View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 505 of 527 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

2. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't gone through all 21 pages so this might be said already, but MAN it's too bad Camby doesn't want to accept a Magloire type role on the team. JV could learn some stuff from this guy.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Barg write his own English Tweets?

https://twitter.com/intent/user?prof...37050950975490
    Andrea Bargnani @AndreaBargnani
    I am thrilled to become a New York Knick and look forward to becoming a part of their storied franchise!!
    about 4 hours ago Reply Retweet Favorite

I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I sued the word "Storied" in a sentence. Barg used it in his above tweet to describe the New York Knicks Organization. Maybe he writes better than he speaks. But if he is not the one writing the Tweets in English, how are we to believe him when he says thank you to the Raps fans for supporting him for the past seven years? )

Just me adding my two cents!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he uses a publicist for the "important" tweets...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the answer is no.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I implore you all to read the Knicks fans comments lol its pretty funny NY knows what he is at least the fan base does anyway lol.

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I implore you all to read the Knicks fans comments lol its pretty funny NY knows what he is at least the fan base does anyway lol.
    That's messed up, he hasn't even arrived yet and they are already dissing him.

And to OP, if you think the majority of celebrities write those written statements issued by their lawyers or PR people, than you are very naive. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea Bargnani ‏@AndreaBargnani 5h

I just want to Thank the Toronto organization and my fans for all of their support over the last 7 years!
    Jalani Morgan ‏@jalanimorgan 3h

@MR_STiXX support??
    lol

I am thrilled to become a New York Knick and look forward to becoming a part of their storied franchise!!
    STFU U AINT SHIT
    or
    the only story you'll be adding is a cautionary tale on thinking you can save lazy reclamation projects
    I see him as complete outcast in that team.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Poor bastard lol the guy can't catch a break

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    I haven't gone through all 21 pages so this might be said already, but MAN it's too bad Camby doesn't want to accept a Magloire type role on the team. JV could learn some stuff from this guy.
    I personally think this "Learning from vets stuff is overrated". What can they teach what he does not know? I understand Hakeem or Shaq, Sabonis, but these vets? All they can do is to dedicate couple days for advices, that's pretty much all they can do. Better pay half of his salary for Hakeems one week camp, that's way more useful.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Poor bastard lol the guy can't catch a break
    Don't you mean "Poor Rich Bastard!" He did get his break when he got that $50 million extension and he didn't do anything better. Some guys have all the luck. At lease he has a drop dead gorgeous girlfriend!

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...you might be right, but either of us are NBA players so we don't really know. Magloire was useful when he was here in spurts and in getting in guy's faces. Camby used to be one of the best defensive players in the league. When you have a guy like that giving you tips and encouraging you everyday that's pretty awesome.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    ?..you mean Bosh and T-MAC?
    Yes. Multitasking. Multimistakes.

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits
    Gold:

Haberstroh: Bad fit. Can't defend? Check. Shot-taker, not a shot-maker? Check. Expensive? Check. Poor health record? Check. On second thought, maybe he's actually tailor-made to play for the Knicks.
    This is essentially what I thought on first hearing the rumblings.

Prediction: Bargnani starts the season on fire, Knicks fans lose their minds because that's how they roll. Then Bargnani comes down to earth and he wishes he was still dealing all those "cool headed" Raptors fans. LOL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    I personally think this "Learning from vets stuff is overrated". What can they teach what he does not know? I understand Hakeem or Shaq, Sabonis, but these vets? All they can do is to dedicate couple days for advices, that's pretty much all they can do. Better pay half of his salary for Hakeems one week camp, that's way more useful.
    Really? In his prime, Camby was averaging 11 rebounds, 3.5 blocks in 33 minutes. He wasn't exactly a scrub just getting by. I'm sure there are some basketball IQ things he could pass on. I feel like having some consistent reinforcement over a full season would be pretty useful. It's not enough to be able to teach somebody something; you need to reinforce it as much as possible to get it to stick.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One person's opinion:

Charlie

The New York Knicks seemed to get the best of the Raptors in the Andrei Bargnani trade. The Knicks got a 7-footer who averaged 19.5 a game only two years ago giving them a stretch four who can come off the bench and score some points. The first round pick going to Toronto will be late given the Nuggets right to swap picks. Who do you think got the best of the NYC / Raptors trade and why?

Steve Kyler

Both sides got exactly what they wanted.

Raptors are likely flipping Camby to another team, so they dump Barg’s contract money off on New York and get a draft pick for a guy they wanted gone. We’ll see what they get for Camby, maybe another young piece

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors...e-kyler-722013
    Camby only wants to play for a 'contending' team.

What contenders would want Camby at $4.38M?

First of all, who are the contenders?
    MIA, IND, CHI, BKN, LAC, SAS, OKC, MEM

MIA:
    Joel Anthony, 2nd rd pick for Camby
    Why?
    Miami gets to drop Anthony's player option for 2014-15 ($3.8M)
    Toronto gets nothing but the pick which is likely late 50's/60 so don't see it happening

IND:
    Gerald Green, 2nd rd pick
    Why?
    Indiana were looking to ship Green out and save $2.5M next season if they choose to waive Camby. 3rd string C insurance policy.
    Toronto gets nothing but the pick but likely late 50's so don't see it happening.

Chicago:
    Hamilton (guaranteed for $1M in '13-14), Teague/2nd rd pick/Murphy
    Why?
    Chicago gets 3rd string insurance behind Nazr who just re-upped and Noah. They having been peddling Rip for a long time.
    Toronto waives Hamilton and saves $3.3M this season plus $1M next and gets a young asset.
    (Chicago are so cheap though I doubt they ever consider it once they realize they are adding money in the end).

Brooklyn:
    Teletovic and Plumbee/Taylor
    Why?
    Brooklyn gets major assistance in becoming oldest team ever and can take another shot at the Knicks in the ongoing pissing match.
    Toronto gets another three point shooter (he is essentially Novak) and a young asset.

Clippers:
    Sure soemthing is there but I don't see it unless it is Camby (or Novak) for Bledsoe and DD for Butler (2 separate deals). Bullock is a guy I'd be interested in too.

Spurs:
    Not seeing anything.

OKC:
    Perkins makes too much money to make anything work... well at least for 2 months.

MEM:
    Bayless? lol

In the end if Camby really wants to play for a contender he'll give up money and Toronto can buy him out.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd add Houston and GSW to the mix of 'contenders'.

Camby for White & Houston's 2014 2nd rounder (via NY)?

Camby for S&T with Landry?

Post Thanks / Like

The guy is gone leave him be for fucks sakes!!!!! What are you guys gonna complain about when he's gone?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who cares?

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he uses google translate...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    The guy is gone leave him be for fucks sakes!!!!! What are you guys gonna complain about when he's gone?
    I'm quite confident that the NBA delayed the deal by 10 days to allow frustrated Raptor fans to rip the shit out of Bargnani for just a while longer....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

22. Like footarez liked this post
Page 505 of 527 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 ... LastLast

Thread Information