View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 402 of 527 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 502 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Never boo a single player at home on your team...no matter. Boo the team if they are dogging it. Imagine what players on the visiting team think? Would they like to come play in/for TO before such fans?

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Actually, it's the opposite. Booing a basketball player, any basketball player, indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... angry existence, etc. Setting up a Twitter hashtag indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... mistrust of people, etc. Spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get a sports franchise to trade one player indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously...

Fans are fans. But they're not all cool.

I'm not mad, bro. Just calling it as it is. Douche-y is as douche-y does. I personally don't care either way whether you boo Bargs or not.

Well I always get a little weary of people who tell me how we should behave and what normal is.

Like I said earlier, the best solution to this is to go buy a ticket and do as you please, and tell all your right thinking friends to do the same.

I personally like the fact I can go to other venues and cheer for my team and boo for the home team. I don't feel I need to show my drivers license or residency to be called a douche. I would hope peoples scope of what we can and cant' do is a little wider.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea + AA for ridnour, D will, and Lou admunson get er done
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Thu Feb 7th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus you really never know why people are there for the game to begin with. Could be that they're fans of the team, could be that they go there just to see a single player they've been following for years. Maybe they're dating one of the cheerleaders. Could be that they're stressed at work and chose a game to attend that they thought the Raptors had a good chance to win. Maybe they're on a date because they had intimacy issues and were afraid to take the girl out for dinner. Maybe they got stood up. Maybe they got stuck with a ticket during a Christmas gift exchange, tried their best to sell it and then decided to hell with it and attended the game. Maybe they're hockey fans who got stuck with some Raptors tickets when they bought a package of Leafs tickets.

Whatever the reason, each and every attendee has got a mind of their own with different motives for being at the game.

I think the key to take from this is whether or not it was a single fan booing Bargnani, or a whole bunch of them. I remember going to game where it was Raptors vs Orlando, we started falling behind (by a lot) and the fans started to do the F-U-V-C chant. Vince Carter was a New Jersey Net at the time. Was it stupid? Of course, but what are you gonna do? Personally, I joined in --- because it's fun.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Never boo a single player at home on your team...no matter. Boo the team if they are dogging it. Imagine what players on the visiting team think? Would they like to come play in/for TO before such fans?
    Maybe they're thinking:

"Holy cow.. these fans don't take no sh|t. I like this. I'm a hardworker so I'd fit right in."

- Paul Millsap

(not a true story, but could be)
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Andrea + AA for ridnour, D will, and Lou admunson get er done
    With a wing rotation of Gay/Williams and Fields/Ross, DeRozan becomes expendable to pickup a starting PF! But that's for another thread

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Maybe they're on a date because they had intimacy issues and were afraid to take the girl out for dinner.
    i took my ex to a raps game for our first date... it was a horrible date... almost ruined the whole thing...

in hindsight, i wish it ruined the whole thing..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    With a wing rotation of Gay/Williams and Fields/Ross, DeRozan becomes expendable to pickup a starting PF! But that's for another thread
    Yup, but I think d will might play some more at the four. Luke ridnour is the main piece tho, we need that backup pg. Lou admundson is a cheap backup PF with an expiring contract so if he plays well we could resign him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Yup, but I think d will might play some more at the four. Luke ridnour is the main piece tho, we need that backup pg. Lou admundson is a cheap backup PF with an expiring contract so if he plays well we could resign him.
    It could just be Ridnour & Williams, without Amundson (even if he is included, I don't expect him sticking around beyond this season, if he even lasts that long). Regardless, Amir would be the only decent true PF on the roster. Even with Gay, Williams and Acy spending some time at the PF spot, I can't see that being a viable long-term solution. Especially when Valanciunas (rookie) and Gray (small minute guy) are the only C on the roster. It just makes for a very thin front court.

Post Thanks / Like

Your right. We need a big defensive PF ASAP

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont get why people are high on D Will but who knows he was a second overall pick maybe he just needs a chance and new place to show what he can do, the trade is for getting rid of Bargs and getting a PG that can help us out and hopefully not shoot us in the foot when we got a lead.

MT wants to get rid of D Will and they will part with Ridnour or Barera to do it, but D Will claims he is playing out of position all his career so he cant establish his game.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought of Williams as a solid SF prospect (but lacking the size/bulk to play PF). But now that we have Gay (and Ross behind him), what would we do with Williams?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I always thought of Williams as a solid SF prospect (but lacking the size/bulk to play PF). But now that we have Gay (and Ross behind him), what would we do with Williams?
    Gay & Williams at SF, Fields & Ross at SG... trade DeRozan for a starting PF. But that could be me 'Trade-DeRozan-itis' talking lol

Perhaps this rumor needs its own thread (if it picks up steam), so the "Everything Bargnani" thread doesn't get hijacked (in an ironic twist) with talk about potential subsequent moves.

Post Thanks / Like

Dates at raptor games have always worked out well for me, costly, but more fun than other dates, but then I may not be the best judge

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[Girl]: "Sooooo, tell me about yourself"

[BasketballCrush]: "Hold that thought....I'll get back to you at halftime. YOU SUCK BARGNANI!!!"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I'm walking around the house in my underwear my wife points to a window without blinds and says people can see me. I don't understand this, because people are not (or at least I hope they are not) staring out their window into my house hoping to catch a glimpse of me in my underwear. People have better things to do (I hope).

"Honey, that guy across the street is walking around in his underwear again. Quick, you get the video camera and I'll call the police!"

Another reason to boo Bargnani at a game: Maybe they were huge fans of Ed Davis. Every time Bargnani doesn't grab a rebound, they'll be thinking about Ed Davis and that sucks.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    I'm embarassed about these fans and sorry for R.Gay to see the sad reality, couldn't be worse... in sports.
    im sure any ill feelings Gay may have had about the bargs booing soon was forgoten when the same crowd burst into RUDY, RUDY RUDY chants! LOL i was waiting for Sean Astin to be shown on the score board..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the game with a couple buddies of mine. THey started booing Bargs when he came in and did the whole Primo taunting thing. I felt it was a dick move, especially since the guy is coming back from an injury he sustained playing for OUR team. If people want Bargs to play better, booing him isn't going to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    [Girl]: "Sooooo, tell me about yourself"

[BasketballCrush]: "Hold that thought....I'll get back to you at halftime. YOU SUCK BARGNANI!!!"

never booed bargnani, but I will protect your right to do so, sir

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    visiting players are prob. thinking if they were in the crowd they'd be booing bargs too.. his lack of work ethic is well known around the league hence why hes still on our team!

Thread Information