Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I am totally going to do that. Like, today.
    You're just starting now? ;-)

@Doc: I'll keep it in mind; thanks for the offer. Like most of us, hanging out on the site is mainly for entertainment, and I'm not sure I'd have the commitment to actually take it further than that, but if the mood strikes, maybe I'll give it a shot sometime and submit something to the powers-that-be...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
      @Doc: I'll keep it in mind; thanks for the offer. Like most of us, hanging out on the site is mainly for entertainment, and I'm not sure I'd have the commitment to actually take it further than that, but if the mood strikes, maybe I'll give it a shot sometime and submit something to the powers-that-be...
      Absolutely jimmie! Cheers

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Seems he has been missing in action since the start of the season, unfortunately. There was a bit of a disagreement over you know who and he has not been heard from since.
        he's probably calling everyone out on his blog which no one reads...

I mean, whoops.

he probably joined over at wherever that is that budahfan now posts and they compare amir and bargnani all day.

btw, it seems everytime i quote it repeats the last word of each sentence. probably means i have a virus.
        Last edited by LBF; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:52 PM.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I'm not sure what happened to Tim. Perhaps he's waiting for Bargnani to falter before he comments on him again? That might be a long vacation based on what I've seen so far.

budahfan, haven't heard that name in a long time. He certainly would be within his rights to be dropping excessive "told ya so" comments around here if he hadn't gone MIA long, long ago.

As for the quote problem, I think it's a PC issue and not a site issue.

Comment

• agreed, hopefully barnes
            ya dun noe

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure what happened to Tim. Perhaps he's waiting for Bargnani to falter before he comments on him again? That might be a long vacation based on what I've seen so far.

budahfan, haven't heard that name in a long time. He certainly would be within his rights to be dropping excessive "told ya so" comments around here if he hadn't gone MIA long, long ago.

As for the quote problem, I think it's a PC issue and not a site issue.
              hahaha i think Tim's biggest problem, and ive told him this lots of times so im not talking behind his back right now, was he always seemed to try and aim at changing people's minds about topics that he disagreed with. To me, he always seemed to tell me, youre wrong, and im right, so dont think that way. And that really irritated me at times.

Well Bargnani only had 2 rebs the other day, we still havent heard from him. He's probably using a different name now and being more subtle with his posts.

Comment

• Tim makes some really good contributions around here. Hope to see him back. He could be on vacation.

Comment

I'm not sure what happened to Tim.
                  for me it seems he is not posting because he was (or he think he was, i'm not going too deep into it) accused for going offtopic, while "posting negative comments (again, i'm not the one to judge)" on Bargnani in thread called something like "If Bargnani was playing like today, would you like keep him in a team". He was prolly pissed on, and said - FU..

Tim makes some really good contributions around here. Hope to see him back. He could be on vacation.
                  True, he was making good points, it would be nice to see him back.

Comment

• He didn't seem like the type to get too bent out of shape by personal criticisms/attacks on the interweb; seemed pretty level-headed for that level of insecurity, IMO. My guess is that 'real life' has simply gotten in the way of posting lately. I hope it's nothing serious.

[EDIT] Ironic, though, that this discussion of "wherefore Tim W." is being played out in the "Everything Bargnani" thread... I guess it goes to show how much Tim has become defined here by his opinions of one player. I agree that he has a lot of good thoughts to add on the Raptors in general, so hopefully he'll be back.
                    Last edited by jimmie; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 05:07 PM.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

He didn't seem like the type to get too bent out of shape by personal criticisms/attacks on the interweb; seemed pretty level-headed for that level of insecurity, IMO. My guess is that 'real life' has simply gotten in the way of posting lately. I hope it's nothing serious.

[EDIT] Ironic, though, that this discussion of "wherefore Tim W." is being played out in the "Everything Bargnani" thread... I guess it goes to show how much Tim has become defined here by his opinions of one player. I agree that he has a lot of good thoughts to add on the Raptors in general, so hopefully he'll be back.
                      hahaha boost the guys ego will you.

