View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 391 of 527 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect title

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Perfect title
    I agree but I would add: #tradeBargnani

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I grade Bargnani's game once again? I was wrong, please forgive me.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

#tradeBargnani

#freeRaptorfans
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ers_Make_Trade

The Toronto Raptors are the most likely team to acquire Pau Gasol if the Los Angeles Lakers trade him, according to rival executives.

The Raptors would likely build a trade for Gasol centered around Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon.

According to sources, however, Bryan Colangelo has showed no willingness to deal Bargnani.
    I do not oppose this. You never enter negotiations offering your best package. Outside of diehard Raptor fans and a couple of writers, few gave them any hope for anything this season. The Lakers on the otherhand are expected to compete for a championship. Colangelo entering negotiations offering Calderon and Kleiza is a good start.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have both recently tried to engage the Lakers in trade discussions for Gasol, sources told ESPN.com, but the Lakers continue to tell teams that call that they will not consider dealing the Spaniard until L.A. can fully assess its roster after the return of injured point guard Steve Nash.

Stretch power forward Andrea Bargnani, veteran point guard Jose Calderon and fellow vet Linas Kleiza are among the players, sources say, that the Raptors have discussed making available to the Lakers in a deal for Gasol. It's an open secret around the league, meanwhile, that Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has been trying since last season to acquire Gasol to join fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio in a three-man core with All-Star forward Kevin Love, but sources say that the Lakers continue to resist Minnesota's attempts to build a trade offer around 2011's No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams and center Nikola Pekovic.

Sources told Broussard that Atlanta and the Houston Rockets, two clubs long linked to Gasol, no longer have interest in acquiring him. The same, sources told Broussard, holds for the Denver Nuggets, who possess multiple players who would appear to fit D'Antoni's system well.
    If Toronto could get Minnesota's assets (or a combination of) without taking on Gasol, that would be a helluva nice haul: Williams, Pekovic, Ridnour, 1st round pick. Pekovic could be retained or easily flipped again. He is going to be a RFA and Raps could match or do sign and trade. Williams could be that stretch 4 BC seems to love. Ridnour is a great backup.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj89l5k

Raps could also send out some 2nd round picks to both teams as they have 3 over next 2 years.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo's unwillingness to trade Bargnani....just makes me sick to hear that crap. Man, I don't know how th Bobcats' fans went through an entire season like this last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Colangelo's unwillingness to trade Bargnani....just makes me sick to hear that crap. Man, I don't know how th Bobcats' fans went through an entire season like this last year.
    I don't think much will happen until after December 15th when free agents from last summer can be traded.

Personally, I don't think he is unwilling to trade Bargnani. You never go in to negotiations offering your best package. He is probably dicking around LA with Calderon and Kleiza..... or at least I hope.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

If there's one thing we've learned about Colangelo, it is that if he says he's unwilling to trade Bargnani, the one thing we can be sure of is that he's willing to trade Bargnani.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he would trade AB if the right deal came along, but its discouraging that outside the perception is there in the U.S. that he's unwilling to trade him.

What I don't want to hear is that they are going to bring him off the bench as a super sub. Get him off the team, period

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Casey dumb, or stubborn? You decide.

“We are going to go the way Andrea goes offensively,” Casey said. “[With Bargnani,] we are a different team. We spread the floor. The floor is spaced. DeMar has more space to operate. [Bargnani] is the hub, the core. He is the guy everything kind of revolves around. If he is active engaged and productive, not only at the offensive end, but on the defensive end, we are a different team.”
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/is-the-tor...-already-over/

There is no "if" with Bargnani. Everyone can see this except Casey. He is not going to be "actively engaged" on the defensive end. Never, ever, ever, ever.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Casey seems like he was brainwashed by some bargnani cult
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey realizes that without Bargnani playing well this team is a bottomfeeder. So as long as he isn't traded for something good, Casey probably thinks that Bargnani playing good basketball is the only way to move up in the rankings. Sadly that (most likely) isn't going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Is Casey dumb, or stubborn? You decide.

There is no "if" with Bargnani. Everyone can see this except Casey. He is not going to be "actively engaged" on the defensive end. Never, ever, ever, ever.
    Last year I didn't think about Casey much cause the roster was awful and the whole point of the season was to lose and be in the Anthony Davis sweeptstakes.

This year, although I am by no means a basketball expert, I find myself constantly raising an eyebrow when it comes to Casey.

The offense is terrible. There is no player movement, no ball movement. A lot of the great motion stuff Triano ran is gone and hasn't been replaced by anything. The bigs don't get good looks with the ball, when they get it at all, and there are rarely any easy looks in a half court set. It's all one-on-one stuff.

Then you have the defense where tactical adjustments come too late or not at all. Pounding the rock is fine but even better would be pounding the rock while utilizing sound tactics. I don't see that.

Finally, player usage has been baffling. Bargnani is one example but there have been countless times where you just scratch your head at the rotations.

All a coach can do is put his players in the best position to win and I don't think Casey does that. Yeah, he's got a flawed roster with too many one-dimensional players and limited skill but you'd be hard-pressed to make a case he's getting the most out of his players.

Post Thanks / Like

#tradeBargnani #freeRaptorsfans

The movement is gaining steam. Let's do what we can to make sure the job gets done.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep going! pleaseee doo ittt. Come on Bc don't us down you crazy bastard!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorsfans

The movement is gaining steam. Let's do what we can to make sure the job gets done.
    Greg Brady told me he's gonna bring it up tomorrow on his morning show. We'll see if it actually happens... told him we need some mainstream support!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Greg Brady told me he's gonna bring it up tomorrow on his morning show. We'll see if it actually happens... told him we need some mainstream support!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my, GOD! Coach Casey please shut the fuck up. My goodness, he has been irritating! No more shitty, same excuses and benh the fucking cancer... (Sorry for the term, just tired of such non-care from such a talented player).

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    If there's one thing we've learned about Colangelo, it is that if he says he's unwilling to trade Bargnani, the one thing we can be sure of is that he's willing to trade Bargnani.
    lol, so true. The only thing we should've learned under 7 years of Colangelo, is never to trust a word he says.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Oh, my, GOD! Coach Casey please shut the fuck up. My goodness, he has been irritating! No more shitty, same excuses and benh the fucking cancer... (Sorry for the term, just tired of such non-care from such a talented player).
    Still think Casey is a great coach?

I'm with you on his interviews it's the same regurgitated shit over and over. There is no accountability in the room and I don't think he's helping. It's time to take the kiddie gloves off and start calling out players.

Andrea effort and not taking it to the hoop when his shots not dropping
    Demar losing track of his man defensively and when driving trying to finish with a dunk or into the man (this will get him more free throws)
    Lowry cheating in the passing lanes, sharing the ball and shot selection
    Jose not fighting through screens
    JV for not holding his screens longer
    Amir for not giving the same effort we've grown accustom to
    Kleiza for not being amnestied

I like that the high school rotations of everyone has been cut back but something has to change it's getting hard to watch.

Thread Information