View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 413 of 528 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 463 513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem I have with this boo him or not thread is the context of the moment. They boo'd him before he had even stepped on the court. They boo'd him after he had to sit there for two months and watch his team fight and change and become something different than when he left it. The two months he was spending rehabbing an injury and trying to come back to play for the team we cheer for. I guarantee you he cares regardless of what ridiculous assumptions we come up with on boards like this.

I have no problem booing Bargnani. I just won't do it generically. I will do it if he's in the game and he's personally responsible for a particularly bad stretch in a game. The whole point in cheering and booing is in reacting to what is actually happening in the game...if it's because you hate a player...then you need to get a f*cking life...seriously. It is still a game.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    THESE moves don't though. If we picked up Boozer we would have 50 million coming off the books in 2015. That's only two seasons. Which means we would have that much as trade chips as well. Giant expiring contracts are attractive.
    we may have alot off the books come the end of the deals but it would hamper any efforts to surround them with quality talent in the mean time..we would be limited in how we could fill out the roster.. thats ok if the pieces u have are top 5-10 players in the league... the more i think about it the more i hate this deal

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    I think the problem I have with this boo him or not thread is the context of the moment. They boo'd him before he had even stepped on the court. They boo'd him after he had to sit there for two months and watch his team fight and change and become something different than when he left it. The two months he was spending rehabbing an injury and trying to come back to play for the team we cheer for. I guarantee you he cares regardless of what ridiculous assumptions we come up with on boards like this.

I have no problem booing Bargnani. I just won't do it generically. I will do it if he's in the game and he's personally responsible for a particularly bad stretch in a game. The whole point in cheering and booing is in reacting to what is actually happening in the game...if it's because you hate a player...then you need to get a f*cking life...seriously. It is still a game.
    +1. For those who still don't get it, you likely never will. That's unfortunate, but much like the successes/failures of a basketball team, in the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world.
    Last edited by jimmie; Fri Feb 8th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So true!! Derozan never will be a franchise player.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks -- I have a very prosperous life, full of happiness and joys.

"Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."
    Does that sound like a guy who cares?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just see it this way, we fleeced the Bulls back in the days when we give them Davis and JYD in exchange of Marshall and J.Rose and the rest is history, we made the playoff while Marshall had his career best of hitting 12 3-pointers. If we can flip Bargs + Fields + fillers (possibly Lucas or Anderson) for Boozer + Hinrich. Then that would be a good season trade for us. Boozer is on another level compare to Bargs, he shoots and rebounds, just his contract expires in two years but so what, if we can get at least two years of production out of Booz, then we are golden. Hinrich is the exact backup point guard we need, a good floor general in his early days.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Thanks -- I have a very prosperous life, full of happiness and joys.

Does that sound like a guy who cares?
    Wow, you found a single quote by a man where English isn't his first language and you pin your hate on it. Congratulations, you sure sound like somebody who is happy and fulfilled.

I guarantee you, while you're walking around half naked in front of your window saying FU to your neighbours and not caring whether it makes your wife uncomfortable, he was hardcore rehabbing. And considering you do this, I wouldn't be tossing around a definition for dignity if I was you. None of what you describe is particularly dignified.

And I'm not really a fan here. If we can turn him into value and get something decent back then I'm good to go. That's not the issue here. The issue is your inability to have any perspective on this. Boo the guy when he's on the court f*cking up, don't boo him before he even gets out there. That's just ridiculously immature. Anyway, there are people that are too far gone in their rationalizations to make them realize anything...it was particularly evident when you personalized a single line in my last comment and didn't put it in context with the rest of it. Something you obviously have issues with.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright.. We need to trade Bargnani away before the members of this fanboard murder each-other. This is getting nasty!
    #tradebargnani #saveusfromourselves

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... my underwear analogy lives on.

FYI, it was based on a true story... i actually did walk in across my front window in bikini briefs showing off ass crack when i first moved into my house, and hadn't put blinds up yet, didnt realize just how visible i was to my neighbors...... who just happened to be staring at me, while i was stretching out with one arm, and sipping on a coffee with the other..

same neighbors bought me wine for christmas and a fresh made tray of cupcakes.... im assuming it must have been a good show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    None of that would suprise me. I'm alot more convinced than most that Colangelo won't be trading Bargnani.

Besides his traditional attachment to Bargs, I think Toronto would end up having to give up something just to make it work. Speculation on my part but I'm willing to bet there is/was alot more to this deal than meets the eye, especially because Boozer for Bargs straight up doesn't work. I can easily see the discussion being Boozer for Bargs + Ross.
    if ross is invovled... fuck that... i'd rather keep bargs, than have to give ross up just to get rid of bargs..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    lol... my underwear analogy lives on.

FYI, it was based on a true story... i actually did walk in across my front window in bikini briefs showing off ass crack when i first moved into my house, and hadn't put blinds up yet, didnt realize just how visible i was to my neighbors...... who just happened to be staring at me, while i was stretching out with one arm, and sipping on a coffee with the other..

same neighbors bought me wine for christmas and a fresh made tray of cupcakes.... im assuming it must have been a good show
    I hope I never meet you in person because the mental picture is too much for me to handle. Especially the jungle pubes.