Comment

He didn't seem like the type to get too bent out of shape by personal criticisms/attacks on the interweb; seemed pretty level-headed for that level of insecurity, IMO.
                        were you not here in the multipaul days? tim w vs. multipaul was a daily source of comedy for me

even though i may have butted heads with tim a few times... and i rarely agree with him... i appreciated his contributions here.. a shitty forum is one where everyone agrees

can't knock a well informed contributor, even if you think he's wrong

Comment

I'm not sure what happened to Tim. Perhaps he's waiting for Bargnani to falter before he comments on him again? That might be a long vacation based on what I've seen so far.

Tim W. commented last on RaptorsHQ on january 2th I think ... (yeah I keep track), so he probably isn't on a vacation. Budha posts comments on there as well, regularly I believe.

jimmie wrote: View Post
                          The two Raptors who used to be high volume shooters, Bargnani and Tim. As I said somewhere earlier: I think we can see Tim back after a 5-10 game losing streak.

Comment

• Il Mago: The Impact Player?

Bargnani, who had 10 points and 10 rebounds before leaving for the night, is expected to have an MRI on Thursday to assess the damage. With the Raptors off for the day following three games in three nights, it won’t be until Friday before they have to figure out what they’ll do.

“He doesn’t even remember doing it,” said Casey of his star big man, who had been averaging more than 24 points per game. “It’s a lot of fatigue. You see a lot of it around the league right now as far as fatigue, pulls and that sort of thing.”
                            Source: The Star

So Bargnani checks out and the offense struggles. He's been criticized for not being able to carry a team on his own after going #1 overall but it seems this year his contributions have been resulting in the Raptors being far more competitive. I'm almost hoping he doesn't play Friday, just to see how the team plays in his absence.

Comment

• Has Bargnani peaked?

Moderators please feel free to merge this into the Bargnani thread. I just wanted to start a discussion on this topic first.

A lot of guys on the forum believe that Bargnani could be our franchise player. The way he's been playing the first 10 games has been a pleasant surprise. I still doubt if he can co-exist with a stud SF, but that's besides the point.

Has Bargnani peaked this season? Is this season the best we will ever get from him?

If we are a bad team now and are building towards the future, would it make more sense to trade Bargnani now while he has peaked before he degrades in performance?

I found the following article today:
                              http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...-scorers-peak/

It lists the average age that NBA top scorers have peaked. It shows that the average age is at around 25 years. There are some exceptions of course (Hakeem peaked at 32, Pettit at 29 and Robinson at 28), but for the most part a scorer peaked at 25/26.

Bargnani is 26 this year. He'll be 27 next season and if he hasn't peaked this year there is a big chance he'll peak next year.

The average number of years according to the article would be about 5 years. This year is Bargnani's 6th year.

Is it worthwhile to keep Bargnani when we probably won't be a good team until 2014/2015, when Bargnani turns 29/30? I think Bargnani has been playing lights out, but I'm still not sold on him as a future piece for our core. If we trade Bargnani then we could move Davis into the starting rotation and try and land a better SF (or PG) or another lottery pick in 2012 so we can get younger assets that can grow together. Bargnani could play for another 7/8 years, but those years could be worse off than he's playing this year. Is that a gamble worth taking?

I'm not blind to the fact that science and technology has improved since the 50's and 60's, so a player should be able to play longer at a more consistent level, but peaking and playing for a long time are two different things.

I guess Bargnani has proven that he could be the exception to the rule. Play fairly lousy (ie, one dimensionally) for 5 years, and then play like he's an alien in his 6th year... so he may not fit the average nba'er - but I'm still worried that this might be the best we'll ever get from him.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Unreal. The guy finally starts playing the way we expected him to, and as soon as he does, we start questioning if he can give us more?

We've always wanted 20-10 from him with solid effort and good defense. He's doing all of that.
                                Even if this is his 'peak', I'd be fine with that, as he's playing like an All-Star and would be playing like the best player on a Really good team. Not just a bad team.

Comment

Working...
                                X