View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.09%
  • B

    47 37.01%
  • C

    30 23.62%
  • D

    18 14.17%
  • F

    23 18.11%
Page 361 of 527 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #7201
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    9 games are left. I can definitely see us losing the next 6 with Bargs in the lineup; Pacers[tonight], Boston, 76ers, the Hawks[twice on a back to back], and the Heat. Besides those match-ups we have the Bucks and the Pistons on a back to back and the Nets on the season closer.

    I think we have two to three more wins left in us. At this point I'll be happy with 0.
    I'll meet you half way - 9.5

    Besides tanking, shutting Bargnani down will be good coaches and management to get a final look at Amir and ED before decisions are made. Also, it gives them an opportunity to play JJ and Kleiza at the 4 a bit as well.

  2. #7202
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    amir is more intense, but, ed is probably a better defender and more potential as a starter.

    On a second note, I dont think it's a lack of talent as much as inexperience on both sides and guys not stepping up. Jose is getting a bunch of dimes and bargnani points. nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.

  3. #7203
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree, I think it's time to give Ed some more floor time. If Bargs is ready to play, I think you have to play him. If it looks like he may be in risk of another injury I think we have to be cautious with it and sit him. At this point this season is a wash. Next season is the one you have to focus on. For us to be successful next year we need Bargnani at full strength and over the calf problems.

  4. #7204
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.
    Yet as a team they are +1 in rebounding over their opponents. Rebounding is a team thing, I'm not concerned with the individual stats, if the team as a whole is getting it done on the boards. If Bargs and other players are boxing out then I'm happy with that effort.

  5. #7205
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Yet as a team they are +1 in rebounding over their opponents. Rebounding is a team thing, I'm not concerned with the individual stats, if the team as a whole is getting it done on the boards. If Bargs and other players are boxing out then I'm happy with that effort.
    F'ing right.

  6. #7206
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    amir is more intense, but, ed is probably a better defender and more potential as a starter.

    On a second note, I dont think it's a lack of talent as much as inexperience on both sides and guys not stepping up. Jose is getting a bunch of dimes and bargnani points. nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.
    You should be watching the games.

    Amir has looked like someone stole his puppy.

    ED has shown more and more his potential is a backup off the bench who might provide a spark every 3rd game.

    The talk has been one of them has to go, but now I would hardly be upset with both leaving.

    There needs to be consistency to be good.

    FWIW, if I had to only keep one though, it would be Amir.

  7. #7207
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sticking with Ed. He's quicker and imo has more potential. Also his jumper looks ugly but it'll improve, Amir's jumpshot not only looks ugly but it takes 10 seconds to release like he constipated when he's shooting.

  8. #7208
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I'm sticking with Ed. He's quicker and imo has more potential. Also his jumper looks ugly but it'll improve, Amir's jumpshot not only looks ugly but it takes 10 seconds to release like he constipated when he's shooting.
    What's funny is that there was a pre-season video of Amir working on his new "quick-release" jumper, which didn't look any different than last year's jumper, lol.

    It doesn't help matters that he never actually catches the ball in the shooter's position ready to launch. He shoots only if all other options are exhausted. That makes the shot seem even slower.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #7209
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is that there was a pre-season video of Amir working on his new "quick-release" jumper, which didn't look any different than last year's jumper, lol.

    It doesn't help matters that he never actually catches the ball in the shooter's position ready to launch. He shoots only if all other options are exhausted. That makes the shot seem even slower.
    He knows he sucks at shooting so he never does. I dont see that as a bad thing though.

  10. #7210
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You should be watching the games.

    Amir has looked like someone stole his puppy.

    ED has shown more and more his potential is a backup off the bench who might provide a spark every 3rd game.

    The talk has been one of them has to go, but now I would hardly be upset with both leaving.

    There needs to be consistency to be good.

    FWIW, if I had to only keep one though, it would be Amir.
    the season is a wash no point in watching now. not that there ever was. I will be watching next year regardless of what happens in the off season. excited to see valanciunas in action.

    i migh watch the final three or so. who do they have in the final five?

    ed is in a sophomore slump, i dont care much for amir's game, I mean exciting yes, easy to find yes, ship him out, i couldn't care less if they both went.

    package them together and get another top ten pick or top 15 and a piece.

  11. #7211
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    the season is a wash no point in watching now. not that there ever was. I will be watching next year regardless of what happens in the off season. excited to see valanciunas in action.

    i migh watch the final three or so. who do they have in the final five?

    ed is in a sophomore slump, i dont care much for amir's game, I mean exciting yes, easy to find yes, ship him out, i couldn't care less if they both went.

    package them together and get another top ten pick or top 15 and a piece.
    You've stated previously you are not and have not watched the games this year but you are giving opinions of Amir being more intense and Davis being a better defender and having more potential as a starter. I'm not sure the basis of such an evaluation.

    No doubt to each their own opinion but they are difficult to take at face value when you've admittedly barely watched a game all season.

  12. #7212
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt to each their own opinion but they are difficult to take at face value when you've admittedly barely watched a game all season.
    lol!!

