View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

8 6.50%
  • B

47 38.21%
  • C

29 23.58%
  • D

18 14.63%
  • F

21 17.07%
Page 377 of 526 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 10519

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday will be a win, book it

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs was so bad on D tonight. Like a pylon. Yes, a nice block of Crash Wallace, but a pylon nonetheless. Interior D look very mediocre tonight. Great wing D, but Bargs is embarrassing.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

He continues to get lost when penetration happens. He either helps when there's already help, or doesn't help at all. He just doesn't know his positions on the floor, and that's a huge reason why JV was in foul trouble as well. He had to do EVERYTHING down low...

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't his fault he got abused by G Force. How many 7 footers can guard a small forward like Wallace?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    It wasn't his fault he got abused by G Force. How many 7 footers can guard a small forward like Wallace?
    How many 7 footers rebound as poorly as Bargnani? The excuses for Bargnani have run out on rebounding.

Both plays were very lackadaisical effort on his part. He was barely in a stance and did not even provide enough resistance to give the defense an opportunity to rotate or create a tougher angle for Wallace to get in to the heart of the key.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    How many 7 footers rebound as poorly as Bargnani? The excuses for Bargnani have run out on rebounding.

Both plays were very lackadaisical effort on his part. He was barely in a stance and did not even provide enough resistance to give the defense an opportunity to rotate or create a tougher angle for Wallace to get in to the heart of the key.
    I'm not giving any excuses for Bargs poor rebounding. But there is no way he has the lateral quicks to guard Crash on the perimeter, regardless of how much effort he puts into it

EDIT: yea i get what you mean though, there wasn't much effort on his part

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani for Gay! let the rumors begin

Post Thanks / Like

We'd have the best wing lineup in the league. DeRozan and Gay, that's close to VC and T Mac right there

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We'd have the best wing lineup in the league. DeRozan and Gay, that's close to VC and T Mac right there
    Wat. If VC and T-Mac stayed together, they likely would have been a better or comparable combo to LBJ and Wade.

Secondly, why the hell would Memphis want Bargnani?

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I'm not giving any excuses for Bargs poor rebounding. But there is no way he has the lateral quicks to guard Crash on the perimeter, regardless of how much effort he puts into it

EDIT: yea i get what you mean though, there wasn't much effort on his part
    At the same time, he wasn't really sagging off of him; he was playing him far too tightly. Give him open shots. AND he didn't really bother to use HIS size advantage back at him on offense.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

note: pace is the estimated number of possession in a game. It roughly relates to how 'fast' a team is playing. I also realize that the sample I'll use for this year is extremely small so try not to read into the whole values as an identification of how good or bad Bargnani actually is

2008/09 - Raptors pace 92
    2009/10 - Raptors pace 93.1
    2010/11 - Raptors pace 93
    2011/12 - Raptors pace 89.3
    2012/13 - Raptors pace 93

Now I know the difference here doesn't seem like much (3.7 possessions per game), but that is a rather large difference. As a reference the difference between the slowest and fastest paced team in the league last year was 6.4 possessions.

Bargnani's WS/48
    2008/09 - 0.76
    2009/10 - 0.72
    2010/11 - 0.53
    2011/12 - 0.104
    2012/12 - -0.035

Not necessarily a perfect correlation, but there is a pattern there of Bargnani playing better when the team plays slower.

Which makes me ask, if this Raptors team is planning on picking up the pace (as Colangelo has mentioned numerous times in the offseason) is Bargnani going to have problems fitting with that style?

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last nights effort by Dre was horrendous. He didn't have a good game vs the Nets but last nights was god awful. Hopefully he gets his shit together and plays well vs OKC tomorrow cause there gonna need all the help they can get if they want a W.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt in my mind that Bargnani will eventually wake up from his current sleep walk. But that's the point. It's been 7 years, and we've been through this up-and-down cycle every single season. Nothing has changed. He'll have some great games, following by some putrid games, followed by some more great games, and then back to stinking worse than my cat's breath. Rinse, lather, repeat (until he retires).

Bargnani IS the definition of inconsistency. Actually, check that. Bargnani being inconsistent, is the most consistent part of his game.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Nov 5th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time we really start using the word "accountable."

Andrea Bargnani does NOT deserve to be in that starting lineup right now. Period. I mean, Amir Johnson has come in, and changed the pace of games ex: Brooklyn, Minnesota game. As much as he is better on the second unit with his man Calderon, he has earned the right to start games.
    If we want to win against OKC, he NEEDS to be aggressive offensively, not to mention defensively HAS to be active. Not blocking shots, but knowing where to be in position on the court, to box out, to be the help guy. Too much "this possession I'll try hard, and the next possession I'll take a play off."

It's only 3 games in though, but he has been really disappointing. Only 3 games, but shit effort like that is NO excuse.

..... Bring in Josh Smith! :-)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani has to be traded.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after 6 seasons I can finally say I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon. For all these years I've been a fan and been sure it would all come together, but after last night's game...I'm done, I want him out. The first half of last nights game was the worst display of rebounding and effort I have ever seen. I was watching him off the ball and it was just pathetic. He doesn't even break into a trot at any point of the game when he doesn't have the ball or isn't hedging. When he does hedge he comes way up and then sort of walks back looking for a guy to pick up. I know I"m late to the hate, but I've arrived. He's aweful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    Well, after 6 seasons I can finally say I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon. For all these years I've been a fan and been sure it would all come together, but after last night's game...I'm done, I want him out. The first half of last nights game was the worst display of rebounding and effort I have ever seen. I was watching him off the ball and it was just pathetic. He doesn't even break into a trot at any point of the game when he doesn't have the ball or isn't hedging. When he does hedge he comes way up and then sort of walks back looking for a guy to pick up. I know I"m late to the hate, but I've arrived. He's aweful.
    Me too. I jumped on the "trade bargnani" bangwagon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    Welcome aboard..... it's a bit crowded but we are welcoming of those who have seen the light. I first realized something was amiss after the start of his second season. He was so good against New Jersey in the playoffs that my expectations were quite high, then the season started. Dude just wants to score. That's it. He can do the other stuff but he doesn't want to. If a guy is a bad rebounder cause he can't jump or anticipate you can work with that. If a guy is a having trouble on defense cause he is still learning (e.g. someone like Val) you can help him. You can't make a guy care if he doesn't. It's not possible.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Did Wade or LBJ get traded? Don't see how Gay and Derozan surpass them... Also I like both Demar and Gay but they wouldn't be anywhere near the force that T Mac and VC were. Demar and Gay would be slightly ahead of JJ and Wallace and in the conversation with George and Granger for second best wing combo currently in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Did Wade or LBJ get traded? Don't see how Gay and Derozan surpass them... Also I like both Demar and Gay but they wouldn't be anywhere near the force that T Mac and VC were. Demar and Gay would be slightly ahead of JJ and Wallace and in the conversation with George and Granger for second best wing combo currently in the league.
    I didn't mean it literally. Calm your horses

Thread Information