View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 110 of 527 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He scores like a top ten center, but until he learns to grab a rebound, he wont be one. Personally I think he will never learn, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not even close to being Top 10. A guy whose only contribution is the random 20-28 point game should not be in this sort of discussion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    "Still" emplies he was at one time a top ten center at the least. Is that the case? I don't think so. He's not now and wasn't before now.
    but some people thought he WAS... so the "still" is in reference to if they "still" think he IS a top 10 C.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    again tim, i stated that some people at one time thought bargs was a top 10 c... and then asked a simple question if they still felt that way ?

why are you telling me to get some perspectve, for asking a simple question ?

my OP was two lines?

was it too hard to just read and answer without making degrading comments and insults ?
    Degrading comments and insults? What are you talking about? Read the paragraph before I said to get some perspective. It was obviously directed generally, not specifically.

You need to relax, a little.

And the previous comment was directed at your specifically, by the way, just so there's no confusion.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

i've heard talk shows in the states, and if bargs was playing in a city like philly or nyk, he would be getting ripped apart by everyone including the homer media...
    New York and Philadelphia are different. The media and fans eat their young, there.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys watching the 76ers game?

Andrea Bargnani 30 PT 12-18 FG 5-6 FT 1-3 3P 7/0 RB 1 AS 1 BL 0 ST 3 TO 3 PF 36 MN (Final, 76ers)
    Bargs has been playing really well most of the season. Stop overreacting.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 17th, 2010 at 09:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL ... Andrea with 30 Points (12-18)/7 Rebounds/1 Block against Philly. Seriously, who do you get at 8mil/year to do what Andrea is doing?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    LOL ... Andrea with 30 Points (12-18)/7 Rebounds/1 Block against Philly. Seriously, who do you get at 8mil/year to do what Andrea is doing?
    yea against an eastern conference powerhouse too !!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Let's see him do that 2 games in a row, regardless of who the competition is. I'm happy for him, but we know what he can do, it's consistency we're looking for.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Both Philadelphia and Detroit really are blue collar cities. Detroit is most famous for it's car manufacturing, and the people that make them.

I think Toronto really likes hustling, blue collar type players but that's the case with every city. Even L.A.

I do think that Colangelo attempted to give the team a bit of an identity, and did when he first came. That team that won 47 games was a team made up of European and American players and sensibilities. I think a GM needs to be more focused on creating a team that can win rather than trying to create an identity that matches the city.
    I have always thought of TO as a miniature NYC in many regards (lived in both). So, while NYC in many ways is not typically characterized as a blue collar town, those who support pro sports there, have been "blue collar" attitudinally at the very least. I believe this to be similar about the TO experience. The other cities you mention just have less of the bonafide champagne set.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bargs is a decent SG. too bad hes a 7footer with no lateral quicks or leaping ability, if he could guard two's consistantly he might forge a decent pro career LOL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure if I was a pacers fan ! but I am not.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargs

Not a top 10 center, never going to be a top 10 center. no desire , no tough attitude, no BB IQ, he can only post meaningless stats in meaningless games.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i've heard talk shows in the states, and if bargs was playing in a city like philly or nyk, he would be getting ripped apart by everyone including the homer media...
    Well then, on a couple of NY Knicks broadcasts the last couple of years (not including this years as I missed them), the MSG announcers were raving about Bargnani at times.Just sayin!

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani played pretty well tonight, like he often does. Sure he can be better, but he ain't so bad. He has his off nights like yesterday, but usually he doesn't do horrendously. The talent level in general is pretty low on Raptors this year, and we're going to suck for a while. But Bargnani is not our biggest issue. I'm sure that he is the player on this team that most GMs would want. Besides Derozan, who else would GMs seriously want?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Both Philadelphia and Detroit really are blue collar cities. Detroit is most famous for it's car manufacturing, and the people that make them.

I think Toronto really likes hustling, blue collar type players but that's the case with every city. Even L.A.

I do think that Colangelo attempted to give the team a bit of an identity, and did when he first came. That team that won 47 games was a team made up of European and American players and sensibilities. I think a GM needs to be more focused on creating a team that can win rather than trying to create an identity that matches the city.
    In the present state of our team, your probably right. Do you think BC trying to create an identity will be his downfall?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have always thought of TO as a miniature NYC in many regards (lived in both). So, while NYC in many ways is not typically characterized as a blue collar town, those who support pro sports there, have been "blue collar" attitudinally at the very least. I believe this to be similar about the TO experience. The other cities you mention just have less of the bonafide champagne set.
    There was a parallel to hockey towns in our convo, but the idea of the fanbase being more blue-collar than the city is pretty interesting. But honestly I'm not sure if its true. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time in Crown Heights (BK) and the only time we went to Manhattan was a show or concert...Knicks games never came up. Did kids dream of playin there? Ya but noone I knew could afford to go to a game and that was a long time ago. I see Knick fans (who visit MSG) upper middle class to wealthy people roughin it while Rap fans can hustle some tickets under twenty if they have connects. I'm sure things have changed and how people look at savin money has definitely changed since them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Eric Smith is a moron if he said that.
    29 GM are willing to trade for AB right now ?? For what role ?

Starting center or PF ?
    Or there are 29 GM in the NBA who are willing to pay a guy 10 million a year to come of the bench and just score for them ?
    What are those 29 GM willing to give us back ? a Bad contract or a 2nd round draft pick ?
    How many of those GM's are willing to give AB the role that BC has given him in Toronto ?

Guys like Eric Smith and Doug Smith make me puke when I read their pure BS about Raptors.

Thank god for RR and their unbiased realistic writers like Arsenalist and Sam and ... that provide us with real informaton and opinion about the Raptor team.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs played pretty good tonight. Still want the witch hunt?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert is a real starting Center. I think I would.

Page 110 of 527 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information