  13. #7213
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You've stated previously you are not and have not watched the games this year but you are giving opinions of Amir being more intense and Davis being a better defender and having more potential as a starter. I'm not sure the basis of such an evaluation.

    No doubt to each their own opinion but they are difficult to take at face value when you've admittedly barely watched a game all season.
    Well, it's not like this is their first year here. Just because I haven't seen more than a quarter of game footage all year. I'm still obligated to have an opinion, I wouldn't be throwin out an opinion on something I knew nothing about.

    I've formed an opinion after absorbingmany views of sports writers, casters, highlights, and this forum.

    plus, I enjoy arguing.

  14. #7214
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsHype.com:
    Everything old is new again.... Best shape of mah life brah! Imma new playa brah! Fill in the blanks:

    “As a coach, everyone in the team likes him (________________), unlike __________, and he earned the respect of all the players right from Day 1,” Bargnani said. “That’s why we asked [Raptors president Bryan Colangelo] to confirm him. And he agreed, because he’s the right man to start over with.”

    “Something changed in my head last summer, but not having a lot of minutes on court, I didn’t get the chance to show it.”

  15. #7215
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Everything old is new again.... Best shape of mah life brah! Imma new playa brah! Fill in the blanks:

    “As a coach, everyone in the team likes him (________________), unlike __________, and he earned the respect of all the players right from Day 1,” Bargnani said. “That’s why we asked [Raptors president Bryan Colangelo] to confirm him. And he agreed, because he’s the right man to start over with.”

    “Something changed in my head last summer, but not having a lot of minutes on court, I didn’t get the chance to show it.”
    I'm a little slow. I need a little more context.

  16. #7216
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://torontosportsmedia.com/toront...spect-sam/4263
    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm a little slow. I need a little more context.
    Original article is subscriber only cause it's so old but here is the excerpt.

  17. #7217
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    http://torontosportsmedia.com/toront...spect-sam/4263

    original article is subscriber only cause it's so old but here is the excerpt.
    lmao!!!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #7218
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    http://torontosportsmedia.com/toront...spect-sam/4263

    Original article is subscriber only cause it's so old but here is the excerpt.
    That is funny.

    I don't think the context it is being used in is fair though.

    Ask just about every player on a team after a coach is fired what he thinks. The old coach was fired for a reason. In this case, Mitchell was not only hard on Bargnani (fwiw, I have no problem with that) but there were a lot of questions surrounding his leadership and x's and o's. Mitchell had his first coaching job in Toronto and since then was the lead assistant in NJ last year for one year only and..... well that is it. Why isn't he coaching again - even at an assistant level?

    Triano at that time might have been the right man for the job. The relationship between coach and team was strained with Mitchell. Triano was well liked. That might have been needed at that time, but regardless of what was needed, it was what Bargnani knew at that time. One thing I respect with Bargnani is he gives straight answers.

    As for Bargnani with Casey, I don't feel it is out of place to say Casey is what Toronto needed at this time. Bargnani's play this year backs up his claims. No he isn't rebounding but his OppPER is just 13.5. Bargnani is actually playing defense this year and the times he has not, Casey has shown him the bench. Luckily Bargnani has responded at such times.


    It is tough for me to be objective as I am a fan of Bargnani and I hope nothing but success for him in Toronto. He is unorthodox in his style of play but I think he can be part of a winner in Toronto. Maybe I need to remove the rose coloured glasses but that is my opinion.

    One thing to remember is Bargnani talks about his love for playing for Ettore Messina. Being challenged by a coach is not an issue for Bargnani. Being challenged by a coach he respects is another issue. I don't think he respected Mitchell therefore his challenges were for not. I don't think Triano challenged him therefore his game didn't improve in areas it needed to. I think he respects Casey and is up to the challenges he places before him.

    Again all my opinion and I realize I am not the most objective poster when it comes to Bargnani. On the flip side, I don't think many other posters are objective to Bargnani either - but in the other extreme.

  19. #7219
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To add to Matt's point, Mitchell absolutely adored Bosh. Even hearing him now as an "insider" on The Fan 590, Mitchell still talks up Bosh every chance he gets. Perhaps there was some favourtism going on at Bargnani's expense.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  20. #7220
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    To add to Matt's point, Mitchell absolutely adored Bosh. Even hearing him now as an "insider" on The Fan 590, Mitchell still talks up Bosh every chance he gets. Perhaps there was some favourtism going on at Bargnani's expense.
    I didn't raise the point to bash Bargnani and I don't disagree that Mitchell's relationship with Bargs was contentious and I am sure Bargs was happy to see him go. The point I was trying to make is that whenever I hear stuff like, "best shape of my life!" "whole new player" "better than I ever felt before" "really worked on my game this offseason" "the lockeroom has the best chemistry ever" I just take it all with a grain of salt. This stuff is said every year in all 30 organizations and is usually bullshit. The best coach is always the next one, the best offseason is always next year and the best roster is always just around the corner...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •