I try to get better. So some stuff is good to know.

    There was talk last year about a division between American and foreign players in the locker room. Is there any truth to that?

    AB: There wasn’t any division, no. We were cool. Of course with European guys you have more things to talk about, right? It’s common sense. But we were cool with everybody and friends with everybody. If I speak with Jose (Calderon), I got more things to speak about because we come from almost the same place and we can talk about the cities we’ve been in Spain or Italy.

    What has been wrong with the Italian National Team the past few years? The team has been very successful in the past, but they have been struggling lately.

    AB: Playing in Europe is really tough. The other teams are always very good and have a lot of players with a lot of experience in Euroleague and big teams. In Italy, it’s different. The Italian basketball, the championship… It’s not big like in Spain, for example. We are pretty young. We need to grow up and learn how to play together. Europe is not easy.


    http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sie...e-ive-arrived/

  17. #217
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    End of the third round in a twelve-team league seems a little high to me. Wasn't he going around the 70th pick last season?

  18. #218
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sure his defence and rebounding numbers would be the same or less he he played Bargnani's minutes. He's just in for a back up center probably because we're sending Alabi to the D-League.

  19. #219
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice post, thanks! Interesting to read Bargs' take on these things.

  20. #220
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    End of the third round in a twelve-team league seems a little high to me. Wasn't he going around the 70th pick last season?
    Yeah, he was low 60's in my league if I remember correctly. But it seems fair, All his numbers (except FG%) should rise. 20pts, 8reb, 2.5ast, 1stl, 1.5blk?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •