View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 374 of 527 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With the discussion of all-star appearances and Dre's chances of being in uniform what kind of stat line does it take to book his ticket?

I'm thinking 22 points, 7 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block, close to 50% shooting and the Raps in the top 6 of the east just to be in the conversation. I think he's capable of putting that line up (more points and blocks to be honest) but he needs to be fully engaged and healthy which are two big question marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    I'm thinking 22 points, 7 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block, close to 50% shooting and the Raps in the top 6 of the east just to be in the conversation. I think he's capable of putting that line up (more points and blocks to be honest) but he needs to be fully engaged and healthy which are two big question marks.
    I think Bargs could be a 24 - 25 ppg player. He has some unstoppable moves!
    However, I don't see his rebounding getting up to 7... Bargnani will be the go to guy on offence and more often then not while he's on the floor, he'll be the guy taking the shots. Problem is, Bargnani's go to moves often see him fading away from the basket and using his height to his advantage. It's effective in terms of scoring, but by launching himself away from the basket he typically makes it impossible to pick up his own rebound. Lowry, Derozan and Jonas will all have a much better chance grabbing their own misses. Sharing the front court with Jonas and Gray (two guys being paid to focus on rebounding) I just don't see his numbers going up.
    And yet, I think we'll be a good team that can out-rebound our opponents 60% of the time. It just wont be Bargnani carrying the load.
    Also, I don't think Bargnani will get up to a block a game. That's a good help defender stat and that's not his forte. Jonas on the other hand..

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his numbers last year (19.5 pts, 5.5 rebs) would be good enough if the Raptors are one of the top 8 teams in the EC during the first half of the season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    I think Bargs could be a 24 - 25 ppg player. He has some unstoppable moves!
    However, I don't see his rebounding getting up to 7... Bargnani will be the go to guy on offence and more often then not while he's on the floor, he'll be the guy taking the shots. Problem is, Bargnani's go to moves often see him fading away from the basket and using his height to his advantage. It's effective in terms of scoring, but by launching himself away from the basket he typically makes it impossible to pick up his own rebound. Lowry, Derozan and Jonas will all have a much better chance grabbing their own misses. Sharing the front court with Jonas and Gray (two guys being paid to focus on rebounding) I just don't see his numbers going up.
    And yet, I think we'll be a good team that can out-rebound our opponents 60% of the time. It just wont be Bargnani carrying the load.
    Also, I don't think Bargnani will get up to a block a game. That's a good help defender stat and that's not his forte. Jonas on the other hand..
    Rebounding could be tough based on his offensive game I agree but he'll play enough minutes to have a decent shot at that amount. As for blocks he's definitely capable of a block a game (his career is .9) and he had years of 1.2 and 1.4 so a bock doesn't seem out of the question. Blocks should be easier to come by with Lowry and Fields playing better D and the players driving will be off balance rather then having a free run compared to previous seasons. I expect his assist numbers to go up again this year as well.

Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Andrea wasn't at the Media Day this year?
    Let's go Raptors!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote teoserio wrote: View Post
    Why Andrea wasn't at the Media Day this year?

He was...

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...GNANI1-2233782
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

thanks man
    Let's go Raptors!

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

can't find the thread from the first game but i just finally saw it. i just want to disagree with the people who were saying andrea looked bad. i thought he came out agressive and really attacked the rim. it looked to me that he wanted to get to the bucket everytime he touched the ball almost. even if it didnt fall the desire to get there was in full effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    can't find the thread from the first game but i just finally saw it. i just want to disagree with the people who were saying andrea looked bad. i thought he came out agressive and really attacked the rim. it looked to me that he wanted to get to the bucket everytime he touched the ball almost. even if it didnt fall the desire to get there was in full effect.
    He looked bad on the other end of the court.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani blames fatigue...

Andrea Bargnani has not looked right in Toronto’s first two pre-season contests.

The team’s leading scorer has a pretty reasonable explanation as to why:

“I’m still not 100%,” Bargnani told the media on Thursday, ahead of Friday’s game against Detroit.

“Everybody is a little fatigued right now, but we’re still in training camp and we’re going to be all right for the (regular season opener against Indiana on Halloween).
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/11...les-on-fatique

Post Thanks / Like

He's just out of shape from recovering from the calf.

Post Thanks / Like

The seven-footer went home to Italy in the off-season and has come back healthy and strong. ‘Really happy that he’s come into camp in great shape, 15 pounds heavier, stronger but he’s playing at that high level that we saw last year and I’m excited about it,’ Casey said. [...] The 26-year-old took a rare summer off from Italy’s national team to fully heal his body and mind, a much-needed break for someone who’s played professionally since he was 18, and Casey said Bargnani is back even better than he was to start the season last year.
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...e-an-all-star/

Raptors head coach Dwane Casey also believes that Bargnani will come around once he is in top shape.

“A guy like that, he’ll raise to the level of performance with his shooting. He’s got to get in condition,” Casey said, adding he might extend his minutes in practice to hasten the process.
    So, which is it coach?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Both? He put on mass and got stronger, but doesn't have his wind yet, since his stamina was hurt from all his time off. Just hitting weights can improve the strength, but it won't do a lick for your stamina... it will come with time, I'm not worried. Ask me again 10-15 games into the season though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Both? He put on mass and got stronger, but doesn't have his wind yet, since his stamina was hurt from all his time off. Just hitting weights can improve the strength, but it won't do a lick for your stamina... it will come with time, I'm not worried. Ask me again 10-15 games into the season though!
    I appreciate the effort but it's tough to square those quotes with each other. Your defense is the best I think but, as they say in chess, it's still a losing position.

I posted it not to pick at Casey or Bargs but just to point out yet again that 100% of the stuff you hear in training camp/preseason is b.s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I appreciate the effort but it's tough to square those quotes with each other. Your defense is the best I think but, as they say in chess, it's still a losing position.

I posted it not to pick at Casey or Bargs but just to point out yet again that 100% of the stuff you hear in training camp/preseason is b.s.
    One quote says he's in great shape (specifically the added weight and increased strength), while the other quote says he needs to get in better condition (stamina). It makes total sense for a player recovering from a leg/knee/foot injury; they can do anaerobic workouts but not aerobic workouts, which are required to maintain and/or build stamina. I'm not really sure where the BS is.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never considered Bargnani a work horse, but it would have been nice if he used a swimming pool in the off season to help with his cardio. Just because you have a leg/foot/knee injury doesn't mean that you should stop your cardio workouts.

Post Thanks / Like

When I hear the phrase "in great shape" being spoken in professional sports, the first thing that comes to mind is stamina (as in, ready to play the game without getting tired).

It seems deceptive to speak of "great shape" in terms of strength and muscle if it doesn't translate to on-court production.

But that's just me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just because you have a leg/foot/knee injury doesn't mean that you should stop your cardio workouts.
    I'm not a doctor but probably swimming (or whatever in the pool) for improve aerobic is not same as running for improve aerobic. Target is the same but probably you have different output from the body
    Let's go Raptors!

mcsemcp73

Default Andrea Bargnani has not looked right in Toronto’s first two pre-season contests.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/11...les-on-fatique

Andrea Bargnani has not looked right in Toronto’s first two pre-season contests.

The team’s leading scorer has a pretty reasonable explanation as to why:

“I’m still not 100%,” Bargnani told the media on Thursday, ahead of Friday’s game against Detroit.

“Everybody is a little fatigued right now, but we’re still in training camp and we’re going to be all right for the (regular season opener against Indiana on Halloween).

Bargnani has hit only nine of 27 shots over the first two games (33.3%) and is 2-for-8 from three-point range.

Last season, the seven-footer dipped to just 29.6% accuracy from behind the line, continuing a downward trend from his career-best 40.9% in 2008-09 and 37.2% last year.

Bargnani is not getting as much lift or arc on his shots, which points to the fitness issue he raised.

His worst shooting last season came after he had missed time with a calf injury and was battling to find his conditioning.He is rarely concerned though about his game and certainly isn’t losing any sleep about his ailing jumper.

“I’ve never been worried about my jump shot since I’m six years old I don’t care if it goes in, goes out, I’m still shooting, still (have) a great shot,” Bargnani said.

“I don’t even think about my shot actually, I just think about defence, try to get rebounds. My shot? I just shoot.”

Raptors head coach Dwane Casey also believes that Bargnani will come around once he is in top shape.

“A guy like that, he’ll raise to the level of performance with his shooting. He’s got to get in condition,” Casey said, adding he might extend his minutes in practice to hasten the process.

“We’re going to go as far as he takes us. He’s going to be an anchor for us, a guy that can knock down shots. A lot of what we do is predicated on him making open shots. I’ve been pushing him, (getting) on him, mainly about running the floor both ways.”

He seems to be getting the message and intends to respond to Casey’s demands.

“The main thing is get in shape,” Bargnani reiterated.

“Especially the way we want to play, play hard defence, be a running team, we’ve got to be in shape in order to do it.”

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about Bargs. So far this season I have seen a commitment to defence (him and JV play great together) and Bargs getting into the positions he needs to get to on offence. The shot will come.

Thread Information