View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 143 of 527 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There really is improvement this year. One thing to keep in mind when comparing this month versus last month is the calf injury. That would probably explain the block improvement.

It is still extremely frustrating to see him watch rebounds go to opponents or miss box outs and then, as showed in the final couple of minutes versus DET, he aggressively grabs some important and contested rebounds on both the offensive and defense end. There is no doubt he is a confident scorer/shooter however it seems he almost doesn't believe he can do it in the other areas and then surprises himself and everyone else. I'm going with this angle because the alternative is he turns it on and off at will - and that would be the worst of all possibilities.
    I don't get it either. Some little periods of games he plays defense and he even rebounds, as in he jumps up and grabs the ball down. And for most of the game he just looks like he doesn't try. But at least now we know he can do it, and he's been doing it more and more as the year is going on.

But there are a couple things a really love.

One that he knows what he can do on offense and uses his full repertoire in every game. Now a bad game would be when he scores less than 17 points or so, which he averaged last year which shows how his offense is. He destroys any defense, because he can shoot in so many ways. And he stopped that dumb move he did for 5 years, just inside the three, pumpfake, hop step on the line and long 2.

His passing. He is finding open men. On a couple occasions late he would pass out after the double team and got open looks

And finally he's been pretty clutch. Hitting consecutive jumpers, late threes, attacking the basket late. And his defense is a lot better late in game.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote djsunyc wrote: View Post
    i hope aldridge is putting up those numbers...he got $80 mil!!!
    His defense rating is 107 a lot better than Bargnani

His PER is at 20.3 and his WS/48 is at 14.1

Bargnani's PER is is 18.1 and WS/48 is .079.

Dirks are 24.8 and .217

I won't mention Win Shares because they are impacted by a teams win and loss record.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I don't get it either. Some little periods of games he plays defense and he even rebounds, as in he jumps up and grabs the ball down. And for most of the game he just looks like he doesn't try. But at least now we know he can do it, and he's been doing it more and more as the year is going on.

But there are a couple things a really love.

One that he knows what he can do on offense and uses his full repertoire in every game. Now a bad game would be when he scores less than 17 points or so, which he averaged last year which shows how his offense is. He destroys any defense, because he can shoot in so many ways. And he stopped that dumb move he did for 5 years, just inside the three, pumpfake, hop step on the line and long 2.

His passing. He is finding open men. On a couple occasions late he would pass out after the double team and got open looks

And finally he's been pretty clutch. Hitting consecutive jumpers, late threes, attacking the basket late. And his defense is a lot better late in game.
    Bargnani has a good game on offense though he would have to be a more efficient on offense before I would grade him above B+ on offense.

He still takes too many bad shots.

It is not that bad though by comparison - I would only rate Kobe an A- offense. He can still take over games and make clutch shots but he has way too many bad shooting games to grade him better than that.

The only guy in the league whose offense I would rank as A+ is KD. I would give Lebron and Howard an A though because because Howard's and Lebron's free throw shooting are not that good.

In his prime I would have rated Ray Allen an A+ on offense.

Blake is probably an A- at this point.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jan 15th, 2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest beef with Bargnani is he can't turn and go left in the post. He always forces it to the middle. If he could incorporate a drop step and finish with the left or a little left handed hook after going middle he would be unstoppable on offence (vice versa for the other side).

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest beef with Bargnani is he can't turn and go left in the post. He always forces it to the middle. If he could incorporate a drop step and finish with the left or a little left handed hook after going middle he would be unstoppable on offence (vice versa for the other side).
    He does turn left sometimes. But for a fade jumper, I know what you mean. As in post moves towards the left. I noticed it too, he usually goes towards the right and does that really cool one handed 'throw'. Which always seems to go in.

Also, am I the only one that has noticed how many three point plays Bargs has been getting?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He does turn left sometimes. But for a fade jumper, I know what you mean. As in post moves towards the left. I noticed it too, he usually goes towards the right and does that really cool one handed 'throw'. Which always seems to go in.

Also, am I the only one that has noticed how many three point plays Bargs has been getting?
    I truly believe if he can go left with his back to the basket and use his left hand, he is unstoppable. I don't mind that shot you are talking about except when he forces it. There have been countless times when he is forcing to the right and the left is totally clear - I mean nobody, not even his own teammates, below foul line extended on the left side. To see how effective a player can be in the post - without any real athletic ability - being able to go left and finish with the left hand see one Luis Scola.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I'd definitely like to see more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hoiduda#p/u/17/P9txPKJZ5jM
    5:01

Post Thanks / Like

I truly believe if he can go left with his back to the basket and use his left hand, he is unstoppable. I don't mind that shot you are talking about except when he forces it. There have been countless times when he is forcing to the right and the left is totally clear - I mean nobody, not even his own teammates, below foul line extended on the left side. To see how effective a player can be in the post - without any real athletic ability - being able to go left and finish with the left hand see one Luis Scola.
    Yeah I was thinking Scola too. His post game is scary, how he starts turning and spinning and because he can finish with both hands you can't know what he will do. Bargnani needs to develop his left hand. And if he does, he will also have less turnovers because he will be able to do crossovers better and dribble with both hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record

