View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    9 7.03%
  • B

    47 36.72%
  • C

    30 23.44%
  • D

    19 14.84%
  • F

    23 17.97%
Page 83 of 527 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

  1. #1641
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Glenn Robinson was most definitely a Franchise player especially at the start of his career as well. Big Dog was a certified 20 ppg boss back in the day. Allen, Cassell & Robinson lead Milwaukee to alot of wins while they were together back in the day.

    Barg's isn't a bust just a disappointment after 4 plus years......smh
    I don't know why scoring 20 ppg is considered the mark of a franchise player. Hell, Mike James scored 20 ppg when he was with the Raptors. And just so you know, Milwaukee didn't do anything in the playoffs until they traded for Sam Cassell. They coulnd't even get out of the first round (sound familiar?). And Ray Allen scored the same amount as Robinson that year.

    The problem with Glenn Robinson was that he was a one dimensional player. He was a very poor defender, an average defender and didn't make his teammates better. I don't know if people remember, but Robinson was actually compared to Larry Bird, by some, when he was drafted.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #1642
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Glenn Robinson was most definitely a Franchise player especially at the start of his career as well. Big Dog was a certified 20 ppg boss back in the day. Allen, Cassell & Robinson lead Milwaukee to alot of wins while they were together back in the day.

    Barg's isn't a bust just a disappointment after 4 plus years......smh
    A franchise player? Glenn Robinson??

    You should check his stats: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glenn_robinson/

    And then his teams record starting in his rookie year 94-95: http://www.nba.com/bucks/history/00400459.html

    They had 2 seasons above .500 (42-40 and 52-30) and 1 season at .500 (41-41). These were his last 3 of 8 seasons with the Bucks.

    I wouldn't call Robinson a franchise player. To me a franchise player is a player you can create around to win. Robinson was an all-star and I would most definitely place him in the same boat as Chris Bosh. The Bucks were +14 wins during his rookie season but then were -9 for his 2nd year compared to rookie, and -1 for his 3rd year compared to rookie year, +2 for 4th vs 3rd, -8 for 5th vs. 4th. His 4th and 5th years he played limited games but they stayed a lottery team for 5 years after he was drafted.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Nov 1st, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

  3. #1643
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol you see what i mean about his lame ass supoprters who justify,make excuses for him and actually try to steer the topic of his lazy work ethic into something else..its pathetic.

    "Well as long as we win games does it matter?"

    Ugh yes it matters cuz its 1 win and 2 games into a season and we wont win many more with our center rebounding once...it matters ALOT that he refuses to play like a man inside....even if we win 40 games this year if he rebounds 2 a game it still looks pathetic and corny on him and we basically would be winning despite him....

    His fans have that built in defense mechanism when you bring up his rebounds...you cant ever just talk about it and have a discussion with these people..its always an excuse or a quick left turn into a diff topic....and yes as said making it worse is it was against the bum ass cavs weak front court WITHOUT Varajeo...

  4. #1644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol @ Glenn Rob being a franchise player.....posting privileges should be banned ONE month for that one...

  5. #1645
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani isn't a bust. He's pretty pathetic a times though.

  6. #1646
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Without Bargs, we lose games. all you haters should follow ur hero CB to tranny Miami and shut dee hell up
    What the fuck are you talking about?! thats not an argument, thats you running away like a bitch avoiding a discussion, kinda like the Republicans. And I'm speaking on behalf of people who dislike BOTH Barney and Rupaul.
    Heck If I was a Barney lover I'd make a better statement than "without bargs, we lose games", I mean the fuck honestly, excuse my language.

  7. #1647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know all about Big Dog's- a career 20ppg scorer, stats- thanks though. If folks don't think he was a Franchise in Milwaukee so be it...smh He's better than Bargnani ever will be...

  8. #1648
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    I know all about Big Dog's- a career 20ppg scorer, stats- thanks though. If folks don't think he was a Franchise in Milwaukee so be it...smh He's better than Bargnani ever will be...
    A 20ppg scorer on a losing team for 5 consecutive years - nope, no franchise player. Good deflection back to Bargnani though.

  9. #1649
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A 20ppg scorer on a losing team for 5 consecutive years - nope, no franchise player. Good deflection back to Bargnani though.
    That's your opinion....smh

    All Franchise player's win? I believe that it is a team game........when he got better teammates in Milwaukee he won......smh

  10. #1650
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    That's your opinion....smh

    All Franchise player's win? I believe that it is a team game........when he got better teammates in Milwaukee he won......smh
    http://www.medra.com/parkinsons-trea...FRhCgwodGhdRPg
    Good luck.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #1651
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Parkinson's is no joking matter.smh Finding humor in other folks health problems is 100% classless.

    Personal attack- mods?