It's funny, a person who shows some passion for a team has no life, and a person who complains about that person does have a life. It saddens me that people are okay with bending over and taking it up the arse when it comes to Bargnani. Even after all these years. Perhaps this is the reason why we will probably end up spending all $71M on this guy, because fans are afraid to express their opinion -- oh sorry, I mean because fans have a life.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    if ross is invovled... fuck that... i'd rather keep bargs, than have to give ross up just to get rid of bargs..
    BC would have to be on Bath Salts to include Ross in that deal! if it happened BC would be lynched up quick! only way Ross gets moved is for an All-Star talent! & even then its iffy theyd have to be in there prime with years of control going forward & a equal talent/salary ratio

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross is off the table any deal that unless of course said deal involvesRaps obtaining Kyrie Irving, Kevn Durant or Lebron James then cool trade him otherwise no. Terrence Ross has to remain a Raptor.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I never meet you in person because the mental picture is too much for me to handle. Especially the jungle pubes.

It's funny, a person who shows some passion for a team has no life, and a person who complains about that person does have a life. It saddens me that people are okay with bending over and taking it up the arse when it comes to Bargnani. Even after all these years. Perhaps this is the reason why we will probably end up spending all $71M on this guy, because fans are afraid to express their opinion -- oh sorry, I mean because fans have a life.
    many people have been horrified by the visual picture of the rainforest crotch... what can i say.... i'm very liberal and lazy about the manscaping... and drink far too much

i've backed out of this argument... not because i believe im wrong and conceding defeat, or that the pro-booing crowd is wrong... but it's a battle of opinion...

nobody is ever right in a battle of opinion...

all that is going to come of it is people making wild assumptions about the people they're arguing against just to prove their points...

the pro-booing crowd is going to assume the anti-booing crowd are all poor kids who can't afford tickets and aren't investing their own hard earned money into the raptors, so they shouldn't complain...

the anti-booing crowd is going to assume the pro-booers are a bunch of douche bags, who wouldn't give up their seat to an old lady on the subway because they paid their god damn $3 and have a right to sit down, and its not their responsibility that the chick decided to get old and crippled..

and none of that is true... i know i have a credit card debt that refuses to go away because i keep dumping more money into the raps... and i know not everyone who supports booing is a dick...

it isn't going to go anywhere positive...

so shut up and talk about my partially visible pubes... it's a much more constructive discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    from what ive read this morning on hoopshype rumors these discusions for Boozer happened weeks ago & league sources say the Raps have Zero Interest in Boozer
    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    D Smith puts some perspective on it (although that's a freakin' huge picture of boozer to put up to say nothing's going on)

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...day-nears.html
    Hopefully we can put the Boozer rumors to rest. I'm still fully open to trading Bargnani, but after sleeping on this one, I'm personally against trading Bargnani for Boozer (even if it did return Teague and/or a mid-late 1st round pick as well).

Ideally, this indicates that there is still interest in Bargnani around the league and prompts teams to get their competitive offers into BC ASAP!

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you guys but I not really interested in trading Bargnani at the moment. If he is used correctly he has a lot of potential to impact the game. Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge advocate for #tradebargnani from the get go but you don't get a 7 footer who can stretch the floor like Bargnani does that often in this league. I would only pull the trigger if the right deal comes along. I just don't think its boozer. Andrea is still young and has a lot to give. Its not his fault that he was picked with the first pick and had all these unreal expectations placed on him. The rumors surrounding a Boozer for Bargnani trade can potentially be disastrous..

Post Thanks / Like

BC would have to be on Bath Salts to include Ross in that deal! if it happened BC would be lynched up quick! only way Ross gets moved is for an All-Star talent! & even then its iffy theyd have to in there prime with years of control going forward & a equal talent/salary ratio
    You could see it happening though. Chicago wanted to do the deal first but now that Gasol is hurt they have a bit more leverage.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...talks_tribune/

been in talks over this for at least a week so before Gay became a Rap, Chicago was really pressing the trade. I want Bargnani gne but I want a younger cheaper PF.

Post Thanks / Like

You could see it happening though. Chicago wanted to do the deal first but now that Gasol is hurt they have a bit more leverage.
    i dont see it happening at all! BC would laugh them off the phone...Boozer for bargs is prob more then Chicago get from anyone around the league..he is a HUGE ??? with a HUGE paycheck.. who has been linked to amnesty more times then anyone still able to be amnestied...Chitown dont have much leverage when it comes to moving him, i think theyd take a packet of peanuts for him if offered!

Post Thanks / Like

i dont see it happening at all! BC would laugh them off the phone...Boozer for bargs is prob more then Chicago get from anyone around the league..he is a HUGE ??? with a HUGE paycheck.. who has been linked to amnesty more times then anyone still able to be amnestied...Chitown dont have much leverage when it comes to moving him, i think theyd take a packet of peanuts for him if offered!
    Seriously, if Chicago was that desperate to cut him, Toronto could just claim him for pennies and THEN trade/amnesty Bargnani.

Thread Information