I would rate Dirk's offense as A+
    Again I would rate Bargnani's offense as B+

B+ is pretty good

I would only put Bosh at A-

So I think that at this point Bargnani's offense is just a bit behind Bosh's offense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Just for the record

I would rate Dirk's offense as A+
    Again I would rate Bargnani's offense as B+

B+ is pretty good

I would only put Bosh at A-

So I think that at this point Bargnani's offense is just a bit behind Bosh's offense.
    Bargnani's offense is better than Bosh. Bargnani has more moves, can score from 23-5 feet. He hits the mid range extremely consistently now. The only edge Bosh has is deep in the post, but that will soon change. As we are seeing, he is posting on people like Horford. I think Bargnani is a better offensive player, has a lot more in his repertoire.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is not going anywhere in case you and the other brainwaves here have not yet figured that out, so you may want to forget about Davis and try figuring out who should be playing next to Roberto Luongo!
    I don't know who Roberto Luongo is. He sounds like a baseball player. Bargnani may or may not be going anywhere, and since none of us actually make decisions for the Raptors I prefer to imagine what would ultimately best for the franchise, and not try and pretend I have any input and compromise on a player who will be extremely difficult to win with.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's offense is better than Bosh. Bargnani has more moves, can score from 23-5 feet. He hits the mid range extremely consistently now. The only edge Bosh has is deep in the post, but that will soon change. As we are seeing, he is posting on people like Horford. I think Bargnani is a better offensive player, has a lot more in his repertoire.
    I think you are smoking something this morning, LA time.

Bosh has a better mid-range game. It is not even close. Bosh is also a better free throw shooter and gets to the foul line more.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs will kill D West and Okafor today, beleeeedat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No he didnt kill anyone today....unfortunately.
    As much as I like Bargs,I have to say that this was one of his worst games of the season.The whole game he just kept shooting and missing.Even his defence and rebounding were bad,as Okafor totally destroyed him...I Dont see a reason to play him for 42 minutes when he is playing this bad.

I hope this was a night off for him and he can bounce back against the Spurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote core2man wrote: View Post
    No he didnt kill anyone today....unfortunately.
    As much as I like Bargs,I have to say that this was one of his worst games of the season.The whole game he just kept shooting and missing.Even his defence and rebounding were bad,as Okafor totally destroyed him...I Dont see a reason to play him for 42 minutes when he is playing this bad.

I hope this was a night off for him and he can bounce back against the Spurs.
    Bargnani too often has problems playing good games after relatively long or long flights.

Some people travel better than others. Bargnani has trouble with his sleep pattern after long flights.

Think I am making this up. He tweeted as much a couple of months ago.

Seriously

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani too often has problems playing good games after relatively long or long flights.

Some people travel better than others. Bargnani has trouble with his sleep pattern after long flights.

Think I am making this up. He tweeted as much a couple of months ago.

Seriously
    If he's actually used that excuse in the past, (which I've never seen, but I'm taking your word on this one) that may be the first time I've EVER heard of an individual trying to pass off bad games due too 'sleep pattern' ... its the NBA. Travel is as much a part of the game as dribbling the ball.
    Love Bargs, but thats weak.
    If Kobe, or DWade, or even Chris Bosh said that, you think the media would let it slide?

(And flying from Washington to New Orleans is probably like 3 hours. Max. If he can't handle that he wouldn't be able to play a single roadtrip for a Western Conference team.)
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 17th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If he's actually used that excuse in the past, (which I've never seen, but I'm taking your word on this one) that may be the first time I've EVER heard of an individual trying to pass off bad games due too 'sleep pattern' ... its the NBA. Travel is as much a part of the game as dribbling the ball.
    Love Bargs, but thats weak.
    If Kobe, or DWade, or even Chris Bosh said that, you think the media would let it slide?

(And flying from Washington to New Orleans is probably like 3 hours. Max. If he can't handle that he wouldn't be able to play a single roadtrip for a Western Conference team.)
    He tweeted a couple of months ago actually I think it may have been three months ago while on a flight that he was taking a sleep medication. He actually tweeted it in Italian but I translated it. In any case I checked out the medication and one of its problems is that it messes up a person's sleep pattern.

I have no idea if he still takes it in order to sleep on flights or not.

I have no idea if it is messing up his sleep patterns.

However, I have no other explanation for such erratic performances from him.

They are so extreme.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

He tweeted a couple of months ago actually I think it may have been three months ago while on a flight that he was taking a sleep medication. He actually tweeted it in Italian but I translated it. In any case I checked out the medication and one of its problems is that it messes up a person's sleep pattern.

I have no idea if he still takes it in order to sleep on flights or not.

I have no idea if it is messing up his sleep patterns.

However, I have no other explanation for such erratic performances from him.

They are so extreme.
    I think half the team was on sleeping pills yesterday. Foul Factory Amir and Demar were their usual lacklustre selves as well.

Post Thanks / Like

after yesterday maybe we call him queen bargs the centerfold guy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

after yesterday maybe we call him queen bargs the centerfold guy
    what happened, did you and Tim W become a team or something?

Page 143 of 527 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast

Thread Information