    That post has nothing to do with the thread subject or my posted quoted response nor do I find it humorous in the least especially after he ran crying to the mods last time when I asked if he was a remedial motherfucker? Fyi- I will not be replying to anything else you direct at me in the future....smh

    Like Too Short said- I ain't trippin' it ain't really worth my time smh:


    Have a great life Tim W
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 1st, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

  12. #1652
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Without Bargs, we lose games. all you haters should follow ur hero CB to tranny Miami and shut dee hell up
    bargs put up 28 pts or something like that against the kings and only 2 rebounds and we still lost. WITH HIM. Not to mention he got abused by some rookie named DeMarcus Cousins. By A ROOKIE. Bargs is as relevant to the Raptors winning as you are.

  13. #1653
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    bargs put up 28 pts or something like that against the kings and only 2 rebounds and we still lost. WITH HIM. Not to mention he got abused by some rookie named DeMarcus Cousins. By A ROOKIE. Bargs is as relevant to the Raptors winning as you are.
    Dude you're totally right. Gotta give it to the Kings coaching staff though, I would have to believe that was their plan all along, get Reggie out of the paint by playing pick and roll with Evans and Laundry, forcing him to play around the perimeter and getting Cousins around the post with Barney. This guy has to pick it up, scoring doesn't mean shit if you can get at least 5 rebounds, especially late in the stretch.

  14. #1654
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    lol you see what i mean about his lame ass supoprters who justify,make excuses for him and actually try to steer the topic of his lazy work ethic into something else..its pathetic.

    "Well as long as we win games does it matter?"

    Ugh yes it matters cuz its 1 win and 2 games into a season and we wont win many more with our center rebounding once...it matters ALOT that he refuses to play like a man inside....even if we win 40 games this year if he rebounds 2 a game it still looks pathetic and corny on him and we basically would be winning despite him....

    His fans have that built in defense mechanism when you bring up his rebounds...you cant ever just talk about it and have a discussion with these people..its always an excuse or a quick left turn into a diff topic....and yes as said making it worse is it was against the bum ass cavs weak front court WITHOUT Varajeo...
    I love how it always turns into a Bosh or `at least he`s better than the Young Gunz` response. Another 2 whole boards tonight, what would happen if they ever squeaked into the playoffs...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  15. #1655
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gotta admit, that was pretty low Tim.

    I mean unless you two have history, I don't see why you would have to reply to his post like that.

    It's the internet and what not but you're one of the "veterans" in this forum, I'll check previous posts in this thread but I'd doubt I'll find anything that has him attacking you b/c you were replying to the post above, which was actually directed at someone else.

  16. #1656
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the reason why they call bargs "il mago" is because 1 second you see him, the next you don't. on both ends of the floor too. sure he gets his points but so what? I wanna see him impose his will on the other team, and not: 1) get the ball at the 3pt line 2) fake a drive; 3a) turn and pass 3b) look to pass and shoot a long 2 or 3.

    *yawn*

  17. #1657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol you can set ur watch by this guy Andrea....

    28 pts (most of it first half and meaningless)

    2 rebounds atrocious D and invisible 4th qtr and a loss...

    get used to it...what you saw tonight is the norm..for both Bargs and team...

  18. #1658
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Still don't know how a center who is 7' can only grab 2 rebounds in just over 35 minutes of action.

    Really. Here's the thing, though, it's not just about numbers. I'd be perfectly fine with Bargnani grabbing two boards , IF HE ACTUALLY BOXED OUT HIS MAN. Which he doesn't. There was enough video evidence tonight vs. the Kings when Bargnani was removed from his position by Cousins and even Casspi. Bargnani has no desire to hustle and/or rebound. You can't have someone like Reggie grab 19 rebounds and the next biggest guy have 2. The problem is, with Evans putting in so much hustle, Bargnani gets complacent, thinking he doesn't have to put in work on the defensive glass.

    Someone needs to set him straight.

  19. #1659
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    28 pts (most of it first half and meaningless)

    2 rebounds atrocious D and invisible 4th qtr and a loss...
    this sums him up to a T. Has this guy ever had a big 4th quarter?

    Maybe "The Illusionist" is a better nick for the guy? He does something when nobody (including the opposing team) is paying attention.

  20. #1660
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    bargs put up 28 pts or something like that against the kings and only 2 rebounds and we still lost. WITH HIM. Not to mention he got abused by some rookie named DeMarcus Cousins. By A ROOKIE. Bargs is as relevant to the Raptors winning as you are.
    I just want to mention that when he PLAYED in the first half, the Raptors were a lot better. They had a nearly 20 point lead with him on the court. He went off for 5 minutes and the lead was down to around 10. Second half he lost momentum like DeRozan but still kept the team in the game. With Bargnani off, the team was clearly worse. Bargnani won't win us championships, but saying Bargs is as irrelevant to winning as a fan, that's just trash. Also, he didn't get abused by Cousins, who isn't just a rookie, but one of the best.. He's next to Griffin in this year's best rookie big men. He is solid, strong, big and smart. And Bargs limited him to 16 and 5. And put him into foul trouble which was key in the game, if Cousins played 35 minutes we would have gotten blown out.
    Btw, the Raptors lost against the Kings, WITH THE ENTIRE TEAM not just Bargnani.

Page 83 of 527 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •